Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LR bottom of satisfaction surveys- Why?
MartinP

RE: LR bottom of satisfaction surveys- Why?

LDT.....if you could share those details with me it would be appreciated. Send us a PM. Thanks.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
19-02-2012 10:15pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChuckieB

(19-02-2012 08:44pm)J77 Wrote:  The worst car I have ever owned was a Renault scenic, constantly in the dealers. The first day I picked it up the air con didn't work, should have realised then what I was letting myself in for. Overall I had more problems with Renault than I've ever had with LR, and Renault are supposed to have higher customer satisfaction.

Still have 2 Renaults in the in the stable. One we're now getting rid of on it's tenth anniversary and given the way it's been treated I'm surprised it's lasted this long. It's been far from faultless ( notably leaking sun roofs)and more than likely less economical than an Evoque ( If such a thing is possible!)but i think i have been able to put up with it because it was hugely versatile as regards proper loadspace and cramming shed loads in it. Probably could have bought 2 (1 for spares:lolSmile for the price of a pure!

The clio has been been a joy to own and has only suffered due to issues not of it's own making. I.e. Crappy roads messing up steering an suspension components year in and year out!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
19-02-2012 10:23pm
LDT

(19-02-2012 10:15pm)MartinP Wrote:  LDT.....if you could share those details with me it would be appreciated. Send us a PM. Thanks.

PM sent Martin.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
19-02-2012 10:47pm
MartinP

Thanks LDT.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
20-02-2012 06:48am
Skymonster

I had an 02 Freelander 1 TD4 auto from new for three years and 76000 miles. During that time I had one problem - one morning driving to work it was very very lethargic and whenever I tried to accelerate clouds of very black smoke came out the exhaust but it still kept running. Got to work and LR assist were there in an hour and diagnosed a split turbo hose. The guy hadn't got one with him so he taped up the hose which cured the problem - and then came back the next day and fitted a replacement hose in the car park. Good service and on that basis I was very hapy with the reliability of the only other LR I have owned. I've read the forums and seen te adverse comments about LR reliabilty - my previous experience helped me overcome doubts and to be honest even with the limited number of Evoques around I suspect there are many more happy owners than uphappy ones.

----
Pure 2.2SD4, auto, tech, pano, etc... Fuji... And very happy with my choice so far...
20-02-2012 02:15pm
dandavis1

(19-02-2012 09:17pm)LDT Wrote:  I too have high expectations, my last few cars being Mercs with no trouble whatsoever. I am hoping for the best, but like Donny Dog, am concerned to hear of issues.

I have been advised by RR owners not to use our local dealership (one of the big boys), and to instead take my servicing business to a family run dealership with an excellent reputation some 30 miles away with minimum inconvenience - they will collect my car, leave a courtesy car, and deliver back to me. So as above, it could be worth making enquiries with a view to finding recommended dealerships which provide excellent service - they are out there.

Is this something this forum could help out with? Could we somehow compile a list of recommended service centres/dealers?
20-02-2012 04:43pm
Firenze

(20-02-2012 04:43pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  Is this something this forum could help out with? Could we somehow compile a list of recommended service centres/dealers?

+1, I think this would be a very good idea if enough people gave input as with everything there will always be someone who had a bad experience even at a great dealer.

Maybe we should start a poll with a list of dealers and you can vote for good or bad service and let the figures speak for themselves

Firenze Dynamic Si4, Pano roof, Verve, Ebony headliner, Black Strata, Privacy glass, Lux Pack - Enjoying since 7/3/12
20-02-2012 05:00pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

There is already a section to post about that sort of stuff....................... here - http://babyrr.com/forum/Forum-Dealership-Feedback
There is one problem with using Independants - while those I have dealt with have been very good and use Land Rover trained mechanics there is the warranty issue on a car less than 3 years old. In theory you can take your car to any service outlet for servicing and the warranty will be maintained on condition that the service outlet uses GENUINE Land Rover parts, then there is also the problem that indies cannot do any warranty work if you need it.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 20-02-2012 05:07pm by XFullFatTim.)
20-02-2012 05:04pm
lngrn36

I've also owned Toyota's, 3 trucks and 1 4runner.
The Evoque has been more enjoyable than all my Toyota's put together. I would not base a purchase on bad reviews on a forum. I've seen plenty of complaining about any and everything on here. I had one complaint with mine, a terrible wind noise. The dealer researched the problem and resolved it.
I've had plenty of service issue's with my 4runner. So to me, Toyota is not perfect.
This is my first LR purchase. I never liked the big box look of all the LR offered on the states. I'm very satisfied with my purchase and get plenty of compliments everywhere I go!
LR is reaching out to a completely different consumer. They know that they have to get this right are they will lose them. That means they should work harder to keep you happy. It seems that LR needs to clean up their customer service in their backyard as many have complained that live close to where they're built. I can only speak to my experience with my Evoque. I love it, and the dealer is great!
I hope this helps.

(19-02-2012 07:14pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  I have never owned a Land Rover before, and, because different types of owner with different types of vehicles have different requirements and expectations, I have never taken a great deal of notice of customer satisfaction surveys. As a result, I've ordered an Evoque (due early March) for my wife to replace her RAV4, perhaps more in hope than based on other owners' experiences. However, having read about the real problems owners are having on here (which I do have faith in) I am now very concerned! Even those who have commented in this thread about only having minor niggles still worry me, as I have never had a car with any niggles of any description. My wife has owned 3 RAV 4's over 16 years and we've never even had a bulb go. I run a Mercedes 500 SL (another model with a bad customer survey reputation), and again have never had a bit of bother, nor did I with a series of Mercs and BMWs before it.

It sounds to me as if those who are satisfied with their Land Rovers still accept less than perfection, and that those (on here) who complain have every right to do so, and that maybe the customer satisfaction ratings are valid after

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
(This post was last modified: 20-02-2012 07:03pm by lngrn36.)
20-02-2012 06:28pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WorldTraveler

Mi8 Sig says it all ....

This is my first experience with LR, I'v owned Mercedes/Audi/VW/Toyota/Opel(Vauxhall) & Ford through the years and I have always recieved superb service from the marques ... my wife's car at moment is a KIA Sportage we get excellent service from our local dealer (who is national) and have never had an issue with the car... oh and they delivered on time and kept us up to date on progress throughout the build/shipping process.

P.S. Mercedes even flew us out to Germany and put us in a 4* Hotel at NO cost to collect our car from the factory (after our FREE factory tour) ... LR have alot to learn .....

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
20-02-2012 07:26pm