Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Paint Protection Systems?
Blackseries

RE: Paint Protection Systems?

(31-03-2011 03:20pm)Fox Wrote:  Would you mind me asking how much that costs?

About £35 per visit - I pay half yearly. For 3 cars its pretty good - and he does a great job.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
31-03-2011 03:49pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jayzon2186

XFFT, Fox..

I think the thing to bare in mind is not that it will get dirty after a couple of days but that you are preserving the finish of the car. We have opted for the paint protection treatment but in all honesty I think we will cancel. Products like supaguard and autoglym lifeshine are pretty poor if Im being honest. Mainly because the valet who is applying them isn't interested in doing a great job. The G Techniq product you mentioned XFFT is an amazing product and lasts for around 2 years. Very hard to apply though and must be done professionally. Once applied however, it will preserve the paints finish and make it much easier for future wash.
13-09-2011 09:35am
Ezandania

Is 'glasscoating' similar to these protection systems you guys are talking about?

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
13-09-2011 09:51am
mark_n

I had the Autoglym thing done on a car for about £300 and it was a waste of money. The materials were fine, I got a bag of Autoglym products but the core reason to do it was to get a superior and longer lasting paint finish. In reality the car was rather dull, down to the couldn't-care-less attitude of the person doing the work, as jayzon says. I re-did it with standard Autoglym and it looked fine, though I'm not in the least bit obsessive about my cars. I like them to look clean and streak free but don't go for the last word in mirrored reflections.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
13-09-2011 09:56am
jayzon2186

(13-09-2011 09:56am)mark_n Wrote:  I had the Autoglym thing done on a car for about £300 and it was a waste of money. The materials were fine, I got a bag of Autoglym products but the core reason to do it was to get a superior and longer lasting paint finish. In reality the car was rather dull, down to the couldn't-care-less attitude of the person doing the work, as jayzon says. I re-did it with standard Autoglym and it looked fine, though I'm not in the least bit obsessive about my cars. I like them to look clean and streak free but don't go for the last word in mirrored reflections.

This always seems to be the case my friend!

The system would probably work quite well if it was done in the correct way, however the majority of dealer valets couldn't give two swipes!

Like you say, much better to opt out and do it yourself. I myself will be using this product...

http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars/ext...stal-auto/

Simply spray on and wipe off after each wash leaving great protection and shine.
13-09-2011 09:59am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I received a briefcase full of after care products from Gard-X.................... must get the instruction out and read them. Don't want to wash the car with Fairy Liquid like my next-door neighbour does and find I have invalidated my cover! I have a huge selection of car care products sitting rotting at the back of the garage but have generally resorted to Zip Wax for washing my cars when i do hand wash them. Should be easier to wash the Evoque, at least I won't need the aluminium steps any longer for doing the roof!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-09-2011 10:04am
KaDargo

I shall be doing mine myself as I always have done

1 - polish (shouldnt need it it start)

2 - sealant (autoglym EGP)

3 - couple of coats of Collinite 915 (lasts for the whole year), and the tin will last for about 10 years !!

Toatl cost + applicators and cloths about £70

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
13-09-2011 11:15am
J77

I have it in my deal but may ask for it to be taken out as I wash my car regular so no problem with dirt or paint fading. I prefer maguires products, I use gold class shampoo, gold class carnuba wax ( good stuff ).leaves a nice wet look gloss finish.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 13-09-2011 11:32am by J77.)
13-09-2011 11:32am
gead

I have steered clear of the dealer supplied paint protection on my last couple of cars and instead take it to a professional detailer straight after delivery, and then once year there after. As a couple of posters have said, I think someone who details cars for a living, is probably better equipped to properly attend to your new car than the dealers contractor.

For guys in Melbourne, I go here...

http://www.finalinspection.com.au/

White 5 dr SD4 Dynamic.
13-09-2011 11:48am
mark_n

Bit far for me to drive to Melbourne...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
13-09-2011 02:03pm