Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Seat belt chime
DDX

Seat belt chime

Has anyone with the Evoque tried the seat belt chime trick (turn on ignition and buckle/unbuckle 10 tunes quickly under a minute) ?

On the RRS it would switch of the chime but still show the warning sign on the dash.

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
04-12-2011 06:56pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
griff

RE: Seat belt chime

No, do let us know how you get on. Would be v interested as I hate all chimes with a vengeance.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2011 07:35pm by griff.)
04-12-2011 07:22pm
ED209

Hpw about just wearing your seatbelt? that will stop the chime. Might even save your life too!
04-12-2011 07:30pm
DDX

Seat belt chime

Ha! I do wear it, can't drive off without wearing it. Occasionally I have passengers who take a year to put it on and the chime is a bit annoying.

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

04-12-2011 07:32pm
griff

(04-12-2011 07:30pm)ED209 Wrote:  Hpw about just wearing your seatbelt? that will stop the chime. Might even save your life too!
It's not about wearing the belt, that's a given it's about the chime. I hate the door one as well.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
04-12-2011 07:39pm
cjfp

Just leave the car on the drive - it's safer! Rolling Eyes

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2011 08:12pm by cjfp.)
04-12-2011 08:12pm
PhilSkill

I hate the door open chime, can we turn it off?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
05-12-2011 12:04am
DefLeppard

My current car chimes at me frequently (Nissan Murano)

It insists the passenger is not wearing their seatbelt....
Thing is......there is no passenger. Its just me in the drivers seat and my laptop and very heavy handbag on the passenger seat.
I now leave the passenger seat belt clipped in all the time.
Hoping the Evoque is not as "sensitive" Smile

The Murano also insists that I cannot have any door open (including the boot) with the stereo on , which i do often have - I work out of my car, and spend alot of time with the boot open, or arranging paperwork/samples in the boot/backseat - and i like to sing along to my music as I do it.

My other little quirk is i like a song to finish, so when i get into my garage at night, i get out of the car (leaving the radio on) , finishing singing along to the song as I unload the work gear and say hello to the fur kids. All the while the bloody chiming goes on!

I may be a nutter, but the damn car is annoying this nutter! Cant wait to see if my new Evoque will let my singing continue chime free.

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2011 12:36pm by DefLeppard.)
05-12-2011 12:35pm
DDX

Seat belt chime

On eBay you can get little clips that insert into the buckle so the car thinks the belt is in.

05-12-2011 02:49pm
alfa 147

(05-12-2011 02:49pm)DDX Wrote:  On eBay you can get little clips that insert into the buckle so the car thinks the belt is in.

In Romania (Bucharest) these little clips are sold at every traffic light, next to iphone/BB car chargers, car fresheners etc.

Fuji White 5 doors PRESTIGE TD4 automatic transmission, 20 inch alloy sport&style 6, Tan/Ivory/Espresso interior, pack DYNAMIC&PRESTIGE Tech with Rear Cam, privacy glass, order date 24.11.2011, delivery date 24.04.2012
07-12-2011 06:21pm