Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Order Changed - no longer the Girl from Ipanema!
MarkA_

Order Changed - no longer the Girl from Ipanema!

That tan interior certainly makes a statement Smile

Now: MY14 Dynamic Mauritius Blue/Contrast Pano, IP, BP, PIP, Powered Tailgate, IncontrolR+S, etc.
History: '08 BMW 123d MSport Coupe, '01 Mini Cooper, '91 BMW 316i, '96 Mitsubishi FTO, '96 Mazda 323, '88 Holden Camira
(This post was last modified: 26-03-2014 11:12am by MarkA_.)
26-03-2014 11:11am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
m_101

RE: Order Changed - no longer the Girl from Ipanema!

Yep certainly an interesting combo with that orange centre console protector! I like them but still think I would go for the black as easier to keep clean and I'm lazy like that!

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
26-03-2014 05:37pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I originally went for Black, but as I made a huge issue out of no tan availablity for Dynamic when Evoque was launched that I felt I had better go with it when I changed to the Zanzibar exterior in January. It also makes the car somewhat less appealing to scum to steal - the colour scheme isn't to everybody's taste, I prefer more subdued colours but I was advised on security grounds not to replace my last one with another White, Red, or black one as when they do get stolen they blend in too much and nobody notices them.............. that was the local crime prevention officer who attended after the last break-in at my house to try and take the keys. I doubt they will be able to get rid of this one easily and I fully expect to suffer at trade-in time - it's the equivalent of having the Colima Lime with Savannah seats and the Cherry dash topper with the flowery dash trim................

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
26-03-2014 06:15pm
Evo-king

Tim, you like it that's what matters.

it's very colour co-ordinated.

Your thought process is interesting, I had never considered speccing up a car that was a less attractive theft proposition.

But a least you are In control.

On a serious note, are these seats less prone to the seat bulge which occur on the other design?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
(This post was last modified: 26-03-2014 09:40pm by Evo-king.)
26-03-2014 09:38pm
m_101

Evo-King if you mean the wear on the seat bases, nope, mine are wearing quite a bit!

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
26-03-2014 11:19pm
XFullFatTim

In 23000 miles of carting a portly me around the Plus seats on my White Evoque did suffer a little bit of stretch to the seat squab, but nothing more than I would expect from having my ample frame sat on them.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
26-03-2014 11:28pm
Evo-king

No I wasn't referring to leather wear, but the problem where the leather on the seat base appeared to have stretched and looked like a big bubble, coming away from the seat foam.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
27-03-2014 12:01am
XFullFatTim

Firstly big thanks to Jonathan, Jeremy, Matt and James for the superb handover on what has been a very busy day for them. Thanks to the guys in the background at HGG who we customers don't get to meet but have done a really good job of PDI'ing it and prepping it for handover - I just hope it doesn't rain on my trip north tomorrow and spoil all the valeters hard work. Thanks also to Pete@ Land Rover Customer Services for putting up with Mr Angry, Mr Depressed and Mr Just In A Foul Mood and the various PM's he's received and all the help and calming he has given. It has been worth the wait................ even though my InControl doesn't want to talk even to the boffins at LR who took time out this morning to try and contact the car to see what was wrong - there is a software glitch and they will be looking after it first thing on Monday - at the moment I have no InControl at all, Marks did respond to the interrogations LR sent it so hopefully his system is up and running OK now he's home as the boffins were going to download a software patch to his while he was driving it!.

It's now been delivered and is fantastic, so different from my last one, and so eyecatching that 3 Evoque owners stopped in traffic on the North Circular with me wound down their windows to ask if the colour was a wrap or painted! It is VERY eyecatching! Especially in todays fantastic sunshine down here in London. General consenus is that the exterior works really well with the Tan interior too, good job though that I changed from the recommended Ivory headlining to the black, I don't think it would have worked, also there is less black in the rear of the 3 seat bench than had I gone for the two seater version which has a massive black plastic area between the two seats. Slight disappointment though...................... While I was down in Islington this afternoon I saw another one Sad( but it didn't have the black pack on it Smile)

The car was delivered with 17 miles on the odo, it now has 34! On the trip round the North Circular from Barnet to Hanger Lane in quite heavy saturday lunchtime traffic the auto-trip mpg was showing 42mpg by the time I arrived. Now that was my normal "best" motorway cruise figure in the last car so looking good for a frugal cruise north tomorrow - especially with the wind behind us for the trip! The black roof rails also integrate far better with the contrast roof than they did on my last one (they looked good on that, they look better on this one)

I hope that MarkA_ had a safe and uneventful trip home with his Si4 Premium Pack car - the airconned seats must have been very handy this afteroon!

[Image: F1BABC26-BBE1-4B67-9B93-7FDDE5F2856F_zpsnjfqksdk.jpg]

[Image: C1581B3C-F4A6-4EDB-B9D7-082BA3071A70_zpsrctoycxv.jpg]

And I found some stowaways on the rear seat too!
[Image: B8532148-418E-40FA-B441-AC21138BE118_zpsft9apdkv.jpg]

The lift around to Barnet in an F Type Jag Coupe was quite amazing too - an even more eyecatching car than a Zanzibar Evoque as there very very few on the roads. Lovely car but at 14mpg around the North Circular and lots of V8 Supercharged horse trying to escape through the rear wheels it isn't the car for me, my last power RWD car was a 1985 TVR 450 SEAC and after only one trip out on a damp road I whimped out and went by bus if the weather looked like there might even be spots of rain!

(This post was last modified: 29-03-2014 06:43pm by XFullFatTim.)
29-03-2014 06:28pm
HeartbreakRidge

Congrats! Over in my neck of the woods I have only seen two Evoques, an Orkney Gray Coupe in October, and yesterday a Fuji White 4DR on the way into work. Amazingly enough, on the way home to pick mine up the Coupe pulled in behind me for a while! So, I'm still happy that mine will be fairly unique Smile

Enjoy your blacked Zanzibar!

MY2014 Pure Plus, Firenze Red, Lunar/Cirrus interior, Climate Care & Vision Assist packages
Built: March 10, 2014 / Delivery Date (three weeks early!): March 26, 2014
29-03-2014 06:45pm
XFullFatTim

HBR, this morning waiting for my lift beside one of London's major road intersections I counted I think 13 or 15 Evoques - mostly Fuji White - in 30 minutes. They really are that popular over here

(This post was last modified: 29-03-2014 07:24pm by XFullFatTim.)
29-03-2014 07:23pm