Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
OMG!!!
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: OMG!!!

Ironsfan, in your signature you state your car has the pano roof............................... check very very carefully that in addition to bodywork damage there are no chips or scratches to the roof glass. It isn't unknown in these forums for a member to suffer a shattered pano roof after delivery due to dropping tools or tools slipping on the pano roof glass while dealers were fitting the roof rails. You need to get the dealership to acknowledge that they will have a replacement available in stock should the worst happen as one of your conditions of restorative justice.
It amazes me that with the cost of an Evoque dealerships don't seem to take more care to protect the roof when doing this job, afterall they go to extreme lengths to keep the interior clean at PDI, why not cover the roof with a giant quilted sheet or a huge sheet of thick bubble pack while they work on roof accessories?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 24-05-2012 01:29pm by XFullFatTim.)
24-05-2012 01:28pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mudi1

You are covered under warranty anyway, which in the car buying world is for future damage/unfossen or unknown at the time of purchase.

LR have it on record. Hope you get it sorted soon. At least you have an RRE to play with now, albeit not yours.
24-05-2012 11:48pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lngrn36

Can you reject the car and use this one until the replacement car arrives?

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
25-05-2012 02:59am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply