Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual
PhilSkill

My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual

Picked mine up today, absolutely fabulous. Mr. Green

Sadly it was dark and raining so no pics yet.

On the way home, got sandwiched by 2 transporters full of Evoques on the M42! heading south onto the M40, think they did it deliberately... Twisted Evil

When I pulled off the motorway and stopped at the roundabout the stop/start kicked in for the first time, I thought I'd stalled it Embarrassed so reactions immediately depressed the clutch and it started again Laughing then I realised what it was! it's quite neat in a weird sort of a way, odd sitting at traffic lights with no engine running and it starts very quickly. There's also an ECO button on the console to turn it off.

Manual box is very precise and obviously still quite stiff, drove absolutely lovely, amazing for it's size, got it up to a good speed on the Motorway, no issues with steering weight as mentioned elsewhere.

Great driving position, feels like your up with vans etc, and yet it stands little taller than the Mazda!

Found cars passing me in the outside, pulling across in-front and dropping back in the inside to have a good look, and a white BMW X6 sped up the outside, slowed for a look and sped off... Laughing

Dealer experience was great, got the Mudguards added for the delays, although their only let down was not a full tank... more like just half which was almost gone on the 50 mile journey home Shocked could have brought it up but wasn't going spoil the moment.

More when I've had a chance to play... Although tomorrow it's my Mazda's turn to get some long overdue TLC.

Brilliant car, looks and feels great, Just need to see it in the daylight now!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
21-11-2011 11:56pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VJD

RE: My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual

Congratulations Philskill Thanks for the info on the manual Sd4 (hope to pick mine up tomorrow or Wednesday). Funnily enough my dealer loaned me a FL2 with stop/start for the weekend and I had the same moment of panic when the engine cut, followed by the flood of relief/embarrassment when I put the clutch back down and realized what had happened! Embarrassed

Enjoy your first days with the new babyrr and be sure to post some pictures once daylight returns!
22-11-2011 12:11am
PhilSkill

Cheers VJD, You'll love it when you get it! Enjoy yours too.

Manual shift is quite a nice short sporty gear change, Not stupidly so though. Although most of the journey was Motorway.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
22-11-2011 12:20am
LDT

Congratulations! I am sure you will be even more pleased with it when you drive in better weather conditions.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
22-11-2011 12:26am
PhilSkill

Indeed LDT, Roll on Sunny warm days cruising in the Evoque... oh damn winter is on it's way! Ok then roll on the snow... Twisted Evil

Funny thing, I had to reverse up a hill at the dealers, put it in reverse the wing mirrors dipped for parking, but as I was on a hill in the dark all i could see was road, not what was behind... Confused

(This post was last modified: 22-11-2011 12:40am by PhilSkill.)
22-11-2011 12:34am
LDT

You will look and feel the bees' knees when you are passing the likes of me on the road, making your way effortlessly and confidently through fallen snow, hail sleet .......!

Do you mean that the mirrors actually drop down when in reverse? If so, I was not aware of this.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
22-11-2011 12:44am
PhilSkill

Thats certainly how it looked but was all a bit dark and dingy, will try again in the light of day!

22-11-2011 01:17am
boxersergio

congrats!!! enjoy!!! Sergio
22-11-2011 01:31am
Evoqess

Awesome news Philskill!
Similar car to mine, except I have the thirstier engine minus the stop start! Yours might be the first manual on the board eh?

Isn't it a fabulous vehicle? Seeing it tomorrow in the daylight will take your breath away. Lots of smart features, like the reverse dipping mirrors - although you can disable this feature in the setup apparently. Pressing both r + l mirror buttons also folds in both mirrors for tight spots!

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
22-11-2011 02:34am
Aussievoque

Jealous over here in oz. Any regrets picking the manual over the Auto?? I'm still deciding but hedging towards the manual.

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
22-11-2011 07:35am