Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual
THEMACS

RE: My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual

450 miles to a tank Confused That sounds pretty poor to me, appx 34-35mpg!! Will be expecting an average of 40MPG on a manual SD4, they quote 49.6 MPG, which I know is way over!!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
25-11-2011 09:41am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

(25-11-2011 09:41am)THEMACS Wrote:  450 miles to a tank Confused That sounds pretty poor to me, appx 34-35mpg!! Will be expecting an average of 40MPG on a manual SD4, they quote 49.6 MPG, which I know is way over!!

I would imagine that's a pessimistic calculation based on the current average consuption and tank level which will adapt as the true consumption gets updated as I use the vehicle.

I havent had a chance to look, but how do you bring up the display for the current average MPG?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
25-11-2011 12:56pm
SebM

Congrats !!!

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
25-11-2011 10:00pm
PhilSkill

A few more miles on the clock today, just loving the relaxing drive and refinement. It feels like a tardis! Looks small from the outside, not much taller than saloon cars etc, yet feels so big on the inside, had 2 6 foot men in the passenger seat and behind, both said loads of leg room at the same time, I think LR have done a great job on interior space. The passenger seat occupant said they were getting dazzled by car headlights from behind in the wing mirrors.

Had a few more stares, one guy stopped at a junction took of his sun glasses and was staring mouth open at me! Another pedestrian stopped watched me go past and started walking backwards to keep looking at it!
Great fun watching people!

Had another occurance of the stop/start not restarting! I stopped to let someone through in a small lane, engine cut as normal, then put clutch down, selected 1st, raised clutch and thought why aren't I moving? then realised the engine wasnt running! put clutch down again and it started... everytime i've conciously tested this its worked flawlessly, not sure if i'm not doing something right still.

Had a scare putting it in reverse, just taking someone out for thier first ride and selected reverse only to find I was holding the gear knob and looking at a metal shaft! put it back on and while fixed on in forward gears it would come off easily in reverse. Need to have a look in daylight. Sadly my passengers comments were "I was really impressed till that point, still it was made in Britain" Sad

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
(This post was last modified: 26-11-2011 01:15am by PhilSkill.)
26-11-2011 12:56am
Evoqess

Oh noooo Phil!! I can see your look of horror when the gear selector came off!! I'm afraid to touch it now - but want to see of it comes off like yours. Yikes. Disappointed to hear that!
[quote='Evoqess'

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
(This post was last modified: 26-11-2011 02:26am by Evoqess.)
26-11-2011 02:23am
PhilSkill

Hi Evoqess, Yes was a bit surprising to be holding quite a quality Item in my hand like that!

After some investigation today it seems there is a plastic collar fitted in the leather that the gear knob is clipped onto that has not been engaged because the gear selector stick leather is so thick it won't push fully home onto the clip. Tried a bit but don't want to damage anything and affect the warranty, so will take it back and let the dealer sort it, but luckily doesn't affect normal driving.

27-11-2011 11:18pm
PhilSkill

Reset trip today 80 mile journey on A roads and some town centre, driving conservatively as only 250 miles on clock, trip av fuel read 39.8 mpg, was up to 41 until some 30mph stuff got in the way!

No re-occurances of the non start stop/start!

Happy days! Smile
Oh and the manual has a "change up" light which tells you when it would be more efficient to change up a gear, amazingly if youre not pushing on it comes on at around 1800rpm so generally just poodling around you dont get over 2000rpm! at 70mph in 6th your barely tickling 1800rpm! makes for a very calm and sedate drive like that!

(This post was last modified: 28-11-2011 02:52pm by PhilSkill.)
28-11-2011 12:40am
PhilSkill

Unlock the car and put key in my jacket pocket, then during the journey I get a bit hot and take my jacket off and throw it on the back seat, pull up at destination and park in an awkward space, passenger gets out and grabs the jackets off the back seat (5dr Smile ) just as a better space comes available, so I say you go on I'll park over there, go to start the car "Smart key not found" its in my jacket walking rapidly away... normally key would have still been in the ignition!

29-11-2011 12:33am
leveller

(29-11-2011 12:33am)PhilSkill Wrote:  Unlock the car and put key in my jacket pocket, then during the journey I get a bit hot and take my jacket off and throw it on the back seat, pull up at destination and park in an awkward space, passenger gets out and grabs the jackets off the back seat (5dr Smile ) just as a better space comes available, so I say you go on I'll park over there, go to start the car "Smart key not found" its in my jacket walking rapidly away... normally key would have still been in the ignition!

Haha! Yeah the keyless start is a neat feature but your story points out a limit.

5dr Evoque Dynamic Si4, OG. I love her, mostly.
29-11-2011 11:45pm
PhilSkill

It was amusing leveller, but left me with the question, could I have locked the car without the key? Remember the old days you put the locking catch down and held the handle up while you shut the door... something like that, otherwise I could have had to leave the car unlocked to go get the keys back! Smile

30-11-2011 12:26am