Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Problem after Problem - Dyanamic Lux
TSO25

Problem after Problem - Dyanamic Lux

Hi All,

Found these forums whilst browsing online so thought I'd ask to see if these are common problems as my evoque is now having problem after problem - very disheartening. Purchased an Evoque Dynamic Lux eleven months ago.

First issue - Rear passenger side wheel making very loud metal on metal clanging noise. Called RR Assist out who listened and removed rear wheels to inspect for stones etc, nothing found. Recovered to a local RR garage who kept the car for two days then advised there was no noise when they received it at the garage - I didn't buy this as the noise was so violent it prompted neighbours to come out from next door and technician mentioned he'd been doing this job for over 30 years and this most definitely was not caused by a stone in brakes.

Second issue - Driving down the M25 with cruise control on. 'Limited Performance' appears on the dashboard. Car then slowed down to around 50/60mph at this point so I pulled onto the hard shoulder and rang RR Assist who recovered it. RR Assist technician advised faulty diesel particulate filter when tests were run. Car sat in local garage for almost two weeks before they condescendingly agreed the technician who visited to perform tests initially was correct. New filter fitted.

Third issue - Car is jerking between (auto) gears. Ascend and descend is horrid, volume controls stopped working along with answer/end call and voice control buttons - strange thing is the '<< previous and next >>' buttons continued to work. Car went back to original dealership I purchased with, as I was unimpressed with the lack of customer service from local RR garages. A software update was performed on the gearbox, however, this hasn't changed anything. Gears actually feel as if they are getting more violent between changes and no courtesy cars available until the end of the month.

After a ridiculous amount of phone calls to local garage regarding boot misalignment, I never received a call back. Even when I popped in unannounced and photos were taken and I was assured it would be dealt with - never heard anything again from them regarding the outcome or booking the car in and people were never available to speak on the phone Mad so car will have to go back up to original dealer to have this sorted.

Not even a year of owning an evoque yet the customer service has been absolutely dreadful from local garages. Staff are rude and dismissive. Three hour round trips to the original dealership is obviously not something I would want to do more than once a year but it's beginning to look like I'm on the road to problems with this car.

Has anyone else experienced these faults? I'm very disheartened by the whole experience. Makes the magic of a new car quickly fade Sad
13-07-2016 01:55pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pete

RE: Problem after Problem - Dyanamic Lux

Is this a new or "approved used" vehicle?

If the garage is disputing things, I'd recommend demonstrating with a service manager as a passenger.

Sadly, I (and many others here) can empathise with the experience relating to the LR service department. I've often been in a situation where I've awaited a call-back that never happened.

Many of us don't learn and keep on buying Land Rover cars regardless (when they work, they're flipping good).

Porsche Macan
13-07-2016 02:12pm
PhilSkill

Hi Sorry to hear of your troubles, sadly the massive increase of sales and a few common faults and poor production quality have left the dealers completely overrun, there are certainly a lot of complaints about dealers.

First Issue, no this is a new one, did it get sorted?

Second Issue, very common, had it on mine, it's not the DPF itself but the Pressure sensor to the DPF or the Pipes conecting. Common on Freelander too.

Third Issue, could be 2, a few have had controls fail on the steering wheel, normally have had the controls replaced under warranty and usually doesn't seem to be a problem again. Gearbox, lots of complaints about this, but hard to gauge what is a problem and what is "normal" it's certainly not the best Auto box on the road. Dealers can usually reset the gearbox learns, but would likely to have done this when your software was updated, all you can do is keep pestering the dealers and remember they will not call you.

Boot Alignment, This has been a major issue, but a good dealer can put it right, Mine was, and although not absolutely 100% perfect, it's been fine since.

I think LR (and Dealers) have been behind the times, and have been completely left under-resourced for the amount of sales they've been making and the amount of Warranty work they have to deal with. Mine have been very good, but same problem, cant see it for weeks if you try and book it in for a problem.

Fortunately there are a lot of indie and third part LR garages that are a lot better.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
13-07-2016 02:21pm
TSO25

(13-07-2016 02:12pm)Pete Wrote:  Is this a new or "approved used" vehicle?

If the garage is disputing things, I'd recommend demonstrating with a service manager as a passenger.

Sadly, I (and many others here) can empathise with the experience relating to the LR service department. I've often been in a situation where I've awaited a call-back that never happened.

Many of us don't learn and keep on buying Land Rover cars regardless (when they work, they're flipping good).

Hi Pete,

It's an approved used vehicle, previously owned by LR Head Office. Purchased the car with low mileage when it was under a year old. I agree with you, will definitely have to drive back up to original dealership to do a proper road test with service manager - the fault cannot be missed, even passengers who aren't aware of the gearbox issue have commented on the jerking motions of the car during gear change.

Yes local LR Service is awful, they even attempted to refuse to take my car in after the limited performance issue but that didn't go down very well with RR Assist, they contacted Head Office regarding this.

As much as I love my car, I don't think I'd buy another after this, I'm just waiting for more issues to arise now Rolling Eyes gearbox problems are definitely not a good sign this early on. Car still has fairly low mileage at 25k Sad
13-07-2016 02:35pm
Pete

Yeah, changing gears shouldn't normally be that noticeable. Even in my elderly 6 speed, a change is nothing more than a gentle surge.

With the DPF issue, it's possible that this could be self-rectifying after taking the car for a longer motorway run which might be why the dealership was reluctant to take it in. I expect the LR Assist guy had to convince them that it was an actual fault.

I have to say, however (and I think you'd agree) that my dealings with LR Assist have been extremely good (I've had to use them twice).

Porsche Macan
13-07-2016 02:52pm
TSO25

(13-07-2016 02:21pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Hi Sorry to hear of your troubles, sadly the massive increase of sales and a few common faults and poor production quality have left the dealers completely overrun, there are certainly a lot of complaints about dealers.

First Issue, no this is a new one, did it get sorted?

Second Issue, very common, had it on mine, it's not the DPF itself but the Pressure sensor to the DPF or the Pipes conecting. Common on Freelander too.

Third Issue, could be 2, a few have had controls fail on the steering wheel, normally have had the controls replaced under warranty and usually doesn't seem to be a problem again. Gearbox, lots of complaints about this, but hard to gauge what is a problem and what is "normal" it's certainly not the best Auto box on the road. Dealers can usually reset the gearbox learns, but would likely to have done this when your software was updated, all you can do is keep pestering the dealers and remember they will not call you.

Boot Alignment, This has been a major issue, but a good dealer can put it right, Mine was, and although not absolutely 100% perfect, it's been fine since.

I think LR (and Dealers) have been behind the times, and have been completely left under-resourced for the amount of sales they've been making and the amount of Warranty work they have to deal with. Mine have been very good, but same problem, cant see it for weeks if you try and book it in for a problem.

Fortunately there are a lot of indie and third part LR garages that are a lot better.

Hi Phil

Yes first issue was sorted but local garage played dumb and said they were unaware of what the issue was to begin with.

Third issue - Steering controls were dealt with in original dealership, however, gearbox still an issue. I was told the gearbox was going to be learning my driving style for the first few journeys after picking up the car but it's the jerking motions, I find myself shunting forwards and backwards in my seat during ascend/descend. I really had hoped it would be rectified by a simple software update as I didn't want it to be a more serious issue.

I've researched the nearer garages but they seem to have awful reviews or even longer wait times. Car is going back into original RR dealership at end of month for boot alignment so gearbox will have to wait until then which is very unfortunate at it's making it a bit of a horror to drive.

TSO

(13-07-2016 02:52pm)Pete Wrote:  Yeah, changing gears shouldn't normally be that noticeable. Even in my elderly 6 speed, a change is nothing more than a gentle surge.

With the DPF issue, it's possible that this could be self-rectifying after taking the car for a longer motorway run which might be why the dealership was reluctant to take it in. I expect the LR Assist guy had to convince them that it was an actual fault.

I have to say, however (and I think you'd agree) that my dealings with LR Assist have been extremely good (I've had to use them twice).

Hi Pete,

Yes LR Assist are brilliant - without them I probably would have already sold the car by now. They are very quick to source courtesy cars and keep you in the loop regarding recovery and follow up. I was pleasantly surprised when they offered to pay my cab to the office when they couldn't provide a car before work one Monday morning. I just wish I didn't have to have so much contact with them so early on Laughing

TSO
(This post was last modified: 13-07-2016 03:27pm by TSO25.)
13-07-2016 03:17pm
Pete

This doesn't sound like a gearbox "learning" issue to me.

Porsche Macan
13-07-2016 03:32pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I would suggest that you contact Land Rover Customer services through their section of the forum - as you only have 3 posts you need to get your post count to 5 to use the PM system but they have their email and phone contact details on their posts. You will need to have to hand your name and address, your VIN and registration number for them. They will ask for details of the problem, what was/wasn't done to help and if you have any job reference numbers from LRA that would help. Please also don't be shy about naming and shaming the dealership either, sometimes giving them bad publicity on the forum and telling them that you have posted can work wonders as they stand to loose customers if word they have a bad reputation on the forums.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-07-2016 05:06pm
PhilSkill

(13-07-2016 03:32pm)Pete Wrote:  This doesn't sound like a gearbox "learning" issue to me.

Yeah i'd agree, and should have been reset when reprogrammed.

Given the DPF fault happened on the M25 under cruise, just like mine happened on the M1 after a 200 mile journey, it's more than likely the sensor, but you never know. The Fault code that the recovery people read is pretty clear, "DPF Pressure circuit Erratic" or something like that. Most likely caused by a failed sensor or the pipes splitting.

Was just talking about this to this to a friend and he said his Wifes Diesel VW just had exactly the same thing.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
13-07-2016 05:42pm
nick1340

Nor me, what the hell is it with this gearbox ?

I have a 2012 prestige auto which seems to be in 'erratic kamikaze mode'.
I did 100s of miles last week without a problem then , driving through town today , it starts playing up.
Usually at lights as you come to a halt, it's like the EPB is being flicked on and off at the same time as it drops back down to first gear causing a jolt. So much so that passengers think the car behind has bumped into you.
Usually when this happens it will also do the same when you pull away i.e. akin to your foot slipping off a manual clutch pedal then dabbing the footbrake etc . to rectify it. Again , it's violent enough to cause the passenger to go forward in their seat and give you that 'have you passed your test' look which is really annoying on a 50k vehicle.
I had a 2009 XF which was absolutely seamless going up and down the box with never a problem.

Like you say it's definitely not a gearbox learning issue.
I am considering making a claim on my dealer warranty but no doubt the small print will probably void it.

The only other thought I have , is whether a TDI box or chipping the vehicle would have a positive effect on this issue ?
Has anyone else had this problem and managed to rectify it ?
13-07-2016 05:50pm