Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Loud Noise
Offroadstu

Loud Noise

Hi all
I have had my car since January and like many other suffered the alarm issue. Now with the alarm issue sorted the car has started randomly making extremely loud noise from the radio. The best way to describe it is like having an Amp turned up high and plug in a phono jack. That type of loud crackle is what we are getting. Anyone else had a similar issue?
22-08-2013 08:26pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evoquative

RE: Loud Noise

(22-08-2013 08:26pm)Offroadstu Wrote:  Hi all
I have had my car since January and like many other suffered the alarm issue. Now with the alarm issue sorted the car has started randomly making extremely loud noise from the radio. The best way to describe it is like having an Amp turned up high and plug in a phono jack. That type of loud crackle is what we are getting. Anyone else had a similar issue?

Hi do you have the TV installed? I was having exactly the same -it was driving me mad! I called the dealer and they said they had been having problems since the freeview channels got remapped. They had just heard from LR about it. What they said to me was that there is no fix yet, but you can change the TV setting to US and it stops. I tried it and it did stop the crackle, but no TV to watch now when I wait for the kids to come out of school Sad - May be worth trying?

Now a very happy owner of a Dynamic Si4 Firenze 5dr, black roof with lux & plus packs, black alloys, heated steering wheel, privacy, homelink & spare wheel.Very Happy
24-09-2013 08:07pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

No need to take the TV back to the dealership yet as LR has only a temporary fix.
To get rid of the DAB loss of signal/ crackles go into the digital TV settings and set the location to USA, no more DAB issues. It's all down to a change in the digital TV frequencies. Unfortunately you also will not have any TV in the car until LR has worked on a fix, which we are assured they are doing

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
24-09-2013 10:07pm
Offroadstu

LR have replaced the Amp and that has so far resolved the issue. Very rare problem apparently, I was lucky a LR engineer was sat in the car when it did it.
30-09-2013 06:29pm