Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My new Evoque
Token

RE: My new Evoque

Day three and still smiling!

Still in love with the Evoque and although I'm mentioning some negatives as I go, this is just to give a balance...all of the negatives so far are minor irritations, whereas the positives and major joys!

1. My tailgate doesn't close using the remote...not sure if this is a fault but I suspect it isn't, in which case it's a small disappointment as not sure why you can open using the fob but not close using the fob

2. The Hazard warning light switch is not in the most logical position...you have to take your eyes off the road to press it, this is not great design given that Hazards are normally used when things are going on that require your attention (i.e. today I wanted to put them on to warn people behind that traffic ahead had come to a sudden stop, so I was in the process of braking heavily but couldn't locate the Hazard warning button)

3. I tried driving with the blind across the glass roof today, and it was fine. So whilst I would recommend the glass roof and I love it,for anyone with financial constraints, don't be put off the Evoque if you can't justify the cost of the glass roof

4. Seen some complaints from others about the force required to turn on high beam or to activate the horn...on my car this is not a problem so not sure whether others are just weak (sorry Tim!!) or whether they have put it right

5. I have had lots of comments on the colour...I guess we should feel a little silly now given how much we talked about Orkney Grey!! Still, it kept us occupied!!

Will try to be more observant and provide better feedback tomorrow...poor effort from myself today!!

For those requesting interior pictures, I will do this at the weekend...it works perfectly and so well that my local dealer is odering the same spec as my car for their next demo

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
10-11-2011 10:21pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hondafreak

My new Evoque

Hi token, is this color Stornoway grey?

Never had one issue yet...very reliable car!

Fuji White, 5dr Prestige SD4 - Auto, Shadow Chrome 20" Style 7 Wheels, Winter Pack, Ambiance-Oxford
leather interior (ivory-espresso color),Rear Camera Parking Aid, Power Tailgate
10-11-2011 10:23pm
PAT

My new Evoque

The distance to reach the high beam was something I noticed when I test drove the Si4 a few weeks ago but I suspect it depends what your used to.

Jeremy Clarkson also made a comment on it in his recent review in the Sunday Times but it's good to hear what your not so enamoured with as much as what you are.

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
10-11-2011 11:22pm
LP

My new Evoque

Don't the hazards come on automatically under heavy braking? I know it isn't a substitute for coming to a sensible stop and turning on hazards yourself...but useful if you are genuinely preoccupied with braking.
10-11-2011 11:58pm
DDX

My new Evoque

Regarding the tailgate, I suspect it's not a fault but a 'safety' feature. The purpose is to make sure you can see nothing/no one is in the way whilst you're closing it by pressing the button on the tailgate itself.

In my Fiat I had to brake heavily today from speed due to sudden traffic and was surprised to see my hazards flash at double speed. Again, I assume this feature is present in the Evoque.

Lastly, I'm so frickin jealous. Cant wait any more!!

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
11-11-2011 01:04am
mark_n

Never heard of the hazards coming on under heavy braking. Still, with a Fiat, it's always possible they got the wires crossed when they made it. No mention of it in the Evoque manual.

I agree about the remote for the tailgate, wouldn't want to get your pet dog squashed and then fit only for the local Chinese all-you-can-eat buffet.

So Token, after all the comments about the colour, are you still going to have it wrapped?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
11-11-2011 06:56am
DDX

My new Evoque

Hahahaha

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
11-11-2011 07:15am
Token

HondaFreak: Colour is Orkney Grey

Will try an emergency stop later to see if the Hazards come on automatically or not...always good to understand a new cars behaviour in an Emergecy before being in an emergency. Will let you know the results.

The tailgate comments make sense, although its a shame.

Mark: Not sure about the wrap at the moment, I'd still like it wrapped as I personally live the Matte effect...however, I am self employed and am not sure it would fit my 'professional image'...will decide over next few weeks.

I know some people hate the idea, but before anyone makes a judgement, find a BMW dealer and go and have a look at a Frozen Grey M3...it might surprise you...it certainly did me!

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
11-11-2011 11:52am
pureevoque

Automatic Hazards or flashing brake lights?

Mercs do this often when braking hard the brake lights pulse, you do wonder what the hell is going on the first time you see it happen.

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
11-11-2011 06:57pm
Blackseries

(11-11-2011 11:52am)Token Wrote:  Will try an emergency stop later to see if the Hazards come on automatically or not...

....... when you brake suddenly in your RRE the rear lights pulsate very fast..... sort of a bit like hazards. Its very effective and everybody behind you will know knows what’s going on.

I must say it looks pretty spectacular too.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
11-11-2011 07:05pm