Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Order Changed - no longer the Girl from Ipanema!
Jeroma

RE: Order Changed - no longer the Girl from Ipanema!

(01-12-2013 09:06pm)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  Tim,

I was promised a before Xmas date but then I spotted on the build sheet that it didn't have a heated front windscreen, they'd added the solar glass thing instead, so I told them I didn't want it!
Build date now 12 Jan!

How do they do it...Confused
It seems that communicating with JLR is a lost exercise. Some weeks ago I sent a mail to Peter from LR to have information on the built date of my car, order mid-september. Peter was so kind to forward the mail to the Global Department, ... what I hope... as my dealer is located outside UK.

Never received an answer from them... first negative experience with LR Crying and a long way to go

Evoque MY2014 ED4 Pure Tech in Aintree Green - Almond/Expresso, priv. glass, rear camera etc...
other cars in house: Renault Megane CC
1960 Triumph TR3A in BRG - on Webers
1970 Triumph TR6PI in jasmine on EFI
02-12-2013 04:36pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Donny, no the instruments are exactly what you know and love! The only difference is the Land Rover script in the TFT small screen that used to show "Range Rover" In addition to what you are used to from the satnav and trip computer I will see roadsigns and in theory (although after what I read in today's UK paper about going to EU standard road signs I wonder if it will work!) I should be able to see road signs and speed limit signs will trigger a warning if you exceed the indicated speed. It would have been nice to have had the Jaguar TFT screen (even the L405FFRR doesn't get it) which can be re-configured by the driver into different styles of dials from full on digital through to vintage style Jaeger "analogue" dials and a few options in between!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-12-2013 05:19pm
Donny Dog

(02-12-2013 05:19pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Donny, no the instruments are exactly what you know and love! The only difference is the Land Rover script in the TFT small screen that used to show "Range Rover" In addition to what you are used to from the satnav and trip computer I will see roadsigns and in theory (although after what I read in today's UK paper about going to EU standard road signs I wonder if it will work!) I should be able to see road signs and speed limit signs will trigger a warning if you exceed the indicated speed. It would have been nice to have had the Jaguar TFT screen (even the L405FFRR doesn't get it) which can be re-configured by the driver into different styles of dials from full on digital through to vintage style Jaeger "analogue" dials and a few options in between!

Thanks. That's disappointing! Maybe 2005......?Confused
02-12-2013 06:36pm
XFullFatTim

2005? Maybe 3005! doubt it will be there for 2015, Evoque's next major overhaul is supposed to be 2016MY

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-12-2013 08:19pm
Stadt Panzer

Order Changed - no longer the Girl from Ipanema!

(02-12-2013 04:36pm)Jeroma Wrote:  How do they do it...Confused
It seems that communicating with JLR is a lost exercise. Some weeks ago I sent a mail to Peter from LR to have information on the built date of my car, order mid-september. Peter was so kind to forward the mail to the Global Department, ... what I hope... as my dealer is located outside UK.

Where is your dealer located?

I cannot say it's always like this with LR and sometimes they have left me shaking my head in disbelieve.

But and it's a big but most dealers/suppliers are not much better. A friend of mine hit a wild deer 2 months ago in his brand new BMW, he is still waiting to get it back from the stealers! They cannot get a replacement headlight!!!

They told him yesterday that it won't be ready now until after Xmas!!!

Oh and he's not happy Wink

Somewhere in the North Sea.
02-12-2013 08:51pm
Donny Dog

(02-12-2013 08:19pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  2005? Maybe 3005! doubt it will be there for 2015, Evoque's next major overhaul is supposed to be 2016MY

Yes, sorry, I did mean 2015! Embarrassed
02-12-2013 10:11pm
CRC@LandRover

(02-12-2013 04:36pm)Jeroma Wrote:  How do they do it...Confused

Never received an answer from them... first negative experience with LR Crying and a long way to go

Hi Jeroma,

I am really sorry to hear that you have not received further contact. I have raised the concern again with the Benelux CRC and you should receive contact shortly.

Many thanks,
Pete

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
03-12-2013 10:45am
Jeroma

(03-12-2013 10:45am)Pete@LandRover Wrote:  Hi Jeroma,

I am really sorry to hear that you have not received further contact. I have raised the concern again with the Benelux CRC and you should receive contact shortly.

Many thanks,
Pete
Hello Peter,

Sorry and thank you for the quick response.
I should have waited a further day to post as the local JLR dealers rang me this morning, 1 hour ago, that the car has just been delivered. So I might have a look at it this afternoonSmile
They expected it only mid-december.

Anyhow thank you very much for your kind inputWink

Evoque MY2014 ED4 Pure Tech in Aintree Green - Almond/Expresso, priv. glass, rear camera etc...
other cars in house: Renault Megane CC
1960 Triumph TR3A in BRG - on Webers
1970 Triumph TR6PI in jasmine on EFI
03-12-2013 11:48am
Evo-king

Tim, I think you have made a very good choice in going for Zanzibar & Black Contrast.

Do you have an idea what wheels will be fitted?

MY14 has brought out a few more subtle changes, including wheels as many new owners have commented on.

Configurator doesn't help seeing all the new combinations.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
15-12-2013 10:38am
XFullFatTim

Evo, black pack includes black gloss Style 9 alloys - I quite like the new Style 14 cross spoke 20" alloys too, but think style 6's are the wheel for Evoques as that was what was on the LRX.
Style 9 is the slow selling style 8 painted black I suspect! I already have 2 style 8 as spares, brought them by mistake thinking they were style 6's so if I scuff a black pack alloy I just have to get the paint brush out and paint a style 8!

(This post was last modified: 15-12-2013 05:28pm by XFullFatTim.)
15-12-2013 05:23pm