Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual
Acwats

RE: My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual

(22-11-2011 12:34am)PhilSkill Wrote:  Indeed LDT, Roll on Sunny warm days cruising in the Evoque... oh damn winter is on it's way! Ok then roll on the snow... Twisted Evil

Funny thing, I had to reverse up a hill at the dealers, put it in reverse the wing mirrors dipped for parking, but as I was on a hill in the dark all i could see was road, not what was behind... Confused

You can modify how much they dip. Just adjust them after thy have dipped and the system should remember this next time.

Even more spooky on mine is that whilst performing a reverse turn followed by a long straight the mirrors returned back to the "up" position when the speed built up, then returned to the "down" position when I slowed down. Anybody else had this?

Sorry to hijack your thread Phil. Congrats

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
(This post was last modified: 22-11-2011 07:54am by Acwats.)
22-11-2011 07:53am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ezandania

Acwats...if you read the manual ( pg 49 of 258 ), it says there : If vehicle speed exceeds 7km/h (4mph) in reverse, the mirrors will return to their normal driving position for enhanced visibility. Smile

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
(This post was last modified: 22-11-2011 09:03am by Ezandania.)
22-11-2011 09:02am
Kwacka

My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual

I have had a manual for the last 8 weeks and I love it, I find it more fun to drive and it seems to pick up a lot quicker than the auto, which when I test drove one was my main criticism. I cancelled my original auto order and bought a higher spec manual and have absolutely no regrets.
22-11-2011 11:38am
RacingSnake

(22-11-2011 11:38am)Kwacka Wrote:  I have had a manual for the last 8 weeks and I love it, I find it more fun to drive and it seems to pick up a lot quicker than the auto, which when I test drove one was my main criticism.
This is interesting, as isn't the 'book' on auto quicker?
Part of my reasons for an auto, is laziness... I love the site back and go option of a manual.... if this we're a true sports car, I would have opted for Manual Smile

All good feedback to hear though.
22-11-2011 11:43am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

Interesting about the mirrors thanks guys and gals, i'll have to check that out.

The Manuals great... you get Start/Stop for better or worse, Sure the Auto is a nice easy drive, and is probably better for offroading use, but I like to drive my cars Smile

Haven't driven it today as been sorting out my Shopping car Very Happy

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 22-11-2011 05:47pm by PhilSkill.)
22-11-2011 05:47pm
Daigriff

Well done Phil, your one lucky guy.

Nice to see more people on here getting theirs...enjoy...oh and photos pleaseSmile

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
22-11-2011 05:59pm
Evo-king

(21-11-2011 11:56pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Picked mine up today, absolutely fabulous. Mr. Green

Sadly it was dark and raining so no pics yet.

On the way home, got sandwiched by 2 transporters full of Evoques on the M42! heading south onto the M40, think they did it deliberately... Twisted Evil

When I pulled off the motorway and stopped at the roundabout the stop/start kicked in for the first time, I thought I'd stalled it Embarrassed so reactions immediately depressed the clutch and it started again Laughing then I realised what it was! it's quite neat in a weird sort of a way, odd sitting at traffic lights with no engine running and it starts very quickly. There's also an ECO button on the console to turn it off.

Manual box is very precise and obviously still quite stiff, drove absolutely lovely, amazing for it's size, got it up to a good speed on the Motorway, no issues with steering weight as mentioned elsewhere.

Great driving position, feels like your up with vans etc, and yet it stands little taller than the Mazda!

Found cars passing me in the outside, pulling across in-front and dropping back in the inside to have a good look, and a white BMW X6 sped up the outside, slowed for a look and sped off... Laughing

Dealer experience was great, got the Mudguards added for the delays, although their only let down was not a full tank... more like just half which was almost gone on the 50 mile journey home Shocked could have brought it up but wasn't going spoil the moment.

More when I've had a chance to play... Although tomorrow it's my Mazda's turn to get some long overdue TLC.

Brilliant car, looks and feels great, Just need to see it in the daylight now!

I'm very pleased for you, soon we'll have more owner members than potential owner members, still you'll know that with your graph thingy.

(22-11-2011 12:44am)LDT Wrote:  You will look and feel the bees' knees when you are passing the likes of me on the road, making your way effortlessly and confidently through fallen snow, hail sleet .......!

Do you mean that the mirrors actually drop down when in reverse? If so, I was not aware of this.

Linda, the glass in the wing mirror frames tilt downwards to show the road/kerb.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
(This post was last modified: 22-11-2011 06:35pm by Evo-king.)
22-11-2011 06:30pm
mk82

[Image: wopc.jpg]

PURE 5dr SD4 Auto, Fuji - Almond/Espresso, rear cam, front-pdc, techp., navi, seatheating, xenon package without xenon

STUUUUNNNNNNNIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!! Thud
22-11-2011 07:21pm
cobkelly

Congrats Philskill, enjoy!
22-11-2011 10:02pm
LDT

(22-11-2011 06:30pm)Evo-king Wrote:  I'm very pleased for you, soon we'll have more owner members than potential owner members, still you'll know that with your graph thingy.

Linda, the glass in the wing mirror frames tilt downwards to show the road/kerb.

Cool!! Thanks for confirming.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
22-11-2011 10:03pm