Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My new Evoque
Token

My new Evoque

Hi guys

Below is a picture of my new Evoque that I collected today...I will take some more pictures over the next few days and post them on here. I will also try to comment on my early experience over the next couple of weeks.

So far, I have only driven it about 20 miles so not much to report yet, other than the following:

1. The Road presence is surprising, it is very wide (wider than a RRS or an X5) and this does make it feel very special, similar to the regal feeling you get from a FFRR (doesn't quite match it, but does anything??). It also feels taller than I thought it would (which is a good thing in my book)

2. Despite having driven one for an hour previously, I have been blown away once again by the directness of the steering and also the comfort of the ride

3. I learnt about a couple of features I didn't know about...firstly, the car won't allow the wrong fuel to be used by mistake (which is great), and secondly, the heated washer jets for the windscreen and the lights

4. The collection was surprisingly straight forward and I was pleased with the service I received from the Dealership. Some might argue that there wasn't enough fuss made and no gifts of any sort, but I prefer quick and easy so it suited me

5. I love the interior of the car, the only negative so far is the cheap feeling (in fact, just cheap!) glove box

6. Not yet convinced by the keyless entry, all seems a bit awkward at the moment, but let's blame me for now and see how it goes!

7. Electric Boot Lid is quicker than I feared it might be which is a relief

8. In terms of the media, the 825watt sound system is fantastic, my iPhone connected easily and enabled me to make phone calls and stream music via Bluetooth immediately with zero fuss, and the camera's are fantastic (particularly the reversing camera)...the SatNav is a little bit lame but it will get me to where I want to go so at least it is functional

9. the ambient lighting is very nice, but having 5 colours (4 of which seem pretty much the same) is a bit pointless (not in anyway a complaint because it does no harm, but don't get too excited about it! (although the red dials in the dark when in Dynamic mode actually look much better than I thought they would)

10. Everything so far seems easy to use...

More to come...

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
09-11-2011 01:40am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DynamicRRV

RE: My new Evoque

Fantastic Token,well done and a beauty!!
09-11-2011 01:50am
memota

(09-11-2011 01:40am)Token Wrote:  Hi guys

Below is a picture of my new Evoque that I collected today...I will take some more pictures over the next few days and post them on here. I will also try to comment on my early experience over the next couple of weeks.

So far, I have only driven it about 20 miles so not much to report yet, other than the following:

1. The Road presence is surprising, it is very wide (wider than a RRS or an X5) and this does make it feel very special, similar to the regal feeling you get from a FFRR (doesn't quite match it, but does anything??). It also feels taller than I thought it would (which is a good thing in my book)

2. Despite having driven one for an hour previously, I have been blown away once again by the directness of the steering and also the comfort of the ride

3. I learnt about a couple of features I didn't know about...firstly, the car won't allow the wrong fuel to be used by mistake (which is great), and secondly, the heated washer jets for the windscreen and the lights

4. The collection was surprisingly straight forward and I was pleased with the service I received from the Dealership. Some might argue that there wasn't enough fuss made and no gifts of any sort, but I prefer quick and easy so it suited me

5. I love the interior of the car, the only negative so far is the cheap feeling (in fact, just cheap!) glove box

6. Not yet convinced by the keyless entry, all seems a bit awkward at the moment, but let's blame me for now and see how it goes!

7. Electric Boot Lid is quicker than I feared it might be which is a relief

8. In terms of the media, the 825watt sound system is fantastic, my iPhone connected easily and enabled me to make phone calls and stream music via Bluetooth immediately with zero fuss, and the camera's are fantastic (particularly the reversing camera)...the SatNav is a little bit lame but it will get me to where I want to go so at least it is functional

9. the ambient lighting is very nice, but having 5 colours (4 of which seem pretty much the same) is a bit pointless (not in anyway a complaint because it does no harm, but don't get too excited about it! (although the red dials in the dark when in Dynamic mode actually look much better than I thought they would)

10. Everything so far seems easy to use...

More to come...

Great thoughts.

How are the seats? (And which ones did you get?)

Would love some interior shots!
09-11-2011 02:05am
Barneyridge

Congrats on the new toy Token...... looks the ducks guts

I had the same feeling about the glove box when i went for the test drive over the weekend

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
09-11-2011 02:27am
Evoqess

Wonderful impressions! I love the commanding feeling at the wheel and the road presence too. Getting lots of finger pointing and nods; spying in rear view mirrors in my neck of the woods. This vehicle really does have it all!

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
09-11-2011 03:02am
boxersergio

Congrats!!!! Enjoy!!! Sergio
09-11-2011 03:04am
SebM

Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
09-11-2011 07:22am
DDX

My new Evoque

Congrats mate. Looking forward to seeing it once youve wrapped it!

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
09-11-2011 07:59am
ant

Congrats token - welcome to the 'owners club'. Laughing
ANT

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
09-11-2011 12:44pm
alibeau

Congrats! Thumbs Up

Ali.
09-11-2011 01:21pm