Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Leave the engine running......
Rich23

Leave the engine running......

I'm a proud owner of a week old black Evoque Pure with a number of trimmings. while down at the local DIY store at the weekend I parked up, locked up and went in to get a few items to clean the car and keep that new car look for as long as possible. On my return I unlocked the car, sat down only to discover to my horror that I'd left the car engine running the entire time I was in the store. I've since heard someone else I know do something similar. Are there others out there that have done this? Any ways to help avoid doing this? I did not recall hearing any alerts or warnings signals as I left the car so this seems quite an easy thing to for those not used to push start ignitions.
27-03-2012 01:28pm
Find all posts by this user
BOBM4N

RE: Leave the engine running......

We noticed this too but thankfully just on the driveway at home walking in the house.

I am surprised the engine does not stop when the key goes out of range.

Finally Arrived 06/02/12 Very Happy :

Dynamic SD4 Auto - Fuji White/Vortex, Pan Roof, Privacy
27-03-2012 01:40pm
WorldTraveler

You can even drive off without the key .... check out this video Smile

http://youtu.be/PXW9VIKPW-I

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
27-03-2012 01:53pm
WB
WB

Hasn't happened to me (yet) but I can see how it could happen quite easily.

My trick is to always DOUBLE LOCK the car which gives a beep to confirm it has double locked as long as you have the audible lock setting ON in the car settings menu on the dashboard.

If the engine is on the car won't double lock using the remote.

The engine doesn't stop if the key goes out of range as that would be dangerous if say your partner or spouse had the key in their pocket and you dropped them off. You would ofcourse be stranded once you park but better that than be in a stalled car in the middle of the road.
27-03-2012 01:54pm
Ianpembs

I would have thought youd get a warning when a door was opened with engine running.
27-03-2012 02:36pm
Sarcastrix

(27-03-2012 01:53pm)WorldTraveler Wrote:  You can even drive off without the key .... check out this video Smile

I did it on my test drive. 45 mins with no key, good job I didn't stop the engine Laughing

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
27-03-2012 02:41pm
RacingSnake

Does this not worry anyone?
jeez, I think thats shocking! Shocked Shocked Shocked

No way should it allow you to continue without the key!

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
27-03-2012 02:45pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
BOBM4N

I think it's a little weak that they don't warn you when the key moves out of range while the engine is running.

It already tells you if it cant find the key on ignition after all. surely a search for the key every few minutes wouldn't take up too much processing power...

I can already see the day that the Mrs drops me at the station and I leave on the train with the keys in my pocket.... god help me

Finally Arrived 06/02/12 Very Happy :

Dynamic SD4 Auto - Fuji White/Vortex, Pan Roof, Privacy
27-03-2012 03:50pm
pureevoque

(27-03-2012 02:36pm)Ianpembs Wrote:  I would have thought youd get a warning when a door was opened with engine running.

You do, one that's quite hard to ignore !

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
27-03-2012 04:02pm
Cedric

(27-03-2012 03:50pm)BOBM4N Wrote:  I think it's a little weak that they don't warn you when the key moves out of range while the engine is running.

It already tells you if it cant find the key on ignition after all. surely a search for the key every few minutes wouldn't take up too much processing power...

I can already see the day that the Mrs drops me at the station and I leave on the train with the keys in my pocket.... god help me

It would drain the battery of the keys. It would need somekind of rfid tag, which is not very secure either.
27-03-2012 04:03pm
Thread Closed