Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Radio cutting out
RacingSnake

RE: Radio cutting out

(11-11-2013 04:14pm)jitenc Wrote:  Apparently from the dealers, the update seems to be only for the new Evoque, ...early generation evoques seem to miss out.... am i right?
No. (to be short and sweet).

All affected evoques can have the update - and the new FFRR, but apparently not the new RRS?! When I asked why that was, she said they didn't know, just that it wasn't working with the new RRS and they're still working on it!

Mine is booked in a week on Monday for a 'waiting' appointment Rolling Eyes

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
11-11-2013 04:33pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nantmoel

I have also noticed this as if there a loose connection 'crackle' radio goes of for a second or two them comes back on!

Arrived March 4th 2013: 2.2 SD4 Dynamic 5dr Auto, Firenze Red with Santorini Black Contrast Roof with full Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, 20" Shadow Alloy Wheels, Heated Steering Wheel, Powered Tail Gate, Park Assist and TV.
17-11-2013 09:15pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bandit1250

(11-11-2013 01:22pm)Shenley Wrote:  Had this update done on 25/10/13 at Chipperfield LR, download took nearly 30mins or so. Car was set to USA when it went in and set back to UK after the download. They had switched the auto wipers, auto lights to off, and disconnected the phone cables, and my wife's IPod in the center cubby hole.

No problems since she says.

However when I borrowed her car to do the bulky shop at our local cash and carry (I drive a Nissan 350z, which takes two shopping bags....) I noticed a couple of things I had not noticed before.

1) When you ask for the satnav you get the 'warning screen' and have to press agree, well after 3 seconds it now just goes straight to the satnav screen without pressing anything.

2) When you adjust the volume you get a volume control on the screen in the form of a circle with a number in it. Now I know I have never seen this before. In this car or the previous one. (First one rejected)

[Image: DSC00476_zpsc5d1e495.jpg]

This appears when you adjust the volume on the knob or the steering wheel. Is this new? Or is it something you can ask for in the menu? Strange I/we have never seen it before. Been driving the Evoque(s) for a year now.......

Or have I not been driving it enough to notice these things.

The display showing the volume as a circular graphic is programmed from the options screen, have a look at the various options and you will find it.
(This post was last modified: 17-11-2013 09:57pm by Bandit1250.)
17-11-2013 09:54pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It also comes up in pre-2013MY cars when you turn the power knob to the left below the screen to adjust the volume

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
17-11-2013 11:20pm
Mark^^

its is also in my MY13 Dynamic, and its something you can turn on or off (from appearing) in the menu options

Fuji White Dynamic SD4 – auto, with Energy interior and pano roof.
18-11-2013 10:06am
cutter7

Having just booked my car in for the 48k service, i asked if they could do the software update for the radio etc cutting out (which over the last few weeks hasn't happened once?) they told me that they only have the updated software for all cars up to a year old and they are waiting for software updates for the older cars?.

They advised me to set the TV to USA which i already knew, and they will be in touch when the software is available..is this right? my car was built Nov 2011.

(This post was last modified: 19-11-2013 08:50am by cutter7.)
19-11-2013 08:47am
Donny Dog

(19-11-2013 08:47am)cutter7 Wrote:  Having just booked my car in for the 48k service, i asked if they could do the software update for the radio etc cutting out (which over the last few weeks hasn't happened once?) they told me that they only have the updated software for all cars up to a year old and they are waiting for software updates for the older cars?.

They advised me to set the TV to USA which i already knew, and they will be in touch when the software is available..is this right? my car was built Nov 2011.

I had my March 2012 Evoque software updated for this problem two weeks ago, which the update cured. (They also did the battery charging software update at the same time).
19-11-2013 09:29am
cutter7

Radio cutting out

Thanks Donny I'll pass this info on to the service Dep't before the service.

19-11-2013 08:21pm
jitenc

(19-11-2013 08:21pm)cutter7 Wrote:  Thanks Donny I'll pass this info on to the service Dep't before the service.

Cutter, let us know the outcome. Mine was a Nov 11 built as well, and no update available for the radio upon enquiring!

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
20-11-2013 01:23am
Nantmoel

I had my Evoque updated yesterday all seemed fine driving home today. I also managed to pick up a puncture on my way to the garage which ruined my tyre, I had it replaced £370, I paid ATS £288 in August for the same tyre. I'm so glad I took out tyre insurance so at least I get £250 back.

Arrived March 4th 2013: 2.2 SD4 Dynamic 5dr Auto, Firenze Red with Santorini Black Contrast Roof with full Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, 20" Shadow Alloy Wheels, Heated Steering Wheel, Powered Tail Gate, Park Assist and TV.
21-11-2013 09:25pm