babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon (/Thread-LAND-ROVER-EXPERIENCE-Wessington-Farm-in-Devon)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon - QUATTROMAN - 05-10-2011 04:09pm

Just got back from the 1/2 day LRE today.
All I can say is Wow !!
Spent about 3 hours there -Started with usual Elf & Safety and then onto the technicallities of 4X4 Systems ranging from the Defender to RRS and comparisons with Evoque- Very intuitiative. The instructors know their stuff and were brilliant.
Then out side for an over view of the Evoque (Prestige auto SD4 ) Up with the bonnet showed us where all the levels were and explained all but the screen washer were suitable for operating at 45 degree angle.
Then onto a road drive for approx 45 mins showing real parking assist etc this is amazing to use in real life -only trouble was the cars behind thought you were an idiot trying to get into a space too small for the vehicle- unknown to them we had Park Assist- 3 seconds we were in a space I would have had trouble getting the Scirocco into.
Moving on- the off road experience was incredable -up slopes -down big slopes using HDC -very scary at first but have faith -it does what it says on the can. Then onto diferent tracks through a forrest using the various terrain response programmes- even more incredible- it was no effort what so ever following a RRS around.
These conditions were not completely soggy wet but there were a lot of wet leaves and tree roots -only slight wheel spin when 2 wheels lost traction after applying a little more power the diff coupling sorted out the cross axle slip and away we went -no drama whatsoever.
I am even more impressed by the Evoque now than I was before this morning.-Yes I have read most posts on here now and yes I was under the impression that this vehicle is expensive but it is not just a car, its a special 4x4 that has capabilities way beyond my driving ability-and if you do not use them then I believe you shouldnt be buying a Range Rover
get a Mercedes 220 or something like that.
This vehicle has got the road presence -the off road capability and the quality . The Dynamic has even got the ability of being a hot hatch (well mildly hot) not that I ve driven one yet -but I a m willing to wait how ever long it takes for my delivery because this is one hell of a car -show me another car that does all this - I dont think you can-
The off road abillity is a big part in my buying an Evoque as I use it for my job visiting quarries and various other off road areas where our plant is used. So Today I was impressed, very impressed -More impressed than the Freelander 2 HSE SD4 Auto I hired last week to do a 850 mile round trip from Devon to middle of Ireland via Holyhead in 3 days and when I got home I felt I could have done another 250 miles.

RE: LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon - ytshome - 05-10-2011 04:28pm

Nice assessment QuattroMan. Thanks for the info, Haven't tried anything more demanding than the farm yard at present!

RE: LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon - XFullFatTim - 05-10-2011 05:08pm

Glad you enjoyed the LRE, they are a brilliant way to see what somebody else's Evoque can do when the going gets tough! Every Land Rover should be taken off road at some time, I think a lot more owners would appreciate just how good their car is and what it can do that BMW X's and Audi Q's don't stand a hope in hell of doing, if they did.

RE: LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon - mark_n - 05-10-2011 05:40pm

Gosh, you must be excited, I count at least 12 spelling mistakes and that's before I get to bad grammar and worse punctuation. Still, we get the message that you like the car!

RE: LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon - QUATTROMAN - 05-10-2011 07:04pm

(05-10-2011 05:40pm)mark_n Wrote:  Gosh, you must be excited, I count at least 12 spelling mistakes and that's before I get to bad grammar and worse punctuation. Still, we get the message that you like the car!

I may well be banned after this,but hey ho, I will go and join Charlie...
Just maybe, your the type of person that should have bought a Mercedes...
I unfortunatly didn't have time to worry about the spelling or check my grammer(THATS FOR YOU mark_n), as I had 2 overseas calls to make and send off various drawings to India ref a large job we are running from the UK. Trying to get the ecconomy back on its feet - making stuff and exports and all that.

Now, I am not going to sink to your level and have a spat with someone I dont know from Adam, but you obviously have too much time on your hands to raise this in the first place. End Of !!

RE: LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon - mark_n - 05-10-2011 07:40pm

Well, I was enjoying a beer in a bar in Seville while reading your post, so I was at least multi-tasking. Wink

RE: LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon - pureevoque - 05-10-2011 08:21pm

Your in a bar on holiday counting spelling mistakes

Confused

RE: LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon - Acwats - 05-10-2011 08:31pm

(05-10-2011 08:21pm)pureevoque Wrote:  Your in a bar on holiday counting spelling mistakes

Confused

I'll save Mark the trouble.. You mean: "You're" not "your". 7/10 Laughing

RE: LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon - pureevoque - 05-10-2011 08:35pm

Cheers acwats, he must of bin at the bar ordering to have mist that

RE: LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon - cutter7 - 05-10-2011 08:36pm

(05-10-2011 08:35pm)pureevoque Wrote:  Cheers acwats, he must of bin at the bar ordering to have mist that

nice one..LaughingLaughing