babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Stratstones Bury - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Stratstones Bury (/Thread-Stratstones-Bury)

Pages: 1 2

Stratstones Bury - robbo71 - 23-12-2011 07:33pm

Hi all. Placed order for Dynamic SD4 maual in firenze red pimento interroir / pano roof / tints,
begining of October with Stratstones in Bury and not heard a peep since. We were told at the
time we should expect the car in march maybe early feb (told him we would rather wait till March).
Has any one had any dealing with Stratstones Bury before and what was the sevice like. Should we
have heard something by now. Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Chris

RE: Stratstones Bury - Daigriff - 23-12-2011 07:47pm

Its probably on the waiting list waiting to be called.

I wouldn't be too worried, but no harm in an email or telephone call to enquire as to when it may be called just to be on the safe side.

RE: Stratstones Bury - ED209 - 23-12-2011 07:53pm

To me it seems reasonable that any business should update a customer re the progress of their order which is outstanding at least once a month without having to be chased for an update. This is the same for any business not just car dealers.

It should be all about customer service. This approach may even help someone retain future business.

RE: Stratstones Bury - IKM - 23-12-2011 08:17pm

I had a similar situation but just kept requesting updates at least once a month. In fact I often learned about production delays on this site and could tell the dealer more than he told me. Good luck!

RE: Stratstones Bury - ytshome - 23-12-2011 09:11pm

(23-12-2011 07:33pm)robbo71 Wrote:  Hi all. Placed order for Dynamic SD4 maual in firenze red pimento interroir / pano roof / tints,
begining of October with Stratstones in Bury and not heard a peep since. We were told at the
time we should expect the car in march maybe early feb (told him we would rather wait till March).
Has any one had any dealing with Stratstones Bury before and what was the sevice like. Should we
have heard something by now. Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Chris

I went to the launch night there and the people at Stratstone were helpful. Personally, whilst it would be nice and professional for regular updates I don't think that its particularly strange that they haven't been in touch. In your position I'd probably make contact, ask for an update and request that your salesman diarises a regular (fortnightly perhaps) email. In this way you are applying some gentle pressure on your dealer to check up specifically on the progress of your car and being reasonable at the same time.

ps, I did notice that the pricing of optional dealer fit extras in here was particulary rude, so I'd check out first incase you are thinking of mudflaps etc.

RE: Stratstones Bury - robbo71 - 24-12-2011 05:04pm

Cheers Guys,looks like I will be on the phone soon as the holidays are over.
I dont think a monthly or even fortnightly email / phone call is to much to
ask when your spending £40+ K.

RE: Stratstones Bury - defender_uk - 24-12-2011 05:05pm

startstone bury are a waste of space...should have gone to williams in manchester..

RE: Stratstones Bury - ytshome - 24-12-2011 05:09pm

My only dealings with Stratstone Bury are detailed above but I did buy my car from another Stratstone dealership. Im afraid they were very poor.

RE: Stratstones Bury - defender_uk - 24-12-2011 05:11pm

i suspect it might be a group effort.....

RE: Stratstones Bury - vinda - 26-12-2011 08:03am

(23-12-2011 09:11pm)ytshome Wrote:  I went to the launch night there and the people at Stratstone were helpful. Personally, whilst it would be nice and professional for regular updates I don't think that its particularly strange that they haven't been in touch. In your position I'd probably make contact, ask for an update and request that your salesman diarises a regular (fortnightly perhaps) email. In this way you are applying some gentle pressure on your dealer to check up specifically on the progress of your car and being reasonable at the same time.

ps, I did notice that the pricing of optional dealer fit extras in here was particulary rude, so I'd check out first incase you are thinking of mudflaps etc.

How much they charging for mudflaps