Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Negative Consumer Reports Review
olde

RE: Negative Consumer Reports Review

Idea
Dear Future Evoque Buyers,

We Evoque owners have a long list of things we want Land Rover to improve in our Evoques, and parts of The List make Land Rover look a wee bit bonkers.

However, every contributor to The List provided suggestions hoping to improve a vehicle they feel is already excellent, best-in-class and/or a wonderful ownership experience.

The ONLY un-spun insights you can get when buying a new car, come from those who are not trying to SELL you anything. Magazines have to SELL subscriptions using loud and noticeable reviews, especially if they are late to review (Consumer Reports). New Car Dealers are expected to be biased, so even your friendly Land Rover dealer will not sway new-buy decisions as much as social media and forums like these.

So, read up on the tone of this forum, it is stacked full of positive energy. We all feel good in our Evoques. We know the imperfections really suck, but while we openly discuss them, we still help Future Buyers to stay patient while they languish, Evoque-less, on a truly miserable waiting list.

Good luck interpreting all those online reviews, but please read more of our posts so you can keep the faith!

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2012 04:53am by olde.)
01-02-2012 04:43am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Deekster

Could this report reflect that the majority of SUV's sold in North America, including BMW & Mercedes are built in North America, whereas the opposition (Range Rover Evoque) is built in the UK?

Maybe a bit of protectionism in the report!
01-02-2012 12:32pm
WorldTraveler

Hmmmm CR are not new to this tactic .... this smacks of "protection of the US Automakers", slag off any foreign manufacturer, they did it with Toyota and Nissan a few years ago too ....

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
01-02-2012 04:08pm
puchanix

Thought I would let you guys know that I went forward and picked up my Evoque yesterday Smile. White Dynamic with Black top and Red interior...
13-02-2012 02:08pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Not just CR who are not as enthusiastic as the rest of us. What Car? magazine in the UK are not fans either, giving the car mediocre reviews rather than over the top rave reviews like some of the magazines. Unfortunately for LR, in the UK What Car? magazine is possibly the most influential magazine for those looking for new cars and some people buy their cars based on the reviews from What Car? rather than going and trying the cars for themselves.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-02-2012 02:22pm
Big G

(13-02-2012 02:08pm)puchanix Wrote:  Thought I would let you guys know that I went forward and picked up my Evoque yesterday Smile. White Dynamic with Black top and Red interior...

That sounds great !! - any pics, and your thoughts appreciated.
(13-02-2012 02:22pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Not just CR who are not as enthusiastic as the rest of us. What Car? magazine in the UK are not fans either, giving the car mediocre reviews rather than over the top rave reviews like some of the magazines. Unfortunately for LR, in the UK What Car? magazine is possibly the most influential magazine for those looking for new cars and some people buy their cars based on the reviews from What Car? rather than going and trying the cars for themselves.
http://www.whatcar.com/car-reviews/land-...ry/25963-3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
(This post was last modified: 13-02-2012 02:27pm by Big G.)
13-02-2012 02:25pm