Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon
QUATTROMAN

LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon

Just got back from the 1/2 day LRE today.
All I can say is Wow !!
Spent about 3 hours there -Started with usual Elf & Safety and then onto the technicallities of 4X4 Systems ranging from the Defender to RRS and comparisons with Evoque- Very intuitiative. The instructors know their stuff and were brilliant.
Then out side for an over view of the Evoque (Prestige auto SD4 ) Up with the bonnet showed us where all the levels were and explained all but the screen washer were suitable for operating at 45 degree angle.
Then onto a road drive for approx 45 mins showing real parking assist etc this is amazing to use in real life -only trouble was the cars behind thought you were an idiot trying to get into a space too small for the vehicle- unknown to them we had Park Assist- 3 seconds we were in a space I would have had trouble getting the Scirocco into.
Moving on- the off road experience was incredable -up slopes -down big slopes using HDC -very scary at first but have faith -it does what it says on the can. Then onto diferent tracks through a forrest using the various terrain response programmes- even more incredible- it was no effort what so ever following a RRS around.
These conditions were not completely soggy wet but there were a lot of wet leaves and tree roots -only slight wheel spin when 2 wheels lost traction after applying a little more power the diff coupling sorted out the cross axle slip and away we went -no drama whatsoever.
I am even more impressed by the Evoque now than I was before this morning.-Yes I have read most posts on here now and yes I was under the impression that this vehicle is expensive but it is not just a car, its a special 4x4 that has capabilities way beyond my driving ability-and if you do not use them then I believe you shouldnt be buying a Range Rover
get a Mercedes 220 or something like that.
This vehicle has got the road presence -the off road capability and the quality . The Dynamic has even got the ability of being a hot hatch (well mildly hot) not that I ve driven one yet -but I a m willing to wait how ever long it takes for my delivery because this is one hell of a car -show me another car that does all this - I dont think you can-
The off road abillity is a big part in my buying an Evoque as I use it for my job visiting quarries and various other off road areas where our plant is used. So Today I was impressed, very impressed -More impressed than the Freelander 2 HSE SD4 Auto I hired last week to do a 850 mile round trip from Devon to middle of Ireland via Holyhead in 3 days and when I got home I felt I could have done another 250 miles.

Fuji White 5 door Dynamic SD4 AUTO +LUX PACK + Adaptive Xenons -Built 22-12- 2011 - delivered 12-1-12
05-10-2011 04:09pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ytshome

RE: LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon

Nice assessment QuattroMan. Thanks for the info, Haven't tried anything more demanding than the farm yard at present!

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
05-10-2011 04:28pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Glad you enjoyed the LRE, they are a brilliant way to see what somebody else's Evoque can do when the going gets tough! Every Land Rover should be taken off road at some time, I think a lot more owners would appreciate just how good their car is and what it can do that BMW X's and Audi Q's don't stand a hope in hell of doing, if they did.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2011 05:09pm by XFullFatTim.)
05-10-2011 05:08pm
mark_n

Gosh, you must be excited, I count at least 12 spelling mistakes and that's before I get to bad grammar and worse punctuation. Still, we get the message that you like the car!

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
05-10-2011 05:40pm
QUATTROMAN

(05-10-2011 05:40pm)mark_n Wrote:  Gosh, you must be excited, I count at least 12 spelling mistakes and that's before I get to bad grammar and worse punctuation. Still, we get the message that you like the car!

I may well be banned after this,but hey ho, I will go and join Charlie...
Just maybe, your the type of person that should have bought a Mercedes...
I unfortunatly didn't have time to worry about the spelling or check my grammer(THATS FOR YOU mark_n), as I had 2 overseas calls to make and send off various drawings to India ref a large job we are running from the UK. Trying to get the ecconomy back on its feet - making stuff and exports and all that.

Now, I am not going to sink to your level and have a spat with someone I dont know from Adam, but you obviously have too much time on your hands to raise this in the first place. End Of !!
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2011 07:31pm by QUATTROMAN.)
05-10-2011 07:04pm
mark_n

Well, I was enjoying a beer in a bar in Seville while reading your post, so I was at least multi-tasking. Wink

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
05-10-2011 07:40pm
pureevoque

Your in a bar on holiday counting spelling mistakes

Confused

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
05-10-2011 08:21pm
Acwats

(05-10-2011 08:21pm)pureevoque Wrote:  Your in a bar on holiday counting spelling mistakes

Confused

I'll save Mark the trouble.. You mean: "You're" not "your". 7/10 Laughing

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
05-10-2011 08:31pm
pureevoque

Cheers acwats, he must of bin at the bar ordering to have mist that

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
05-10-2011 08:35pm
cutter7

(05-10-2011 08:35pm)pureevoque Wrote:  Cheers acwats, he must of bin at the bar ordering to have mist that

nice one..LaughingLaughing

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2011 08:38pm by cutter7.)
05-10-2011 08:36pm