Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Love Hate List
vision*R

RE: My Love Hate List

Yes by default it's keyless start/stop only, not keyless access, so you still need to pull your key out of your pocket. Don't think it will be a big deal though, just put it back into your pocket right away, before opening the doors?

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
14-11-2011 07:55am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
swiss tony

(13-11-2011 10:27am)ajmooseman Wrote:  Depends on the density of it, there is a legal requirement, but legally some level of tint can be added.

For a legal window tint in the UK the specifications are:
a) Motor Vehicles first used on or after 1 April 1985
b) The light transmitted through the windscreen must be at least 75%.
c) The front side windows (to either side of the drivers’ head) must allow at least 70% of light to be transmitted through them.

Granted i will be probably be adding something a little darker, but I pretty sure that my front windows are no where near 70% at the moment.

hmmm. i would be carefull on this. the 5-0 does have light meters which they can if they wish too will stop you at anytime to check. if it fails and you decide to get a bit stroppy about it by the roadside they will take your car on the spot, if not you have normally about 7 days to get it removed. most tiniting firms will go up to a 20/25% front window tint for about £100 but it will look different shades to the rear privacy.

if you do go for a darker drug-spec just make sure when you get stopped you open your pan roof asap. youll need the light, also an ivory leather will help
14-11-2011 10:19am
mark_n

I think the rear only tint of privacy glass unbalances the look of the car - I looked briefly at the Golf R which only has privacy glass as standard - you cannot delete it - and rejected it for this very reason, quite apart from it being Bland with a capital "B".

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
14-11-2011 11:13am
swiss tony

i think you are right. on the EV coupe especially i think the windows are a little two small to carry privacy well. also depends on your outside colour i think.

white dynamic with a black roof and smoke wheels + privacy = win

black D4 with black leather + privacy = van

white RRS with ivory leather + privacy = TOWIE
14-11-2011 11:17am
WorldTraveler

(13-11-2011 02:23pm)PAT Wrote:  Really getting tired of reading your numerous flippent comments on this site!

Just as Tekno vanished you take up the mantel for the most nippy person which IMO detracts from what is a great forum.

I made a comment when Charlie left which seemed to confuse the Mods but perhaps it's selective memory as for every ten relevant and informative posts you make, there is one like the above which drags the tone down.

Free speech is great but when one person on this site seems to think they are a law unto themselves then it makes a mockery of what this site was designed for!

Totally Agree, for all you know English may NOT be the individuals first language !!

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
14-11-2011 12:06pm
ajmooseman

(14-11-2011 12:06pm)WorldTraveler Wrote:  Totally Agree, for all you know English may NOT be the individuals first language !!
Lol. Cheers guys. English is my first language! Doesn't bother me that somebody with nothing else to do finds holes in my typing. I'm sure that I excel in many more ways than him in many other things. Just like to post my opinions and feelings of my car.

Ref black plastic. I can see what you mean going to have watch that one. Perhaps if we had somewhere to put the key the centre slide thing wouldn't get as much stick.
(This post was last modified: 14-11-2011 03:24pm by ajmooseman.)
14-11-2011 02:01pm
martinPL

(14-11-2011 07:55am)vision*R Wrote:  Yes by default it's keyless start/stop only, not keyless access, so you still need to pull your key out of your pocket. Don't think it will be a big deal though, just put it back into your pocket right away, before opening the doors?

If keyless access cannot be enabled the design is semi-usefull IMHO. But I think the US versions might have it on by default - the specs of the Dynamic indicate "Passive Keyless Entry" being the standard.
14-11-2011 07:30pm
ant

(13-11-2011 10:01am)ajmooseman Wrote:  Ok now the hate List or shall we say disappointing list

Hate

Mat's there are absolute joke, not sure if these are the premium ones (if they are dont buy) Far to small very thin, the rear mat's have holes but no hooks, maybe that's a coupe thing.

Seatbelts, i find it a massive strech to reach my seatbelt and I'm 6'1" and sit with the seat a long way back, god knows how the wife will manage( oh i forgot she won;t be driving itVery Happy) Also when you unfaster your seat belt you have to be careful as it fly's back at a 100mph, I can see damage to the A pillar finish at some point if I'm not careful.

Didn't realise the TV tuner was only with the Dual screen, though it came with all HDD NAV, I used to love the fact that finding yourself in a 2 hour traffic jam you could just sit and watch the TV.

Privacy Glass, is not what I expected, the front windows have none, this will be getting changed, not that i want to go about like a pop start but down to the look of the car the whole car is black and then the front windows, spoils the side on view to me.

Strange one this next one

Keyless Go, don't like it,I didn't even realise it came as standard thought it was all part of the Keyless entry, which i thought was pointless, now I wish I'd got it, confused?
Well I'm the worse person in the world for keys, I loose them on a daily basis, but I have 2 different sets of factory keys, house keys and car keys. I have always just had my car key as a single key so the others aren;t hanging around the steering column.

Now with this keyless go, you walk to your car, unlock it, with said key in hand, climb in...then what your sat down so can;t squish the key back into your pocket, where do you put it, in the cup holders/centre console bit?? Door pocket...where??? keys have home's in lock's, like wise if you can remember to put in back in your pocket before getting in the car, when you want to get out I spend several seconds thinking where the hell is the key, that's after I put my hand down to the right of the steering wheel!
I guess if you had Keyless entry you would just leave it your pocket, but that's still confusing for me.
I guess I'll just have to get used to it, but at the moment I really don't like it.

Reversing Camera, not sure if it should be like this but I can see my bumper, which is fine, but as it's to one side you see more of the off side that the near, just looks a little lopsided on the screen

OK think I'm done, look forward to Love hate list

To balance things up I thought I'd wade in with some answers and some of my opinions.
My floor mats seem to be ok. I've taken them out and brushed them several times and they come up like new. The front ones are fixed to small toggles on the floor, but the rear ones float free.
I'm 5' 7" and have no difficulty reaching the seatbelt. Chris is 5' 1" and similarly, has no problems. I don't see how it can be a problem unless the seat is really far forward (unless of course there's a difference in the 3 and 5 door seat belt mountings???)
The TV tuner and DVD and dual screen works just fine.
Privacy Glass - I'm with you on this one. I hate the front flass being clear. I too might have the fronts shaded to the legal max.Very Happy
Keyless entry and keyless start are great. I haven't looked at or touched my key fob from day one. I've put it into an Oakleys sunglass soft bag, which I put in my front pocket. I then unlock and open the car just by operating any door handle and lock it by touching any door handle. Trouble and stress free. I never have to worry about putting the key in the car or taking it with me when I leave the car.Very Happy
You can move the camera to get the view you want. I find seeing the bumper in the screen pretty good.

Just my 2p worth.

There's loads to like and I haven't found much I don't like.
ANTLaughing

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
(This post was last modified: 14-11-2011 07:46pm by ant.)
14-11-2011 07:45pm
ajmooseman

(14-11-2011 07:45pm)ant Wrote:  To balance things up I thought I'd wade in with some answers and some of my opinions.
My floor mats seem to be ok. I've taken them out and brushed them several times and they come up like new. The front ones are fixed to small toggles on the floor, but the rear ones float free.
I'm 5' 7" and have no difficulty reaching the seatbelt. Chris is 5' 1" and similarly, has no problems. I don't see how it can be a problem unless the seat is really far forward (unless of course there's a difference in the 3 and 5 door seat belt mountings???)
The TV tuner and DVD and dual screen works just fine.
Privacy Glass - I'm with you on this one. I hate the front flass being clear. I too might have the fronts shaded to the legal max.Very Happy
Keyless entry and keyless start are great. I haven't looked at or touched my key fob from day one. I've put it into an Oakleys sunglass soft bag, which I put in my front pocket. I then unlock and open the car just by operating any door handle and lock it by touching any door handle. Trouble and stress free. I never have to worry about putting the key in the car or taking it with me when I leave the car.Very Happy
You can move the camera to get the view you want. I find seeing the bumper in the screen pretty good.

Just my 2p worth.

There's loads to like and I haven't found much I don't like.
ANTLaughing

I wonder why LR put holes in the rear mats then? I thought the 5 door may have the hook's in the rear.
I guessing seatbelt mountings must be different, the coupe has larger doors so I would think that the B pillar is set further back and therefore so will the seat belt mountings.

Ant I wish I'd gone for keyless entry and then I like you all I would need is to have my key somewhere on me, with with just keyless go it means you have to get your key out to lock unlock the car and by habit I find myself sat in the drivers seat before putting the key away, although while fetching one of the kids tonight, I mentioned to unlock the car replace the key in my pocket and drive away with out any fuss, Yes I know what your all thinking.......Shock horror....aswell as managing a simple task i also allowed on of my kids in the carShocked

How do you move the camera??

Disclaimer: FAO of Mark_n and others it may concern
While all efforts will be made to delivery statements in English. I can only apologize for any spelling or grammar mistakes made while posting my thoughts and opinions. If any post featuring such mistakes should offend, then tough SH*T!
14-11-2011 09:59pm
PAT

(14-11-2011 09:59pm)ajmooseman Wrote:  Disclaimer: FAO Mark_n and others it may concern
While all efforts will be made to delivery statements in English. I can only apologize for any spelling or grammar mistakes made while posting my thoughts and opinions. If any post featuring such mistakes should offend, then tough SH*T!

Nice one but that won't stop the spelling police on here Laughing

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
14-11-2011 10:32pm