Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Seat belt chime
Biker

RE: Seat belt chime

(05-12-2011 12:35pm)DefLeppard Wrote:  My current car chimes at me frequently (Nissan Murano)

It insists the passenger is not wearing their seatbelt....
Thing is......there is no passenger. Its just me in the drivers seat and my laptop and very heavy handbag on the passenger seat.
I now leave the passenger seat belt clipped in all the time.
Hoping the Evoque is not as "sensitive" Smile

The Murano also insists that I cannot have any door open (including the boot) with the stereo on , which i do often have - I work out of my car, and spend alot of time with the boot open, or arranging paperwork/samples in the boot/backseat - and i like to sing along to my music as I do it.

My other little quirk is i like a song to finish, so when i get into my garage at night, i get out of the car (leaving the radio on) , finishing singing along to the song as I unload the work gear and say hello to the fur kids. All the while the bloody chiming goes on!

I may be a nutter, but the damn car is annoying this nutter! Cant wait to see if my new Evoque will let my singing continue chime free.

My Murano must be a factory fault. I have no annoying chimes for seatbelt - just a light on the dash.

TD4 180 HSE MY17 Fuji White
10-12-2011 02:06am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Radeco

Got It ! Press the stop/start button - Do not touch any pedal - Insert and remove seat belt clip 9 times you will get 1 Bong to confirm it's done. Idea

G4 Freelander 2005 V6 HSE Stage 1 Thailand/Laos. HQ Support
Gone - Grey Freelander 2 2011 SD4 XS Works Van !
Still missing my Evo.
11-12-2011 03:27pm
DDX

Seat belt chime

Thanks Radeco, was just looking for the thread to confirm it too Wink

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
11-12-2011 04:57pm
Mag1c_dragon

(11-12-2011 03:27pm)Radeco Wrote:  Got It ! Press the stop/start button - Do not touch any pedal - Insert and remove seat belt clip 9 times you will get 1 Bong to confirm it's done. Idea

Excellent this has been annoying me too. I need to jump in and the car all the time when we forget somehting (or my son does) and it was really getting to me - swore at it today! My son actually said he doesn't like the car cos it beeps too much!

Ordered June 11, Built - 24th November - Delivered - 7th Dec - NO DELAYS

Fuji White SD4 Dynamic, Auto, 5 Door, Black contrast roof with Panoramic Sunroof, Vortex Interior, Shadow Alloys, Ebony Roof Liner, Surround Cameras, TPMS Very Happy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnrampton/6495208095/
11-12-2011 06:00pm
nrs5

(11-12-2011 03:27pm)Radeco Wrote:  Got It ! Press the stop/start button - Do not touch any pedal - Insert and remove seat belt clip 9 times you will get 1 Bong to confirm it's done. Idea

AWESOME!!!!! Very Happy
13-12-2011 07:18am
BFGEvoqueMan

If it is the same as the FL2, then assuming you have de-activated the chime, you will be able to do the same thing again to re-activate (useful say when you are selling it). It does, however, appear to be impossible to turn off the door open chime - when will LR learn that we are no al lin need of as much nannying as LR thinkEvilEvil

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
13-12-2011 09:05am
cutter7

Thanks Radeco, Just stopped my seat belt chimes! works great.Very Happy

(This post was last modified: 14-12-2011 09:23am by cutter7.)
14-12-2011 09:22am
EVO PUNDITT

I must try this one Idea

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
14-12-2011 11:07am
LIONHEAD

Thanks for the info. I should have realized the steps as its the same as on my jag. Makes sense as both are under Tata.
(This post was last modified: 15-12-2011 07:22am by LIONHEAD.)
15-12-2011 07:22am
benzina

Thats GREAT to hear about being able to switch off the seat belt chimes, as this is the first thing i'll do when i finally get my Evoque. Love warning lights,but Hate chimes with a passion.
Now about the door chime...whats that for? We have the door adjar warning light. We need to exhaust every avenue to find out if it can be switched off.

UPDATE EDIT - The Solution to the door chime, see this thread..... http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Open-Door...ight=chime

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2012 02:42am by benzina.)
15-12-2011 10:07am