Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Price Breakdown
Urban Splash

RE: Price Breakdown

Jayzon, sounds like an awful experience you are having.....

Call the manager, or arrange a meeting with him face to face. Regardless of the crazy demand for the car, there is no way I would pay full price for an ex demo. They could at least get the actual price correct AND offer some freebies.

Like ytshome suggests, there are some dealers really taking a lend. Not very good.....

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
13-09-2011 09:41pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jayzon2186

(13-09-2011 09:41pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  Jayzon, sounds like an awful experience you are having.....

Call the manager, or arrange a meeting with him face to face. Regardless of the crazy demand for the car, there is no way I would pay full price for an ex demo. They could at least get the actual price correct AND offer some freebies.

Like ytshome suggests, there are some dealers really taking a lend. Not very good.....

Cheers Urban

Thing is it isn't really an ex demo, its just in the showroom with delivery miles, however it is being used to allow customers rummage in and out daily.

With this in mind you can understand my angst when I receive arrogant and rude conversation from the dealer.

[Image: evoque2.jpg]

SD4 - 5dr - Prestige - Sumutra Black - Style 6 Alloys
13-09-2011 10:11pm
Urban Splash

Apologies, I thought by 'test mule', that it was getting used as a demo on the road.

Aye, the car should deffo be locked to prevent any damage from people poking around. I remember at the launch evening last week, people were all ver the cars, yanking on trim etc.... You don't want those lovely seats to get worn!

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
13-09-2011 10:28pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Jayzon if you have paid any deposit on it then they should have it locked up, in effect it is a sold car.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-09-2011 10:48pm
GibEvoque

(13-09-2011 07:56pm)jayzon2186 Wrote:  Right guys, here goes...

Went up to the dealership to air the discrepancies on the bill sheet (wheels, mats, etc...)

The dealer straight away acknowledged the mistake with the wheels, a little to easily if you ask me! (almost like he knew that they were on there!)

However he then decided to tell me that the discrepancy was only a small amount in £ (£800 isnt small and thats not the principle) - FUMING ALREADY AT THIS POINT!

I then informed him that I would like the paint protection removed, which he agreed he could do.

I then mentioned the mats at an additional £91 before VAT, to which he immediately replied,

"you cant take them off, they're part of the car!"

I asked what he meant and he informed me that they are part of the car build. I said they are an OPTIONAL EXTRA to which he said they are part of the car and cannot be removed.

I asked the dealer if he knew that the Prestige models actually comes with mats as standard to which he told me these were luxury mats and much better than the standard. I was slightly concerned that he was giving me a load of BS at this point.

Im sure these mats are the standard ones. Do prestige models even offer a mat optional extra upgrade?

I then aired some concerns about the car being used in the showroom and still being unlocked for anyone to roam inside. He then proceeded to tell us:

"IM DOING YOU A FAVOUR HERE"

I nearly choked, I'm paying full price for a showroom car which is being used day in day out for the next 2 weeks as a test mule for potential customers. I at least expect the car to be locked as promised or at least moved out of the showroom. Please bare in mind, we are getting NO DISCOUNT on the car and it already has scuff marks on the sills and plastics due to people looking inside (Im sure they will clean up but that is not the issue).

I can appreciate that the demand is high for the Evoque and that I will be getting it before many others, however paying full price and being told "IM DOING YOU A FAVOUR" is beyond a kick in the knackers!

To say I am unhappy is an understatement and I am seriously considering canceling the sale.

Can anyone recommend what steps they would take from here?

I am considering calling the dealership manager tomorrow to air my issues with the dealer and the issues he failed to resolve.

Cheers

Cancel and find another dealer, may be a longer wait but you want an untouched car if your spending this kind of money.

Only accept if they chuck in a grand or so of stuff from accessories catalogue.
13-09-2011 11:03pm
jayzon2186

Thanks for this Tim

I am going to ring the dealership sales manager tomorrow morning and arrange to visit him throughout the day. have gone so far to actually print off the dealerships code of conduct policy.

If the issues aren't ironed out tomorrow I will cancel the order and happily wait till April to get what I want elsewhere.

Does anyone have anymore info on the mats in the Prestige, is there an extra option? The ones currently in the car which we are being FORCED to pay for are edged with a metal Evoque logo toward the edge.

Any ideas?

[Image: evoque2.jpg]

SD4 - 5dr - Prestige - Sumutra Black - Style 6 Alloys
13-09-2011 11:06pm
gomark

(13-09-2011 11:06pm)jayzon2186 Wrote:  Thanks for this Tim

I am going to ring the dealership sales manager tomorrow morning and arrange to visit him throughout the day. have gone so far to actually print off the dealerships code of conduct policy.

If the issues aren't ironed out tomorrow I will cancel the order and happily wait till April to get what I want elsewhere.

Does anyone have anymore info on the mats in the Prestige, is there an extra option? The ones currently in the car which we are being FORCED to pay for are edged with a metal Evoque logo toward the edge.

Any ideas?

As previously posted...
HI AGAIN, IN RELATION TO THE MATS, ASK HIM WHAT FEATURE CODE NUMBER THEY HAVE. THE PRESTIGE COMES WITH PREMIUM CARPET MATS WITH EDGEING (CODE 079CA) (079AJ ARE THE STANDARD ONES IN THE DYNAMIC)
THEY DON'T DO A BETTER ONE. IT SEEMS TO ME THAT SOME OF THE DEALERSHIPS ARE REALLY TRYING IT ON, MINE TRIED TO CHARGE ME AN EXTRA £1000.00
Picking up Prestige SD4 Auto in OG with Privacy, park and spare in Sept
Today 08:53pm

13-09-2011 11:10pm
defender_uk

Hi, Just be dead straight with them. They tried to charge me £1000.00 too much and because of the way the show you the invoice it isn't dead straight-forward. So much so that I emailed him back and forth for three days with them saying the price was right. Eventually, I realised that the pre vat price was infact for the coupe and not the 3 door.

Err...thought the three door was the coupe? what is the difference??

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
14-09-2011 08:10am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ytshome

Err...thought the three door was the coupe? what is the difference??
[/quote]

You're right....a typo, it should have said a 5 door and they tried to charge me for the coupe. Cheers YT

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
14-09-2011 09:33am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Something else to do is to put a posting in the section of the forums for what you think of dealers, then phone them and tell them that they are being slagged off on the internet for the less than satisfactory service they are giving. Bearing in mind that LR reads the forums, they will doubtless get a call from Customer Sevices asking for an explanation to. There has recently been a instance of this on the RRS forums where the DP was unaware of the poor service being meted out at one of the big name chains. It worked out very well for the client at the end of the day.

The other thing I would suggest is that you contact James Tayler or any of the team at Lookers Park Royal and see what help/advise they can give.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 14-09-2011 09:43am by XFullFatTim.)
14-09-2011 09:42am