Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Passenger Door Handle Cap...
BFGEvoqueMan

RE: Passenger Door Handle Cap...

(31-12-2013 06:58pm)LittleDex Wrote:  alas not... I was informed 'politely' that the item isn't under warranty unless I can prove it 'fell off'..... and that if someone had already had one replaced it was 'a gesture of goodwill'... no goodwill here then I replied..... cost me £15 and will have to get it painted....

Mine fell off my old Pure and was replaced free by the German dealerCool

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
05-01-2014 10:06am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stevemac1

Mine also went walkabout during the storms...positive it fell off as no surrounding damage to door or the bracket that holds it on. Drivers side will wobble a bit if you wiggle it. Dealer replacing for free.

Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe - Santorini black, 20" shadow cromes, privacy glass, pano roof. Cool complete with creaky tailgate and many rattles Mad
07-01-2014 11:19am
Tony

My door cap fell off first time I washed the car a few days after delivery in Jan 2012.

Put it back with some of those double sided sticky pads and still stuck fast two years later. These are usually 3M or Sellotape branded, I keep a pack in the glove box as they are useful for sticking behind wayward rattling trim panels.

If door cap has been removed it will never stay put again without assistance. Unfortunately it's just another piece of cheap plastic which is the Evoque.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
07-01-2014 12:35pm
Stevemac1

Cap duly replaced by dealer Smile Two weeks later it duly falls off again Sad

Superglued now.

Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe - Santorini black, 20" shadow cromes, privacy glass, pano roof. Cool complete with creaky tailgate and many rattles Mad
30-01-2014 11:58pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

So you have total faith that you won't get a flat battery and won't need the emergency key to get into the car then Steve?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-02-2014 02:55pm
Stevemac1

(02-02-2014 02:55pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  So you have total faith that you won't get a flat battery and won't need the emergency key to get into the car then Steve?

absolutely..total faith in my Evoque Shocked ..... (just a wee spot of glue on a single bit of the cap.. Wink )

05-02-2014 12:03pm