Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Jaguar F-Pace
RacingSnake

RE: Jaguar F-Pace

Just on that engine point.... how can Jag get those engines in the f-pace, yet we're 'stuck' with the lack-lustre selection in the evoques?
ANy opportunity to open up the engine range now?
a 380ps engine in the evoque would be awesome Very Happy

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
(This post was last modified: 15-09-2015 09:58am by RacingSnake.)
15-09-2015 09:57am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tony

(15-09-2015 09:57am)RacingSnake Wrote:  Just on that engine point.... how can Jag get those engines in the f-pace, yet we're 'stuck' with the lack-lustre selection in the evoques?
ANy opportunity to open up the engine range now?
a 380ps engine in the evoque would be awesome Very Happy

It won't fit is the short answer, Evoques designers did not think far enough ahead, or, it was always the plan leaving the F Pace as the 'sporty' option in the JLR line up.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
15-09-2015 11:31am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

LR must have had to do some reengineering to make the Ingenium engines fit otherwise the front end would not have had a facelift so it is surprising if LR has decided that the V6's aren't for Evoque, especially after all the postings on this forum that people would happily buy one instead of a weedy 2.0l gas or course 2.0l diesel engine.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
15-09-2015 01:41pm
Tony

Not really bothered what engine options 'could or should' be fitted to the Evoque. After nearly 4 years with two disappointing Evoques a better engine won't fix the rattles and poor build quality, its time to more on.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
(This post was last modified: 15-09-2015 02:15pm by Tony.)
15-09-2015 01:59pm
XFullFatTim

Oh so true Tony, but it looks like Solihull isn't immune from quality control problems at the moment with cars that should have been fitted with AHBA specced not getting an operational system when their car is delivered and the problem with diesel fuel sloshing in the tank at certain levels in the tank that has been a known problem for over a year not being fixed with a redesigned tank but a halfcock "fix" carried out at the dealership only when a customer reports it. I believe that the F Pace is also built at the LR Solihull factory........

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 16-09-2015 09:05am by XFullFatTim.)
16-09-2015 09:02am
Tony

Yes Tim, its all this that is making me think of cancelling at the 11th hour. On AHBA, did not spec it on the RRS, have it on the Evoque and its the most dangerous accessory I have ever had on a car. As you know there is not a lot of night time traffic where I live but the problem with AHBA is this:- you are approaching a corner on high beam, the system picks up the reflective chevron corner sign and at the critical moment of entering the bend it plunges you into darkness AKA dipped beam.

16-09-2015 09:08am
Evo-king

Oh bother, just replied on another F-Pace topic, my answers may be here.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
20-09-2015 06:41pm
XFullFatTim

I was standing across the road from the Ace Cafe in North London at lunchtime today when a very heavily disguised LHD F-Pace drove passed (registered on a 64 plate too).......... there happened to also be a Black Porsche Macan parked on the roadside where the Jaguar stopped at the traffic lights waiitng to turn down onto the northbound North Circular Road. Now my fears are confirmed............ Jaguar might have tried too hard to make it perform like the Macan and ended up making it look like one as well, a Macan with a stretched body and a big gaping "mouth" for the front grille................ and one with a distinctly Porsche tailgate design, not at all nice in my eyes.

26-09-2015 06:02pm