Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My new Evoque
Token

RE: My new Evoque

Ok...so day four...

1. Used the DVD player today (normal DVD) on dual view and with the headphones...my son loved it! My daughter was equally impressed that she was easily able to listen to her music from her iPod through the stereo whilst my son watched the movie in the front. I meanwhile was following SatNav! Brilliant system!

2. Trip computer is showing that I averaged 34mpg today...fairly normal driving so hoping that the engine will become more economical once it has been run in fully

3. Tried an emergency stop today (in a non-emergency sitation)...the car was really stable, no skidding, and pretty impressive stopping distance/time from 50mph

4. Masses of room in the back for the kids...was surprised just how big it is in the back

5. Not having the usual Range Rover fold down armrests is irritating me a little...I'm happy to live without them but it is such a stupid own-goal!

Not much other insight I'm afraid...here are some interior pictures to make up for it.

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
11-11-2011 09:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vcruiser

Looks great!
I thought the back seats on the 3 door dynamic had no middle seat and just 2 kind of single seats with storage compartment in the middle? That's one thing i was bothered with when my dealer just sent me pics of my car cause my rear seats are like yours, but i wanted the cool sporty rear seats! Oh well

Evoque Dynamic Coupe | Black on Black | Fully Loaded
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2011 10:34pm by vcruiser.)
11-11-2011 10:34pm
Evo-king

The twin seat became an option which you had to specify, but I think it was a bit of a lottery on early models.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
11-11-2011 10:38pm
PAT

Did the hazards come on automatically when you did the emergency stop?

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
11-11-2011 11:49pm
Token

(11-11-2011 11:49pm)PAT Wrote:  Did the hazards come on automatically when you did the emergency stop?

No...sadly they didn't...

12-11-2011 12:04am
cjfp

But there is mention elsewhere that the brakelights flash under heavy braking - can u confirm?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
12-11-2011 07:09am
mk82

(12-11-2011 07:09am)cjfp Wrote:  But there is mention elsewhere that the brakelights flash under heavy braking - can u confirm?

taht is what the german page of land rover describes!

PURE 5dr SD4 Auto, Fuji - Almond/Espresso, rear cam, front-pdc, techp., navi, seatheating, xenon package without xenon

STUUUUNNNNNNNIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!! Thud
12-11-2011 09:10am
Token

(12-11-2011 07:09am)cjfp Wrote:  But there is mention elsewhere that the brakelights flash under heavy braking - can u confirm?

Hmmm...I'd need some kind of out-of-body experience to be able to confirm this I think!

12-11-2011 10:40am
Token

Day six and I'm running out of original observations...I clearly need to do some alternative driving to enable me to discover more things about the Evoque...will see what I can do next week.

However...a couple of observations...

1. I am very happy to discover that it is not possible to put the wrong type of fuel into the Evoque...if you attempt to put petrol into a diesel then there is a valve that senses it and closes so that no petrol can get in. There is a small tool in the boot that can then be used to open up the valve in order to put diesel in. You may not think you will ever be that stupid...in fact I have laughed at people in the past...but last year I managed to put diesel into my...wait for it...Superbike!!! Luckily I realised and didn't start the engine, but I have never felt such a plank!

2. Took the car for a drive round some country lanes today...it was fantastic. The paddleshift really does work in terms of offering engine braking, enabling you to go much faster...I have had previous cars where the paddleshift wasn't very effective in the engine braking department.

3. Still can't quite get to grips with locking the car using the keyless...so have reverted to just using the fob. If I have a hand free to press the door handle, I have a hand free to take the key fob from my pocket. If I was a lady and kept my keys in my handbag, then this would be a more useful feature.

4. The rear camera is fantastic if you need to get mm's away from a wall, as I discovered today when trying to squeeze 6 cars onto my drive. Everyone else needed a guide to tell them when to stop...I didn't!

5. The doors are surprisingly light...I was worried that my 9yr old daughter would have trouble not banging the door into other cars as I was expecting it to be much heavier than it is, however, I am pleasantly surprised and she is having no problems with it at all.

6. Carried adults in the back today...I really don't understand some comments suggesting that there is not much room in the back...it's not a limo so we shouldn't expect people to really stretch out, but both passengers commented on how much room there was (especially as it's a coupe)

I'm sorry I don't have any negatives to report (I know people want a balanced view) but I just don't have anything new to report that is in any way negative. Will try harder!

13-11-2011 06:30pm
dandavis1

I was told to go very easy on the brakes for the first 500 miles as it could warp something - I wonder if your unnecessary emergency stop has damaged someting.
13-11-2011 07:53pm