Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Land Rover Website
PhilSkill

RE: Land Rover Website

I guess it depends how well the system works, but i'd have though it would be a good option in the UK market, as using normal cruise is really not ideal on UK motorways as there's always enough traffic it doesn't stay on long enough before a slower vehicle pulls out into your way or a car comes out of the outside lane slowing for a junction in front of you. Only time I ever use normal cruise it is at night when the motorways are much clearer so you can usually pull around a slow vehicle without cancelling the cruise and it regulates me from speeding.

In fact a Max speed regulator would be a useful option missed on the Evoque, available on Renaults and Merc's certainly.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 27-11-2013 02:05pm by PhilSkill.)
27-11-2013 01:46pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Pete, I would have it tomorrow if it were available, when I had it with the Forward Alert system on my TDv8 RRS it saved my life in fog. However I think of more importance, having encountered lots of Evoques driving in fog without any lights other than DLR's on LR really needs to hook up the tail-lights to be on as well when the DRL's are on and drivers are not using headlights. The cost would be tiny to connect front DRL's to the tail light switching. LR isn't the only maker that doesn't do it, but there are companies like Volvo that don't have an issue with tail lights being on all the time

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
27-11-2013 02:40pm
CRC@LandRover

(27-11-2013 01:46pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  I guess it depends how well the system works, but i'd have though it would be a good option in the UK market, as using normal cruise is really not ideal on UK motorways as there's always enough traffic it doesn't stay on long enough before a slower vehicle pulls out into your way or a car comes out of the outside lane slowing for a junction in front of you. Only time I ever use normal cruise it is at night when the motorways are much clearer so you can usually pull around a slow vehicle without cancelling the cruise and it regulates me from speeding.

In fact a Max speed regulator would be a useful option missed on the Evoque, available on Renaults and Merc's certainly.

Thanks Phil,

It is an intelligent system which not only allows you to maintain a set speed, will also reduce speed to maintain a set gap from the vehicle in front if they are travelling at a slow speed. This combined with such technology as Queue assist (a system which as the car ahead slows to a halt, the system will bring the car to a smooth halt a short distance behind it.) and the IEB Intelligent Emergency Braking (monitors traffic ahead of the vehicle and applies maximum braking if a collision is detected) there are many advantages and as you have stated, in this country its rare during daytime for the motorways to be clear Confused

I will certainly pass on your feedback.

(27-11-2013 02:40pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Pete, I would have it tomorrow if it were available, when I had it with the Forward Alert system on my TDv8 RRS it saved my life in fog. However I think of more importance, having encountered lots of Evoques driving in fog without any lights other than DLR's on LR really needs to hook up the tail-lights to be on as well when the DRL's are on and drivers are not using headlights. The cost would be tiny to connect front DRL's to the tail light switching. LR isn't the only maker that doesn't do it, but there are companies like Volvo that don't have an issue with tail lights being on all the time

Thanks Tim,

Again will pass on your comments. And as for the DRLs, I am sure you are aware, as of 2011 it became a legal requirement that vehicles produced would require DRLs fitted to the front of the vehicle. However, there is no current requirement on the rear lights which I know is something that has been under a lot of discussion amongst the whole industry based on often poor weather conditions and poor visibility that we suffer in this country for much of the year. At this point while I do not know of any plans for it to change, this comment has been noted and passed across also.

Appreciate the feedback so far and do invite people to continue to add to this.

Many thanks,
Pete

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
27-11-2013 03:10pm
BFGEvoqueMan

Quote:However, I have passed on your comment to marketing team and I would be very interested to hear others thoughts and opinions on this option being offered in the future as I am more than happy to pass on the feedback.

Many thanks,
Pete

Range Rover should be ashamed at not offfering all the options possible for this car in its home market. Why could I not have rear air vents on my car without the RSE because it was a UK car? Why could I not order the automatic air recirculation feature unless I ordered the Lux pack (again because it was a UK car)? I get different base specifications based on the local market requirements but all options should be available to all markets.

Finally why does LR not fit a DAB(+) system that works in Germany.

Ah, feel much better now; now where is my copy of the Daily Mail gone LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

(27-11-2013 02:40pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Pete, I would have it tomorrow if it were available, when I had it with the Forward Alert system on my TDv8 RRS it saved my life in fog. However I think of more importance, having encountered lots of Evoques driving in fog without any lights other than DLR's on LR really needs to hook up the tail-lights to be on as well when the DRL's are on and drivers are not using headlights. The cost would be tiny to connect front DRL's to the tail light switching. LR isn't the only maker that doesn't do it, but there are companies like Volvo that don't have an issue with tail lights being on all the time

I have noticed that BMW are the same unless you have Xenon or LED headlights when the rears are enabled with the front DLR's. Clearly with the LED rear light units that the RRE has the power drain (and hence any affect on fuel consumption) will be negligable.

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
(This post was last modified: 27-11-2013 08:47pm by BFGEvoqueMan.)
27-11-2013 08:43pm
IKM

Tim, Audi are the same as LR. Rear lights are off when DLR's are on. It's time the EU or UK sorted this issue through legislation.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
28-11-2013 09:31am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

What intrigues me is that it isn't a legal requirement to have intermittent wipers or side repeater indicators in the mirrors or flashy chrome bits around the windows but we get them. When we ask for a safety related item that costs nothing to fit as all the bits are already there suddenly it cannot be done because it isn't a legal requirement.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
28-11-2013 10:29am
cjfp

(28-11-2013 10:29am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  What intrigues me is that it isn't a legal requirement to have intermittent wipers or side repeater indicators in the mirrors or flashy chrome bits around the windows but we get them. When we ask for a safety related item that costs nothing to fit as all the bits are already there suddenly it cannot be done because it isn't a legal requirement.

There isn't anything that stops anyone going above and beyond the law for the reasons of additional safety .... oh, hang on, I'm wrong and it appears must be Whistle

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 28-11-2013 10:40am by cjfp.)
28-11-2013 10:40am
BFGEvoqueMan

Quote:There isn't anything that stops anyone going above and beyond the law for the reasons of additional safety .... oh, hang on, I'm wrong and it appears must be Whistle

Now nowLaughing

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
28-11-2013 11:31am
j7david

Totally agree that adaptive cruise control (with the safety bits included) should really be available if people want it; I don't see the advantage in elimination of OPTIONS (did market research really lead to everyone saying "adaptive cruise control, nah, no one wants that as an option"?)

Also: that Evoque in the photo has a GB registration plate!

Rear lights on with DRLs would be a software change that would benefit everyone. Agree with others that lack of a legal requirement for something doesn't mean it can't be a good useful feature. There's no legal requirement for adaptive xenons with cornering lights but they're fantastic.

Jan '12 Dynamic SD4 Auto, 19" General Grabber AT, a few options, off to Kenya soon.
(This post was last modified: 28-11-2013 10:32pm by j7david.)
28-11-2013 10:31pm
PhilSkill

I saw the new advert for the Citreon Picasso tonight, clearly stating, with adaptive cruise control...

Citreon not only worked out its a useful feature for the UK, theyre making a statement about it!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
29-11-2013 12:17am