Should be simplified before sending to LR
Issues should be voted on individually before sending to LR
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Letter of suggestions to LR
BobM

RE: Letter of suggestions to LR

If you send a list of 200 items they might realise people have issues with their product and consider 10 - 20 suggestions. If you send a list of 10 they will think their car is perfect and more than likely consider none.

Send the lot!!!

PS - I know there was a different thread but can you add 'signature DRL's to Halogen lights' in your lighting section.Smile

Pure, SD4, Auto, 5 door, Firenze Red, Ebony/Ebony, privacy, rear camera, front sensors, fog lights, spare wheel, auto lights and wipers - Delivered 14.3.15 Very Happy

Gone but not forgotten - Old rattly 1.3.12 - 31.5.13 - Pure, SD4, manual, 5 door, Fuji, 19" style 4, ebony/ebony, spare wheel, privacy.
22-04-2012 09:06am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

(22-04-2012 09:06am)BobM Wrote:  If you send a list of 200 items they might realise people have issues with their product and consider 10 - 20 suggestions. If you send a list of 10 they will think their car is perfect and more than likely consider none.

Send the lot!!!

PS - I know there was a different thread but can you add 'signature DRL's to Halogen lights' in your lighting section.Smile

Hi BobM, Yes I will, and this is now the thread to use for continuing suggestions.

Also amazingly... Fuel Consumption is not directly on the list, only an Economy mapping mode.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
22-04-2012 08:57pm
BigFoot

(18-04-2012 11:56am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Attached (hopefully) is the final version of "The List"

Thanks to Philskill for the hard work in compiling and editing all the posts, at Phil's suggestion I have also added two more questions.

Yes Philskill, Thanks for taking this on. Please excuse the late entry here. Just got my Evoque four days ago in sunny Southern California (and promptly had to travel to Dublin).

Being an engineer, this sort of feedback is invaluable to those designing products as long as it is not whitewashed by management. If handled in a constructive way I believe LR will welcome it. I would expect LR to fix those things that are broken or not functioning as would normally be expected under warranty, but I think it's unlikely they will provide features without some charge. You might want to make it clear that some of us are willing to pay for upgrades if they were available, including service charge for upgrading software for command center (as long as it is reasonable - such as a nominal yearly plan to cover software upgrade costs with reasonable profit). I would love to retrofit my passenger seat for full adjustment and memory and would purchase this upgrade if available. I would also pay for a retrofit for a sun roof that opens.

Here are some additional suggestions based on my VERY extensive pre-purchase investigations, analysis and comparison with other 4x4 "crossover" vehicles in the same price range, as well as my limited direct driving experience:

Audio:
- This high end audio system user wants equalizer as well, it is an expected feature for high end systems.
- At least 128G disk for import (256G would be better, but I am not sure if the disk is SSD or mechanical).
- Upgradeable multimedia storage size (honestly 32G is already under-par), why would I not be able to update my drive to 64, 128, 256 or larger as technology becomes cost effective?
- Ability to optimize space for more CDs by using high quality compression such as 128Kb/channel AAC compression during import.

Navigation:
- Real time map, points of interest, traffic, and navigation update through wireless (CDMA, UMTS, 3G, 4G). This could easily be be done automatically through Bluetooth with Land Rover App on iPhone, Android or Windows. I could update maps for whatever region I go to or on a monthly schedule to keep up with road and business changes. In addition, this feature would make it easy to create custom POI groups.
- License an app such as GasBuddy and map nearby petrol prices.
- Need an option to avoid toll roads in U.S. Have not tried this, but did not see this in the manual.
- Include most scenic route (maybe with a time threshhold - "I'm willing to take an extra 30 minutes to go the scenic route.")
- Fastest route (that takes into account traffic delays).
- Rather than a few cars icon's overlayed to indicate congestion, the norm today is to color code road sections for traffic: red=high traffic with delays, yellow = high traffic which is slower than normal, green is no delays and average traffic speed at or above speed limit. This is VERY easy to read.

Seating/Comfort:
- Ability to raise and lower front of seat applies to both driver and passenger. This is standard on all other cars at this price range.
- Heated rear seat option.
- Rear seat center pass-through for long luggage or 40/20/40 or 60/40 or 40/60 folding.

Physical Updates:
- Fuel Tank should be at LEAST 20 US gallons.
- *PLEASE* INCLUDE OPENING SUN ROOF OPTION!!! This is a MUST in sunny California Smile
- Adaptive Dynamics should be available on all models as an option.

Some features need to be available in US:
Multi-view LCD screen
Parking assist
Diesel
Manual transmission

Given weight of vehicle weight/HP is pretty good, but could be better to compare with others. I hope RR targets US. 13-14 lbs/HP, and 12-13 lb / lb-ft torque.

ATTACHED IS A MARK_UP DRAFT OF YOUR DOCUMENT.

FYI: I would not try and simplify this too much. Manufacturers, especially the Product Marketing Teams (who typically define the product features) pay big bucks and work really hard to get this kind of constructive feedback.

I plan on visiting LR while in Ireland to see if I can order parts to install a right hand side driver's seat for full adjustment and memory for the passenger. Anybody know a good dealer near Dublin?

Next mod will be Custom Roof that will open.

U.S. Evoque Prestigue, Orkney Grey, Ebony interior, Jaguar 20"x10" 10 spoke Kasuga wheels, 255/45R20 tires. Accessories (black rails and roof bike carriers) being installed by excellent dealer while I am away.

Thanks,
Bigfoot

Attached File(s)
.doc  20120417 BABYRR Request List Mods (BigFoot).doc (Size: 75 KB / Downloads: 21)
(This post was last modified: 24-04-2012 10:12am by BigFoot.)
23-04-2012 05:22pm
olde

(23-04-2012 05:22pm)BigFoot Wrote:  Yes Philskill, Thanks for taking this on. Please excuse the late entry here.... Thanks, Bigfoot

BigFoot, those are excellent suggestions, and each one with engineer-friendly explanations. You have obviously done your homework.

PhilSkill, a couple of other suggestions coming in from other threads:

0. rattles so far include:
a. rubbing between trim that is fitted to the top of the tailgate and the trim inside the tailgate entrance
b. shiny rubber sealant around doors can cause squeaking
c. inside door panels rattle
d. dash vents rattle
e. something in the rear right of the vehicle (noticed in 3-cars so far)
f. I sometimes get a buzz inside the dashboard, like a lose wire
g. load creak or groan when your steering goes to full lock

1. Drive options S and D appear to return the same fuel consumption, we need to know if D is thus redundant.

2. Premature wear on parcel shelf and boot seal.

3. Phone keypad retains unusable letters while digit-dial-only is the default selection.

4. Operator manual storage area is not obviously marked.

5. Put additional cup holder(s) inside glove box cover.

6. Credit card holder in glove box cover only holds one card, which can fall out if the holder is used too much.

7. Bottom ledge of console display could have steeper angle, allowing a phone to rest there.

8. Need option to NOT have NAV, (smart phone is a better designed replacement).

9. Horn could be a little more "meaty" sounding

10. Feature demo mode for the console display, for use while stationary and learning, or for showing off to passengers or sales prospects

11. The butt-pokes that some complain of, turn out to be plastic corners that poke upward into both thighs, through the thick padding of the outer edges of the front seat-pads. Heavy passengers may feel these corners more than normal passengers, and overweight passengers may sustain light bruising.

12. There was a suggestion that we might get more attention from LR if we somehow highlight improvement suggestions that could impact user safety, e.g.
a) distractions caused by slow or badly laid out displays and by unnecessary long and complicated menu trees,
b) pillar-boxed rear view caused by rear seat head-rests,
c) driver position gets crushed if operating seat memory buttons at over 20mph,
d) gearing can stick if suspension mode is changed too suddenly before starting from a traffic light,
e) rear-view camera can momentarily turn-off during reversing, if used too soon after ignition.

If such issues are made "reasonably public" knowledge, and if an accident ensues due to any of them, LR becomes liable. A legally enforced product recall can make awful news, so safety issues are rarely if ever ignored by car companies.

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
(This post was last modified: 24-04-2012 03:48am by olde.)
24-04-2012 02:53am
PhilSkill

Latest update...

New section for MY2012 Update, recent issues.

.doc  20120502 BABYRR Request List Mods V3.doc (Size: 84.5 KB / Downloads: 183)

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
02-05-2012 10:03pm
PhilSkill

EPB won't release on pull away in 2nd gear, as stated in the manual.

09-05-2012 08:53am
jitenc

(09-05-2012 08:53am)PhilSkill Wrote:  EPB won't release on pull away in 2nd gear, as stated in the manual.

Hi. Have you decided when you are going to send The List. Is there a deadline....I am now eager to see the reply.....they should have waited before they released the VB Special Edition.... Guess we now have to stick to 'olde-phil' version if they ever produce a car with all the mods.... Cost, say £90k?Cool....

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
10-05-2012 02:29am
olde

(10-05-2012 02:29am)jitenc Wrote:  I am now eager to see the reply....

A lot is going on behind the scenes, jitenc. As PhilSkill is in charge, I will not steal his well deserved thunder.

The List is by nature a critique, so we struggle to determine how best we can avoid offending anyone involved in the Evoque's brilliant design and development.

What is the best way to deliver the document? I suspect an in-person delivery/discussion would be the most effective, but it could be difficult to get a meeting with the key executives we believe The List should be addressed to.

Maybe a forum member who already works for Jaguar Land Rover would be a good delivery person?

Phil, other suggestions from members at large:
1. grab handles above the doors, even if only fabric handles
2. touch sensitive lights above rear doors, like in front
3. option to purchase medical kit and triangle that fits in side-wall and wheel storage areas in rear, and LED flashlight that fits into the wheel area's molded diesel-gas adaptor slot.
4. option to purchase stick-on bonnet/hood vent moldings for non-dynamic vehicles
5. ability to adjust rear-distance sensitivity of blind spot warning light
6. option to purchase small, non-mirror, camera rear-view wing-mirrors, with integrated blind-spot warning light?
7. address the petition to a particular individual(s) in Jaguar Land Rover and/or give update on its reception by them to date (are they still ignoring us)
8. poll to prioritize suggestions, can the polling system be set up so everyone can vote for their own pet-peeves or favourite upgrade suggestions?
9. the inboard angle of driver's footrest encourages the knee to fall toward the steering wheel instead of toward the door, so unless Evoque is targeted primarily at females, make the angle neutral.
10. more flexible grill mesh on lower speakers so that knees can rest against them more comfortably, and make the colour of this mesh match the upper speakers, which it does not do currently
11. ability to recalibrate the yellow lines in the rear camera, especially if need to reverse off-road or over tight bridges, etc
12. different sounding beeps for different parts of car from proximity sensors (especially when you start the car)
13. system should search for previously connected phones (plural) to connect to, for several minutes longer, as it often requires an unnecessary manual connection.
14. The "agree" button on the navigation startup should be larger to reduce driver distraction
15. option to upgrade display to higher resolution
16. need date for update of navigation maps, and/or software generally
17. buttons on console display should be semi-transparent, so they do not obscure underlying information
18. would be nice to have an electric/memory steering wheel
19. more horsepower, especially now Porsche is competing with the Evoque
20. more sensitive lock/unlock buttons on outside door handles, with better lock-status feedback
21. seat heater can be turned off by turning centre dial, but only if auto or at least 2 dial-dots are on. This makes no sense, it should be able to turn off the seat heater under all conditions.
22. audio volume levels should be same for all channels while seeking.
23. no way to scan radio channels (2 secs on each channel, until radio told to stop scanning).
24. door handle testing by opportunistic burglars should cause the vehicle to light up, e.g. flashing headlights, etc.
25. arm rest could do with being a bit more adjustable in height and have some forward travel, plus it should allow a laptop-sized shelf to pull out from under it.
26. use a fabric in the back (over the spare wheel) that is easier to clean and which does not trap pet hairs
27. add a shallow storage bay under rear-center seat, opposite the rear air vents.
28. extra cupholder(s), especially for north american market.
29. there are no carpet mat anchors in rear, yet there are holes in the supplied rear mats
30. carpet mat anchors should be attached to the car more securely, and should have larger stabilizing flange
31. air conditioning through the seats
32. rear mud flaps should be standard, but should only drop down and become visible when vehicle is moving fast enough to throw stone chips at following cars
33. external airbags, front and rear
34. better styling of the overly-visible windshield wiper holder/pivot
35. firmer-fitting screw caps for the inside door handles
36. move the in-glass logo in the front windshield closer to the corner, or make it more transparent and less obstructive/distracting to the driver
37. each proximity sensor to have a different tone, so you know where the warning(s) is coming from, e.g. ba-bing for left, ba-bong for right, higher pitch for front, etc.
38. Widen the puddle lights to light up the entire area you will step in, not just a small circle somewhere eles, and put LED's under the door so you can see the ground when the door is open (BTW, this idea is currently NOT patented).
39. safer suspension mode selector buttons, they can be accidentally touched while driving, causing the vehicle to slow suddenly without brake lights.
40. using the business card holder, inside front right of arm rest storage compartment, will prevent the armrest from fully lowering.

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
(This post was last modified: 24-05-2012 05:43pm by olde.)
11-05-2012 04:26am
PhilSkill

Working on final version

A reminder for me

Show when dpf is regenerating
Show when eco stop system was active/inactive.
Audio hard button to take you back to main Audio screen when in browse mode or other audio sub menu.

28-05-2012 10:57pm
J77

Some good points but a lot of ridiculous ones.

I personally would like to see:

*Ambient lighting improved
*More individual options (without buying a whole pack)
*Sport exterior pack available for Pure/prestige (including twin exhaust option on TD4)
*Better performance increase between TD/SD4 (manual)
*TFT dials
*Range Rover logo on passenger side of dash (as per FFRR and RRS)
*Autobiography model (as per FFRR and RRS)
*General software updates and improvements

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
29-05-2012 03:49pm