Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Love Hate List
stevehill

RE: My Love Hate List

(13-11-2011 02:23pm)PAT Wrote:  Really getting tired of reading your numerous flippent comments on this site!

Just as Tekno vanished you take up the mantel for the most nippy person which IMO detracts from what is a great forum.

I made a comment when Charlie left which seemed to confuse the Mods but perhaps it's selective memory as for every ten relevant and informative posts you make, there is one like the above which drags the tone down.

Free speech is great but when one person on this site seems to think they are a law unto themselves then it makes a mockery of what this site was designed for!

totally agree
13-11-2011 05:17pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Token

(13-11-2011 01:50pm)mark_n Wrote:  Hmmm, this is a car, not an adult playpen. Strange that not one of your comments relates to the car performing (or not) its intended purpose - getting you from A to B.

And in the spirit of not being all school-masterish, I won't list your spelling mistakes...

Hmmm...not sure about starting a sentence with 'And'...you've let yourself down there a little I feel...not technically incorrect when writing informally, but poor form nonetheless Smile

I don't think it's right to compare Mark to Tekno...yes he's a grumpy old bugger but he does know about cars (far more than me) and provides valuable input on this forum that I must say I appreciate. Tekno added zero value.

If you guys don't like some of the stuff that Mark writes, ignore the bits you don't like and concentrate on the valuable intelligence that he offers (most of the time!)

As for the concept of the Adult Playpen...that's a great idea Mark and once I have mine wrapped in matte grey (if indeed I do) which I know you can't wait for, my hope is that it will indeed turn into an adult playpen...housing on ocassions (think that might need two c's damn it) one adult male (me) and several adult females...playtime!! Smile

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
(This post was last modified: 13-11-2011 06:15pm by Token.)
13-11-2011 06:08pm
Urban Splash

My god.....

This keyless start complaints thing is really starting to grind. I can't believe that not placing a key into a lock to start the car is causing such a fuss!! Christ on a bike! FFS, stick it back in your pocket, stick in the the centre console, leave it on the passenger seat....who cares? It's not a big deal.

My ford Kuga has keyless start, guess what, I just put it in the centre console......wow....big deal. In 3 years, my wife and I have never lost a key, never wondered where to put it, never really thought about it, why? because we are responsible adults..... Europe is up the swanny, pointless wars being fought all one the world, but hold the front page..... you don't know where to put your key......

People having issues with the way the car is designed should have known this before buying. It's no fault of the car, it's your issue. Makes me think that so many are buying an Evoque because it's cool, with no real thought about the way it is designed and if is compatible with their lifestyle, then complaining about it. Ridiculous.

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
13-11-2011 08:30pm
Evoqess

Thumbs Up @ Urbansplash!!

Keyless start is something new for me and just needed a retraining of muscle memory and consistency in placement of my key. Same place, every time.
I think it's fabulous, definitely on the "love it" list. How antiquated it seems to have to place a key into an ignition! Smile

---------
Oh, prior warning! If you have more than 2 items on your "hate" list I may have to retaliate with choice words (such as "what a load of $&@%!). I really don't think there is anything to "hate" about an iconic vehicle like the Evoque. Maybe just minor dislikes which you should have known about prior to delivery if you had read this forum diligently! Smile Like the speed of forward movement of the coupe seats........

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
(This post was last modified: 13-11-2011 09:07pm by Evoqess.)
13-11-2011 08:51pm
dandavis1

I have exactly the same car as you ajmooseman (Si4 Dynamic Coupe) and largely agree. Here's my love/hate list:

Love:
The car generally - ride, comfort etc etc.
Glass roof
Puddle lights
Illuminated door sills
Gear selector is awesome
Electronic park brake

Hate:
The satnav is downright crap
Interior gloss black plastics are already very scratched
Inability to link driver and passenger temperatures
Rear access (speed of front seat motors)
The pedals feel too close - I still get aching shins after more than about 20mins driving
Heated windscreen
The way the ignition turns itself off after 10mins - can't watch a DVD when waiting at the train station for my wife cos it stops every 10 mins

Re your rant about the keys - I agree. I'm surprised there's no specific key stowage. I'm trying to get into the habit of just keeping my key in my pocket but the design of the key makes it very hard to find the lock/unlock buttons without getting it out and looking.
(This post was last modified: 13-11-2011 08:59pm by dandavis1.)
13-11-2011 08:57pm
Grah

(13-11-2011 02:23pm)PAT Wrote:  perhaps it's selective memory as for every ten relevant and informative posts you make, there is one like the above which drags the tone down.

That's impressive - I wish I could make that high a proportion of good posts. Maybe you should just look away from those you don't like.

Now, back to the car ...
13-11-2011 09:01pm
dandavis1

(13-11-2011 02:23pm)PAT Wrote:  Really getting tired of reading your numerous flippent comments on this site!

Just as Tekno vanished you take up the mantel for the most nippy person which IMO detracts from what is a great forum.

I made a comment when Charlie left which seemed to confuse the Mods but perhaps it's selective memory as for every ten relevant and informative posts you make, there is one like the above which drags the tone down.

Free speech is great but when one person on this site seems to think they are a law unto themselves then it makes a mockery of what this site was designed for!

Personally I like mark_n's comments. It mixes things up a bit. Shows some personality. Some honesty.

I'm getting tired of the endless "Cool car bro!" and various other back-slapping comments, but I'm not going to berate anyone for doing so.
13-11-2011 09:06pm
Urban Splash

How can you hate the heated windscreen? It's a wonderful addition to any (former) ford group car. If the complaint is regarding the microscopic elements then I'm afraid it's just Censored. In normal use, you don't notice they are there. I'm sure you will change your mind when when it really gets cold.....

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
13-11-2011 09:12pm
Daigriff

(13-11-2011 08:57pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  Hate:[/color]
The satnav is downright crap = "picnic" - problem in chair not in computer
Interior gloss black plastics are already very scratched - should have bought a prestige
Inability to link driver and passenger temperatures - sit closer together!
Rear access (speed of front seat motors) - should have bought 5 door
The pedals feel too close - I still get aching shins after more than about 20mins driving - should have bought automatic
Heated windscreen - move further south
The way the ignition turns itself off after 10mins - can't watch a DVD when waiting at the train station for my wife cos it stops every 10 mins - Tell her to get a taxi

Re your rant about the keys - I agree. I'm surprised there's no specific key stowage. I'm trying to get into the habit of just keeping my key in my pocket but the design of the key makes it very hard to find the lock/unlock buttons without getting it out and looking. - should have gone to specsavers

Sorry Dan I coulldn't resistLaughing

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
13-11-2011 09:27pm
dandavis1

(13-11-2011 09:27pm)Daigriff Wrote:  Sorry Dan I coulldn't resistLaughing

The satnav is downright crap = "picnic" - problem in chair not in computer - No, problem is with the Satnav (just compare it to a TomTom.

Interior gloss black plastics are already very scratched - should have bought a prestige - Then I'd be moaning about A LOT more

Inability to link driver and passenger temperatures - sit closer together! - Clearly not possible

Rear access (speed of front seat motors) - should have bought 5 door - I wanted an Evoque BECAUSE it was a coupe

The pedals feel too close - I still get aching shins after more than about 20mins driving - should have bought automatic - I do have an automatic, thanks.

Heated windscreen - move further south - That makes no sense. Even if I lived further south, I'd still see all those annoying little wires within the screen.

The way the ignition turns itself off after 10mins - can't watch a DVD when waiting at the train station for my wife cos it stops every 10 mins - Tell her to get a taxi - That was a hypothetical situation

Re your rant about the keys - I agree. I'm surprised there's no specific key stowage. I'm trying to get into the habit of just keeping my key in my pocket but the design of the key makes it very hard to find the lock/unlock buttons without getting it out and looking. - should have gone to specsavers - Again, makes no sense. Note that I'm talking about when NOT looking at the key.
13-11-2011 09:48pm