Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Disco Sport
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: New Disco Sport

I saw a Fuji white with black contrast roof today.......................... best avoided I think. Have now seen Scotia Grey, and Kaikura Stone and they both look very sophisticated but White with a black contrast roof doesn't seem to work on DS

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
10-03-2015 10:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

Most of the ones I saw in the factory the week before last all looked quite good, I just wouldn't go for one myself.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
10-03-2015 11:03pm
Kojak

To date I have seen Red (Firenze maybe?)
White and Black
Scotia Grey with Black pack
Corris Grey with Black Pack.

The later two were the best.

OUT - Pure SD4, Orkney Grey, 5 dr, Manual, Fogs, Xenons, Auto dim mirror, Auto lights / wipers, Power fold mirrors, spare wheel.
IN - Dynamic SD4, Indus Silver, 5 dr, Auto, Heated Steering Wheel, Auto Dim mirror, Spare wheel.
11-03-2015 09:26am
J77

A lot of people are comparing it to the Evoque, then are dissapointed with what they see. The Evoque is a Range Rover (I use that term loosely) it's supposed to have the glitz and glamour. The DS in LRs words is "premium but not precious" has a more basic uncluttered look and supposed to be a bit more harder wearing.

I like the Exterior styling of the DS, compared to the horrid Kahn look a like 16MY Evoque, but the DS is horrid in white with black pack saw it at the Gleneagles preview event, it was the only one I could get a look at because no was interested in it.

My one is built but lying around halewood, it should've been here, it now won't arrive until mid next week with the very slim possibility of picking it up on the Friday.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
11-03-2015 12:57pm
browny287

I saw two last weekend near Chichester first one in Firenze red with black roof and black pack and looked great, second one was orange with the same black pack and roof and it looked awful.
11-03-2015 01:23pm
Tony

We have only seen one so far when we visited the dealer for a software update a couple of weeks back. It was in some sort of grey, tucked away in the far corner of the show room like they were embarased of it. From the front its very similar to the Evoque but from the sides and back its could be mistaken for any Far Eastern produced people carrier. The model was an HSE LUX, inside it was not bad at all, not as plush as an Evoque but not as bad as people have been saying. Having said that I did not have enough leg room, seems very cramped in the front compared with the Evoque, no doubt to get lots of 'people space' in the second and third row. I could not walk under the tail gate and so much boot space is wasted by the third row of seats. Overall not bad effort and will no doubt sell well but the lack of front seat space and the additional 5 seats we would have to pay for and never use it was not for us. Nearly forgot to mention, the price was £46k + for that you can get an Evoque Dynamic and a lot of extras or a used F Type!!.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
11-03-2015 01:49pm
J77

I didn't find the front seat space to be any worse than that of the Evoque. The extra space in the rear is provided by the the slide/recline seating.

11-03-2015 02:19pm
Tony

(11-03-2015 02:19pm)J77 Wrote:  I didn't find the front seat space to be any worse than that of the Evoque. The extra space in the rear is provided by the the slide/recline seating.

I am 6' 1" and in the Evoque I have the seat as far back as it will go and on its highest setting. Setting the DS drivers seat to this I did not have as much leg room and my knees were too near the steering wheel. We are all proportioned differently and have our own preferences for driving positions and the DS just does not work for me. The DS driving position is imaterial as we are now looking at a totally different type of car, its just finding the right spec at a sensible cost to change.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
11-03-2015 03:18pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It gets a road test in this week's Autocar - it wins hands down BUT ............. the parting comment is "don't buy one until the new engines come on line as they will make the car what it should be" or words to that effect!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
11-03-2015 05:18pm
J77

It beat the X3 in Auto Express, much the same comments.

How do they know it's going to make the car better? This engine was fine until the journalists got a whiff of the Ingenium engines, now the PSA engine is the devils creation.

11-03-2015 07:09pm