Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My new Evoque
benzina

RE: My new Evoque

Looks superb Token....Enjoy!

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
09-11-2011 01:32pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JiiPee

Excellent, enjoy! That "some kind of gray" looks good!

Enjoying enormously: Pure Td4 Automatic, Firenze Red, almond/espresso interior, panorama roof with rails, Pure tech pack, clearview pack & cold weather pack, parking radars front and back + camera.
09-11-2011 02:46pm
cobkelly

Congrats Token - enjoy! Very Happy
09-11-2011 05:00pm
Token

So...day 2 update...

Drove about 100 miles in the Evoque today and thoroughly enjoyed every 1 of them...highlights (and some lowlights) below...

1. I was stunned by the Adaptive Xenons when entering my drive today, lit it up round the corner the second I turned the steering wheel a tiny amount, it was brilliant...I'd forgotten just how useful this function is and it works even better than on the previous car I had it on

2. I have changed my mind on the Sat Nav and I now actually rather like it, was very impressed with some of the functionality...it's not best of breed, but it ain't bad

3. The TV works really well, as does the dual screen...but very impressed with the quality of the reception on the Digital TV, much better than my old FFRR

4. The front seats on the Coupe move plenty quickly enough and just as quickly as my A5...not sure what all the fuss is about

5. Not impressed with the plastic catches on the back of the coupe seats to tilt the seat forward, similar to the glove box. Not a major issue, but a niggle

6. I like the CO2 monitor, but don't like the fact that it is only available on Cruise Control (which I don't use)

7. I'm having problems getting the screen to show the list of music on my iphone...suspect that it is user error!

8. Really impressed with the blind spot monitoring system on the mirrors...works really well

9. Very impressed that the Sat Nav voice cuts out when there is a phone call...this hasn't happened on previous cars and has been very annoying!

10. The ambient lighting is a little bit pointless...not an issue I guess, but it wouldn't have taken much to make it a little bit special

11. The auto gearbox is nowhere near as smooth as the Audi...but it is the same as other RR's so I'm not complaining...I think it just goes to show how well Audi do Auto.

Hope this is interesting and useful in some way.

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
09-11-2011 11:13pm
Evo-king

(09-11-2011 11:13pm)Token Wrote:  So...day 2 update..

The auto gearbox is nowhere near as smooth as the Audi...but it is the same as other RR's so I'm not complaining...I think it just goes to show how well Audi do Auto.

Did you have the DSG/S-Tronic auto box? Because if you did that gearbox really takes some beating, I've owned 3 three cars with it in the last 6 years and loved them.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
09-11-2011 11:24pm
Daigriff

Thanks Token for the update. I am glad you are enjoying your Evoque. It just makes me want mine now even more. Heho only 36 days till I get mine...he hopes.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
09-11-2011 11:26pm
PhilSkill

Well done Token, looks great! i'd also noticed at the live event the coupe seat handles felt a bit plasticy, havent yet noticed the glove box though.

Best bit of today is... Mines in build!!!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
09-11-2011 11:58pm
PAT

My new Evoque

Really enjoying reading your updates as it gives a great insight on the early days of ownership so please keep them coming.

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
10-11-2011 01:06am
memota

Any chance of interior pics please Token?
10-11-2011 04:25am
item

congratulation Token Wink
i love read your review.

Regards

TD4 Auto Dynamics Fuji White. (May 2012) -> 07/2012
10-11-2011 01:14pm