Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Disco Sport
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: New Disco Sport

Saw a really eye watering coloured Discovery Sport this afternoon - Phoenix Orange with black contrast roof.................. Bright for sure, looks good though but I doubt many will opt for it

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
20-03-2015 04:28pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stadt Panzer

New Disco Sport

A buddy of mine has ordered one just like that!
Not sure when it's coming but I'm sure he'll let me know[emoji6]

Somewhere in the North Sea.
20-03-2015 06:21pm
J77

I had spec'ed that colour for about 5 minutes, until I realiesd it came with black roof as standard and a price tag of £1700.

I should've been picking mine up today but it's been held up at quality control, and was still at halewood on Monday, instead of being at the dealers. It was called over for a second time on Monday but I haven't had the call to say it's arrived at the dealers yet.

To top it all, if it did manage to get out the factory and its in the VIN range for the latest recall for the electric 2nd row fold flat switches in the boot, then it will be held at the dealers in quarantine until LR can find a fix, which at the moment doesn't look like anytime soon. EvilEvil

Built 27/02/15
Collection 20/03/15 - FAILED
New collection 27/03/15

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 20-03-2015 06:38pm by J77.)
20-03-2015 06:36pm
MrNoo

(11-03-2015 07:09pm)J77 Wrote:  It beat the X3 in Auto Express, much the same comments.

How do they know it's going to make the car better? This engine was fine until the journalists got a whiff of the Ingenium engines, now the PSA engine is the devils creation.

I guess because they've driven the Jaguar XE which has this engine in it they and liked it. The XE has beaten the BMW 3 series (which was previously regarded as the class benchmark) so the Ingenium engine must be good.

Arrived - SD4 Prestige, 5 door, manual in Orkney Grey with Element interior. Style 4 wheels, spare wheel & auto-dimming rear view mirror.
Joining MX-5 2.0i convertible.
20-03-2015 08:26pm
Evo-king

(20-03-2015 04:28pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Saw a really eye watering coloured Discovery Sport this afternoon - Phoenix Orange with black contrast roof.................. Bright for sure, looks good though but I doubt many will opt for it

Tim.

On our factory tour recently this was one of the more popular colour options with black pack on the Disco Sport.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
20-03-2015 11:41pm
Briany22

Was in the stealers yesterday and they had a new DS prepped and ready for hand over. It was an all black model and tbh I don't think I have ever seen such an unassuming new car def did nothing for me. I mentioned this to the salesman and he more or less agreed that the black did nothing for the model however he then went on to say that they were only too pleased to be able to supply the car as a lot of the new DS models had been put into quarantine due to rear seat problems causing Heath and Safety issues. So much for March delivery dates!

I then went to look at my new Evoque that had just arrived and ended up blowing my top the car has arrived minus added powerfold mirrors what a nightmare this whole deal has been. The salesman denies that I had requested powefold mirrors even though he knew that I had insisted that I had to be able to get the car into the garage and a few years ago the salesman and I had actually tried to put a demonstrator Freelander 2 into my garage. When I got home I was amazed by the reaction from SWMBO she was adamant that I had stated several times that powerfold was essential, normally I would have expected her to be apathetic as she is not a car person and has to be dragged screaming to showrooms and I expected her to say it was my fault but she was really annoyed and recalled that I had stated on more than one occasion that powerfold was a priority. The salesman pointed out out that as I had signed the order form which had not included powefold then they had done nothing wrong however my response is that I was unable to check the order form as the carbonated copy is unreadable due to to illegible writing.
I am due to meet the Sales Manager this morning to go over the options TBH I do not know what to do next, part of me wants to fight for my money back as they say that they have done nothing wrong so will not refund the deposit however the Sales Manager is talking of "sweetening the deal " so perhaps I might accept that and live with having to manually fold my mirrors every day.
A recent advert on the box says buying a car is one of the most important decisions you will make in life I didn't realise that it was also the most stressful as well, sorry to go on and on about this but at the moment I need to get rid of some hot air before I recommence hostilities at the stealers later this am. I originally wanted to report about the problems with the DS but that just brought all my problems back and I felt I had to share them in an attempt to calm down somewhat.

2015 kaikoura stone pure Evoque auto black roof privacy fogs mud flaps mats powerfold and auto lights and wipers

Gone to new home 2012 FRL 2 SD4 GS auto with seat surgeon full leather
21-03-2015 07:42am
speedbird

Would it not be on your invoice or order sheet! ??
21-03-2015 09:36am
Briany22

As I said above the salesman had not put it on the order sheet and I did not check properly obviously a lesson learned for the future but perhaps not at this dealership

2015 kaikoura stone pure Evoque auto black roof privacy fogs mud flaps mats powerfold and auto lights and wipers

Gone to new home 2012 FRL 2 SD4 GS auto with seat surgeon full leather
21-03-2015 09:39am
speedbird

Good luck. Hope you get it resolved. It must be frustrating.
21-03-2015 09:53am
Tony

Briany 22

Did the dealer not give you a printed 'New Vehicle Order' form generated from the dealerships ordering system, I think they should have, we have had same with our last three LR new purchases. A carbon copy is a bit Arthur Daley bomb site used car dealer.

I would reject the car, sweeteners are OK but if its not what you ordered or meets your needs you will be unhappy with it.

If you need to boot the complaint to the top in JLR then pm me, I have Dr S's contact details.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
(This post was last modified: 21-03-2015 10:36am by Tony.)
21-03-2015 10:35am