Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LR Dealer refuses to give customer like for like loaner.........
sethor

RE: LR Dealer refuses to give customer like for like loaner.........

My local dealer has typically given me a Freelander/Disco Sport, I feel that these loan cars degrade the brand. They seem to lack the after sales service & support of other premium brands like BMW & Mercedes. Previously had a E350 Mercedes & was always given a demo vehicle which ranged from CLK/ML/C models, Which I assume they do to up sell/generate sales.

Fuji White Dynamic Si4
02-01-2016 03:26pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
markdartj

From what I read in these forums, there seems to be a large disparity between different dealerships as far as service is concerned. I can only speak for the dealership from whom I purchased and service my Evoque, and I have been generally quite pleased with how I am treated. The one time I had to leave my car overnight, they gave me a Jag XF loaner, which was nice (although I prefer my Evoque). The prices they charge for servicing is in my mind quite reasonable ($129.00 for 18mo. service, including oil change; that's 87.40 in GB money- a far cry from what I've heard that people on your side of the water pay). Perhaps there is greater competition here in the US for intro-luxury vehicles, and JLR only has a small segment of the market. I quite agree about all the Land Rover badging on my Range Rover Evoque. In US terms, It would be like putting Ford badging all over a Lincoln, or Chevy bowties all over a Cadillac. It's not so bad here, since any Land Rover tends to be perceived as an exotic vehicle in the US.

2014 Fuji White Pure PremiumWink
02-01-2016 05:47pm
wheels

(02-01-2016 05:47pm)markdartj Wrote:  From what I read in these forums, there seems to be a large disparity between different dealerships as far as service is concerned. I can only speak for the dealership from whom I purchased and service my Evoque, and I have been generally quite pleased with how I am treated. The one time I had to leave my car overnight, they gave me a Jag XF loaner, which was nice (although I prefer my Evoque). The prices they charge for servicing is in my mind quite reasonable ($129.00 for 18mo. service, including oil change; that's 87.40 in GB money- a far cry from what I've heard that people on your side of the water pay). Perhaps there is greater competition here in the US for intro-luxury vehicles, and JLR only has a small segment of the market. I quite agree about all the Land Rover badging on my Range Rover Evoque. In US terms, It would be like putting Ford badging all over a Lincoln, or Chevy bowties all over a Cadillac. It's not so bad here, since any Land Rover tends to be perceived as an exotic vehicle in the US.

Liked the comparisonVery Happy
03-01-2016 06:24am
scrannel

(30-12-2015 10:23am)tattoobob26 Wrote:  I had the same problem my evoque went in to the dealers and the courtesy car they were trying to give me was a Fiat. So I told them I'm not driving around in fiat. After a few phone calls he comes back to me and says I can get a alpha romeo here in 15 mins. I said that was no good either and made a right fuss about it eventually they found me a evoque. We are well within our rights to demand like for like and if your stubborn enough you'll get one.

Gotta laugh -- Fiats are considered "in", in So. California. (Most sold here are electric). They gave me one at the Jeep dealer when I dropped off my son's car. People waving at me -- felt like I was back in the '60s!

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
08-01-2016 04:38pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Fiat 500 is hugely popular in Europe too but we don't get an electric version here AFAIK! They are about to launch an Abarth version of the 500L and I read the other day that there might be an Arbath version of the 500X or whatevr the forthcoming offroad version is to be called. I'm waiting to see the new 124 drophead in the flesh, hopefully it will have a bit more character than it's new Mazda MX5 twin

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2016 11:02pm by XFullFatTim.)
08-01-2016 11:02pm
Daveparky

My 2015 Evoque has been in the garage for 2 months, due to,a problem with the HUD. My local dealer have given me a LR Disco TDV6, very nice car, very speedy, and sits on the road nicely. I have however added 4,500 miles to the clock

MY2015 RR Evoque, Dynamic, HUD, In-Control Apps, Firenze Red, Contrast Black Roof with Panoramic Roof. Keyless Entry
19-01-2016 08:25am