Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Winter she be a comin' (at least in the northern hemishere!)
PhilSkill

RE: Winter she be a comin' (at least in the northern hemishere!)

Ah yes the old Auto Wipers on... remembered mine this morning!

This was mentioned on the other forum, don't know if any better than Silicon Spray, but maybe better for the environment... if not your pocket.

gummi-pflege

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Einszett-Gummi-P...B007TNOQDI

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
19-01-2016 01:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The guys on RRSport say don't ever use that gummi-pflege stuff as they have found it can cause the rubber to perish. Pledge household spray furniture polish will add enough silicone to stop the rubbers freezing to the body but don't put it on the front screen! Spray Pledge onto a cloth first too or you get over spray on the car roof.......

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
19-01-2016 08:59pm
Pete

I just used some WD-40 silicone spray and that seems to work great for me. Found out that my wipe blade wasn't split in the end, must have been a twig I saw flapping around before (phew). -7C this morning was a bit crisp, a couple of water pipes in the country lanes around me have burst, so a bit of tip-toe was called for. Was missing my old heated steering wheel from my old RR this morning, that and the pre-heater.

Porsche Macan
20-01-2016 10:03am
XFullFatTim

The heated steering wheel is a godsend on cold mornings, I never had much luck with the cabin preheater that was fitted to my last L322 RR, it never seemed to warm the car up very much, I found the PTC heater in the Evoque to be much better for warming the cabin along with the heated seats and the steering wheel.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 20-01-2016 11:21am by XFullFatTim.)
20-01-2016 11:20am
Pete

the pre-heater used to work pretty well on my L322 (although it was a late 2012 model, it's possible it was a later revision than yours). On a cold morning like today, it would give me a fairly warm cabin and defrost the majority of the front windows). I have to say that the Evoque heats the interior quite a bit quicker than the RR did, I expect because there's a lot less interior to heat...!

The cooler was nice on a hot day as well. Damn, now I'm getting all sentimental, I loved that big grey hippo of a car.

Porsche Macan
20-01-2016 11:35am
XFullFatTim

My last L322 was a 2010MY TDV8 3.6 Vogue, lovely motor but after the TDv8 RRS Sport I had before it the FFRR had no brakes after being used to big Brembos all round! The Evoque heater doesn't use residual engine heat as the engine block is thermally very efficient and takes ages to heat up so LR fitted an electric heater system, Positive Temperature Coeffficient system, a modern developement of the old radiant bar convection heaters!

20-01-2016 07:53pm