Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Leave the engine running......
WB
WB

RE: Leave the engine running......

(27-03-2012 03:50pm)BOBM4N Wrote:  I think it's a little weak that they don't warn you when the key moves out of range while the engine is running.

It already tells you if it cant find the key on ignition after all. surely a search for the key every few minutes wouldn't take up too much processing power...

I can already see the day that the Mrs drops me at the station and I leave on the train with the keys in my pocket.... god help me

Actually I'm fairly sure the time my wife had the key and I dropped her off a message did come up on the dashboard that the key was not detected.
27-03-2012 04:52pm
Find all posts by this user
SiT

Positive it warns you on the dash when the key is out of range.

Great subject and was about to post something very similar myself around this topic.

Does anyone else find the concept of keyless start pointless and well a bit of a faff..?

I've also been caught although not for very long and not too far away from the car thankfully of leaving it running when the key was in my pocket. Also, i plick the key to get in and start it but have nowhere to put the key... 'Put it in your pocket' i hear you say',,, what to then take it out when i'm done plick the button and put it back in my pocket again..?!

It's something i'll get used to in time, maybe if there was a little space where the key could fit nicely in view... oh, well why not a normal key ignition..!! Smile
27-03-2012 05:04pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Have just tried it on mine, it has keyless entry - no matter whether I gave one press or two presses of the fob, with the engine running the car would not lock, it just beeped at me and flashed the indicators.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
27-03-2012 05:39pm
THEMACS

I think you must be pretty daft to do this, i mean, it isn't the quietest vehicle, the Rev counter will be above 0, the centre console on the dash and in the middle will be showing stuff, there is an Audible warning when you open the door with the engine running, need I go on!!

Jesus, what do you want, a little man pop up and tell you to turn it off!!!

I am sorry but you must be having a laugh!!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
27-03-2012 05:42pm
Dimitrios

Just checked and I got an audible warning and 'Ignition is on' on the message centre screen when opening the door. There was no man popping up tho Laughing

Dynamic SD4, Santorini, Chrome Shadow, Lux Pack, Priv Glass, Red /Black leather & headlining
Collection: 24 Mar 2012 / Ordered: Oct 2011
27-03-2012 06:36pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

MACS, I agree with your sentiment, but if you are in a mad rush and forget something in the house it's something that could be quite easy to to.

When I took delivery of mine I had to sign that I had taken both sets of keys - apparently the dealer had experience of somebody driving off in their new car, full of enthusiasm and happiness and left both sets of keys with the salesman!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
27-03-2012 06:39pm
Token

You do have to press the Start Stop button quite hard to cut out the engine, sometimes I have to press it twice which is irritating. Mine has a very audible noise if I leave engine running whilst opening drivers door.

Huge warning on dash if you drive away without key...all keyless cars that I've driven carry on without the key, the Range is no different and actually has the most obvious warning I've experienced of any car.

I was never a fan of keyless entry and go, but just had a Freelander on loan from the dealer without keyless and I found having to deal with the key very irritating (almost as irritating as dealing with the dealer!)

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
27-03-2012 06:56pm
THEMACS

I still don't see how he did this, surely his car must have been open as welll!!! Or is it keyless entry too?? Even so, surely that won't lock the car with the bloody Engine Running, its one thing to do it while you nip in the house, but to go fricking Shopping!! I think someone is taking the Censored

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
27-03-2012 08:19pm
SiT

As an example at the hosptial yesterday, pressed the button to swith off and got out of the car and then found it was still switched on and running...
27-03-2012 08:24pm
THEMACS

(27-03-2012 08:24pm)SiT Wrote:  As an example at the hosptial yesterday, pressed the button to swith off and got out of the car and then found it was still switched on and running...

Yes but surely you then realised and wouldn't have been able to lock the thing!! you then didnt proceed and leave it unattended!! I understand you could get out and then realise it was running, but to shut the door and walk off????? Not a Chance, sorry but i find this extremely difficult to believe!!

(This post was last modified: 27-03-2012 08:32pm by THEMACS.)
27-03-2012 08:31pm
Thread Closed