Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Recommended Snow Chains
doug

RE: Recommended Snow Chains

They got me moving up a ice covered hill with no wheel spin at all. I would recommend these to anyone to keep in the boot.
The ones we have at work, come in a strong PVC bag & a set of gloves. I would say, carry a large bin bag to put the socks in to once used as they will be very wet! They are machine washable.

Can't believe I'm talking about snow socks in June Smile

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
09-06-2012 11:29am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
o3zone

are people buying one or two sets of the Thules? From what I read best performance dictates that chains should be on all four tires...
30-11-2012 11:42pm
muff

Recommended Snow Chains

Haven't driven the Evoque in snow as yet but had a RR Sport for 4 years and rescued, towed and seriously worked it in deep snow including towing uphill in snow without the need for snow chains. Why do you need them with a Land Rover product?
30-11-2012 11:56pm
IKM

(30-11-2012 11:56pm)muff Wrote:  Haven't driven the Evoque in snow as yet but had a RR Sport for 4 years and rescued, towed and seriously worked it in deep snow including towing uphill in snow without the need for snow chains. Why do you need them with a Land Rover product?
Interesting muff, what winter tyres if any and size were you using for this, as I'm thinking about the RRS for my next car? Thanks.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
01-12-2012 12:02am
muff

Recommended Snow Chains

(01-12-2012 12:02am)IKM Wrote:  Interesting muff, what winter tyres if any and size were you using for this, as I'm thinking about the RRS for my next car? Thanks.

In summer I ran 20 inch wheels with low profile Hankook tyres. In winter I used the standard / stock 19" wheels and tyres and had no problems. I towed an E class out a verge on a steep hill just by using the low box and snow setting. Quite remarkable. I also towed a Freelander that was on its roof and dragged it into a field to get it off the road whilst still on its roof on a snow covered rural road, again with the stock 19s. Remarkable cars are LR products
01-12-2012 11:30am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Having the Low Ratio box can be invaluable in some conditions on road, and great thing with LR's system is you can swap between Low Range and High Range with the car moving unlike some cars where you have to stop and loose momentum........

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
01-12-2012 11:47am