Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual
PhilSkill

RE: My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual

Real life pics on Dynamic... after some dirty road driving.

[attachment=899]

[attachment=900]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 16-12-2011 12:44am by PhilSkill.)
16-12-2011 12:34am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

Occasionally had a slight rattle from the back, seemed to be related to opening and closing the Tailgate, was having a look round and found it was the rear parcel shelf had not been clipped in near the seats, it was just sitting on the clips! Have never removed this so must have been like it from collection, I clipped them in properly and hey-presto no rattle! Smile

Tomorrow it goes in for the respray of the front for the flaws above! Sad If I get through the Ice to get there!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
18-12-2011 08:06pm
PhilSkill

Ok re-spray now means complete new front bumper... they said the plastic underneath was malformed and it that was the reason for the paint imperfections. Probably better option really than a repair! Shipping a new bumper overnight, should get it back Thursday!

Another couple of days in the Freelander 2 GS tin can lined with plastic.

20-12-2011 09:25pm
PhilSkill

Have my Baby Back!, Job looks lovely in the winter morning gloom, the guy who did it said there had obviously been a problem when the bumper had the holes stamped out for the headlamp washers so there was no plastic hence the pain not sitting right and eventually cracking as in the pictures above. New bumper fits as perfectly as the ones in the showroom, i'll try to spend some time waxing it again to give it a detailed inspection.

My god the improvement over the Freelander2 is stunning, was such a joy to get back in the Evo! Much less body roll, quieter, more power better mpg! and just pure luxury and good design, not to mention a radio that has reception.

23-12-2011 11:48am
PhilSkill

Added 500 miles on mine over Christmas first long Motorway driving M5 to Devon, only saw 1 other on the road.

Have to say really comfy! lovely cruising machine, tiny amound of wind noise from mirrors but can only hear it because the rest is so quiet.

First thing noted DAB reception is awesome, not a single dropout in the whole journey, great listening to Planet rock all the way, far better than any FM channel i've ever experienced!

Had my first traffic hold up (well M5 at xmas!) TMC went yellow, didnt offer alternatives, but could browse the evenrs ahead and ask for detour, didnt use it as Mway reopened before I got to the junction.

Service Stations on NAV show symbols of company logos at stop, BP, Burger king etc Nice feature but felt a bit like marketing too far!

29-12-2011 12:22am
QUATTROMAN

(29-12-2011 12:22am)PhilSkill Wrote:  Added 500 miles on mine over Christmas first long Motorway driving M5 to Devon, only saw 1 other on the road.

Have to say really comfy! lovely cruising machine, tiny amound of wind noise from mirrors but can only hear it because the rest is so quiet.

First thing noted DAB reception is awesome, not a single dropout in the whole journey, great listening to Planet rock all the way, far better than any FM channel i've ever experienced!

Had my first traffic hold up (well M5 at xmas!) TMC went yellow, didnt offer alternatives, but could browse the evenrs ahead and ask for detour, didnt use it as Mway reopened before I got to the junction.

Service Stations on NAV show symbols of company logos at stop, BP, Burger king etc Nice feature but felt a bit like marketing too far!

PhilSkill, wasnt you in Torbay by any chance as I spotted my first 5 door Dynamic Evoque in Fuji yesterday.

Fuji White 5 door Dynamic SD4 AUTO +LUX PACK + Adaptive Xenons -Built 22-12- 2011 - delivered 12-1-12
29-12-2011 01:21am
PhilSkill

(29-12-2011 01:21am)QUATTROMAN Wrote:  PhilSkill, wasnt you in Torbay by any chance as I spotted my first 5 door Dynamic Evoque in Fuji yesterday.

Hi Quattroman, no didn't get that near the coast sadly so not me, but wasn't too far away from there.

29-12-2011 09:55am
PhilSkill

Other points of interest.

Used the Electric Tail gates loads during my visit, it's great! especially as the rear gets dirty quickly. Never hiccup'ed once even with boot full. Boot space isn't that big, but fine for 3 bags of clothes, laptop, present bags, shoes etc etc.

Start/Stop very useful during crawl on the M5, engine was off for a good proportion of the delay!

Put it in Dynamic mode for some of the fast twisty lanes, was great fun, really stopped body roll round the fast corners, but soon put it back into normal driving mode once into the straight roads again for a softer ride over the pot hole stricken roads!

Love the dual display for motorway junctions on the NAV with lane layout displays for the junctions. Also found you can browse the map by just touching the display to move the place you touch to the centre of the screen.

Motorway driving trip suggested 34mpg, although this improved to 36 when on the 60mph A roads.

DAB Radio "Info" display updates live so you get a full screen displaying the show and current playing track name.

29-12-2011 04:31pm
PhilSkill

Decided to fill the washer fluid the other day before my journey. Must say nice easy access filling spout, I've used a cut down plastic bottle top to use as a funnel for many years and this fitted perfectly in and allowed me to fill up with no overspill at all, it would probably be a bit small to use without the addition of the makeshift funnel, but after filing a Volvo C30 which has it's bottle hidden in a awkward place where you have no idea how full it's getting and has a bend immediately after the spout making it back flow really easily the Evoque was a delight to fill up. Smile (easily pleased Laughing )

30-12-2011 04:31pm
PhilSkill

Car in at Dealers today to re-attach the front wheel arch trim to the front bumper which had come adrift (after front bumper was changed) Said the trim is bonded in place rather than clipped...!?

16-01-2012 09:18pm