Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stratstones Bury
robbo71

Stratstones Bury

Hi all. Placed order for Dynamic SD4 maual in firenze red pimento interroir / pano roof / tints,
begining of October with Stratstones in Bury and not heard a peep since. We were told at the
time we should expect the car in march maybe early feb (told him we would rather wait till March).
Has any one had any dealing with Stratstones Bury before and what was the sevice like. Should we
have heard something by now. Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Chris
23-12-2011 07:33pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Daigriff

RE: Stratstones Bury

Its probably on the waiting list waiting to be called.

I wouldn't be too worried, but no harm in an email or telephone call to enquire as to when it may be called just to be on the safe side.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
23-12-2011 07:47pm
ED209

To me it seems reasonable that any business should update a customer re the progress of their order which is outstanding at least once a month without having to be chased for an update. This is the same for any business not just car dealers.

It should be all about customer service. This approach may even help someone retain future business.
23-12-2011 07:53pm
IKM

I had a similar situation but just kept requesting updates at least once a month. In fact I often learned about production delays on this site and could tell the dealer more than he told me. Good luck!

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
23-12-2011 08:17pm
ytshome

(23-12-2011 07:33pm)robbo71 Wrote:  Hi all. Placed order for Dynamic SD4 maual in firenze red pimento interroir / pano roof / tints,
begining of October with Stratstones in Bury and not heard a peep since. We were told at the
time we should expect the car in march maybe early feb (told him we would rather wait till March).
Has any one had any dealing with Stratstones Bury before and what was the sevice like. Should we
have heard something by now. Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Chris

I went to the launch night there and the people at Stratstone were helpful. Personally, whilst it would be nice and professional for regular updates I don't think that its particularly strange that they haven't been in touch. In your position I'd probably make contact, ask for an update and request that your salesman diarises a regular (fortnightly perhaps) email. In this way you are applying some gentle pressure on your dealer to check up specifically on the progress of your car and being reasonable at the same time.

ps, I did notice that the pricing of optional dealer fit extras in here was particulary rude, so I'd check out first incase you are thinking of mudflaps etc.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
23-12-2011 09:11pm
robbo71

Cheers Guys,looks like I will be on the phone soon as the holidays are over.
I dont think a monthly or even fortnightly email / phone call is to much to
ask when your spending £40+ K.
24-12-2011 05:04pm
defender_uk

startstone bury are a waste of space...should have gone to williams in manchester..

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
24-12-2011 05:05pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ytshome

My only dealings with Stratstone Bury are detailed above but I did buy my car from another Stratstone dealership. Im afraid they were very poor.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
24-12-2011 05:09pm
defender_uk

i suspect it might be a group effort.....

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
24-12-2011 05:11pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vinda

(23-12-2011 09:11pm)ytshome Wrote:  I went to the launch night there and the people at Stratstone were helpful. Personally, whilst it would be nice and professional for regular updates I don't think that its particularly strange that they haven't been in touch. In your position I'd probably make contact, ask for an update and request that your salesman diarises a regular (fortnightly perhaps) email. In this way you are applying some gentle pressure on your dealer to check up specifically on the progress of your car and being reasonable at the same time.

ps, I did notice that the pricing of optional dealer fit extras in here was particulary rude, so I'd check out first incase you are thinking of mudflaps etc.

How much they charging for mudflaps
26-12-2011 08:03am