Issues should be voted on individually before sending to LR
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Letter of suggestions to LR
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Thanks to Philskill for the hard work in compiling and editing all the posts, at Phil's suggestion I have also added two more questions.

See post 15 for the latest version of the letter

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2012 09:29am by XFullFatTim.)
18-04-2012 11:56am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

RE: Letter of suggestions to LR

(18-04-2012 11:56am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Attached (hopefully) is the final version of "The List"

Thanks to Philskill for the hard work in compiling and editing all the posts, at Phil's suggestion I have also added two more questions.

I agree there's a lot of good stuff in here. Instead of submitting the whole list, I think it would be better for us to identity through a vote the 10 most popular suggestions and put those to LR in the first instance. In particular, the car is built down to a price, as every car is, so that many of the suggestions would have a price tag associated with them and this might influence preferences.

Some think, for example, the glove box lid isn't good enough (I am not among them) and if it added £10, most would bite. But what bout £100?

When I did this for a product I had developed, I got more than 100 suggestions which made for entertaining reading but there were only a handful from multiple users and a smaller number still of ones which really stood out. I implemented those and the punters were pleased.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 18-04-2012 05:23pm by mark_n.)
18-04-2012 05:11pm
PhilSkill

Thanks Tim for putting the poll up, and can't forget thanks to olde who really put the initial list together and is doing the groundwork trying to get LR's interest.

I'd agree Mark, there is stuff in there that myself I would not include as it's obviously impractical, too costly or unlikely to be a popular modification, but who is any one person to judge this, that's LR's job to a certain degree.

I had considered splitting it into 3 sections, (but time is as always in short supply)
1 - Software updates we'd like on our current Evoques (the original reason olde started this).
2 - Improvements that could feed into the design of a revamp of the model
3 - Other Ideas and owner perceptions

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
18-04-2012 05:29pm
snksnk

A Software update without visiting the local dealer would be nice.. Or a jailbreak like feature;p sms through touch screen.. Etc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
18-04-2012 05:31pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

TBH, I'm sure that LR's boffins have just about picked themselves up off the floor after reading what has been posted already(shocked at all the things people think need to be fixed on what LR thinks is a "perfect" product!), and the bean counters will have decided those items that will have an on cost or are too expensive as the thread has been going for some time.
I agree that the list should be whittled down to say the top 10 most popular upgrades members would like to see applied. Of course I'm sure no one would actually want to pay any extra to have them too, but in reality some of them are really wishes. Maybe we should have the top ten items we think should be "standard/free" upgrades and the top ten we would be prepared to pay extra to have.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
18-04-2012 06:29pm
LDT

I wonder if Martin has stats of how many visitors the forum receives? If so, this could be added to the covering letter which would add weight to the fact that potential buyers are aware of "The List".

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
18-04-2012 06:33pm
griff

I think it should be sent in its entirety as LR may well have different views to us on what is and is not possible/ feasable.

I should have added adaptable cruise control to the list Tim

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
18-04-2012 08:14pm
cjfp

^ +1

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
18-04-2012 08:22pm
Biker

I'm not convinced the whole list should be sent without some sort of severity level of interest/complaint.
One person's complaint costing a complete unit re-design is not always practical and it would carry more weight if say 95% of forum members complained about fuel consumption as oppose to one person wanting red led's in the back.

DAB reception might also not be something JLR has control over and unless some concrete evidence exists, it might not be taken too serious.

On a side note: No-one asked for a phone app to allow software and firmware update via evoque built-in Wi-Fi?

TD4 180 HSE MY17 Fuji White
18-04-2012 11:46pm
olde

For the poll questions, could we perhaps list some of the most popular improvement suggestions; then ask members to vote on which improvement they would MOST like to see fixed or upgraded? Each vote could then ALSO count as part of the overall petition.

Also, should we close the previous thread that started The List, and point that thread to your new "sticky"?

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
22-04-2012 01:13am