Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Love Hate List
fam1x

RE: My Love Hate List

I have added Keyless as an option on my car but not I must admit I am rather disappointed with this keyless option now I’ve read about it and seen it. I was expecting it to make life simpler so when you walk away from the car it automatically locks the doors for you after a set time or distance key fob away from car. Doors unlock when you are feet’s away from the car, but it seems you have to put your hand on the door handle to do that. What if you want to open the boot first? Does that mean you have to get the key out and press the button?

Wondering if it possible to reprogram the key so it locks automatically after a set time or distance the key is away from the car.

Not even got my car and having doubts now lol

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
16-11-2011 11:28am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DynamicRRV

No you can open boot without key too.Its all a great idea imho.
16-11-2011 11:34am
martinPL

Finally had a test drive and here are my super quick comments (additions to love/hate list)

Hate:
- heated seats are again (as in my RRS) running too hot. Now we have 3 settings but even on lowest the seat is on fire. I wonder if these can be tuned down
- rain sensor is again (as on my RRS) way too fast even on the lowest setting. The entire idea of sensitivity setting should be to give the user the options - yes I tested in in Seattle's rain but even on lowest setting the wipers were going way too fast!!!

OK (based on my specifications based concerns)
- blind spots are not too bad on a 5 door model
- petrol engine/auto transmission is not bad at all but yes it does feel like a 4 pot unit and the tranny is not super smooth. Paddle shifters are working quite nicely

LOVE:
more or less everything else with one noticeable thing - initial impression of the inside style and finish is - AWESOME
17-11-2011 07:45am
jitenc

Check this YOUTUBE video out posted by someone in a different thread.... and it sums it all up......

Rolling Eyes

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
17-11-2011 07:03pm
stevehill

(17-11-2011 07:03pm)jitenc Wrote:  Check this YOUTUBE video out posted by someone in a different thread.... and it sums it all up......

Rolling Eyes
that's why we all bought the Evoque
17-11-2011 07:43pm
DynamicRRV

Very good indeed.
17-11-2011 07:50pm
ant

(14-11-2011 09:59pm)ajmooseman Wrote:  How do you move the camera??

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I've been celebrating my birthday and not lurking on the forum quite so much over the last week or so.
Anyway, once you have the rear view camera picture up on the screen, if you touch the "zoom+" soft key, you get arrow soft keys on the screen so you can move the camera left, right, up and down and also do a couple more "zooms" until the rear bumper dissappears. It's ok, but you are left with the arrow keys on the screen as they don't go away automatically. Personally I leave the pic as it is, but occasionally do "zoom in" on cars behind. The front wing cameras also move to give you different views forwards or sideways, around junctions.
Hope this helps.
ANTVery Happy

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
(This post was last modified: 20-11-2011 02:41pm by ant.)
20-11-2011 02:40pm