Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mud Flaps
KaDargo

Mud Flaps

As I am fed up with the c*&p that appeares down the doors a couple of days afetr washing, I am considerinf having mud flaps fitted.

Does anyone have photos of them (4-door) and an idea of what this would cost?

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
05-04-2013 10:31am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
griff

RE: Mud Flaps

Do a search using key word "flaps" - there's plenty of info around

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
05-04-2013 11:41am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

They are not hard to fit yourself unless you are like me and have two left hands each having 5 thumbs! There is a youTube video showing how to fit them by Powerfulluk. I elected to have the dealer fit them and they do help a lot to reduce the muck up the sides they don't seem to do much to reduce what goes on he tailgate though.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
05-04-2013 02:45pm
KaDargo

(05-04-2013 02:45pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  They are not hard to fit yourself unless you are like me and have two left hands each having 5 thumbs! There is a youTube video showing how to fit them by Powerfulluk. I elected to have the dealer fit them and they do help a lot to reduce the muck up the sides they don't seem to do much to reduce what goes on he tailgate though.

Dealer has quoted me £265 fully fitted (happy with that, especally as I don't really have the time to do it myself at the mo)- going in for service next month so will have it done then.

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
05-04-2013 03:55pm
Pedlar

KaDargo

Your best option is to get the mudflaps from Dan@Duckworths here on the forum for around £98; and then get the dealer to fit them as this is what I did today and it cam to about £180 pounds in total.

And I can definitely agree with Tim on getting the dealer to fit them as the Pure and Prestige versions require a lot more drilling than the dynamics; at least then you know the dealer will have done the job right
05-04-2013 04:26pm
Offroadstu

Got them on mine they look great, I think they look better with them on the back as they carry the line of the plastic wheel arch which sticks out. I will take some picks shortly and post em.
Rear
Front

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 06:24pm by Offroadstu.)
05-04-2013 06:06pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

They do integrate well with the lines of the car and especially on Fuji cars I think they look good

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
05-04-2013 06:49pm
cjfp

(05-04-2013 11:41am)griff Wrote:  Do a search using key word "flaps" - there's plenty of info around

I took your advice and used google ...... boy you should see some of the results !!!

[std apologies if anyone offended etc]

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 07:20pm by cjfp.)
05-04-2013 07:19pm
Kojak

(05-04-2013 07:19pm)cjfp Wrote:  I took your advice and used google ...... boy you should see some of the results !!!

[std apologies if anyone offended etc]

Rolling with Laughter

OUT - Pure SD4, Orkney Grey, 5 dr, Manual, Fogs, Xenons, Auto dim mirror, Auto lights / wipers, Power fold mirrors, spare wheel.
IN - Dynamic SD4, Indus Silver, 5 dr, Auto, Heated Steering Wheel, Auto Dim mirror, Spare wheel.
05-04-2013 08:15pm
cutter7

Mud Flaps

I've just googled "FLAPS" as well, and have just seen Carol Vordermans C+V on you tube!!..:lol:
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 07:13pm by cutter7.)
06-04-2013 07:03pm