babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Jaguar F-Pace - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Site News & Chat (/Forum-Site-News-Chat)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (/Forum-Off-Topic)
+---- Forum: Other Vehicles (/Forum-Other-Vehicles)
+---- Thread: Jaguar F-Pace (/Thread-Jaguar-F-Pace)

Pages: 1 2 3

Jaguar F-Pace - Sarcastrix - 04-09-2015 01:24pm

New F-PACE is set to be on sale from spring 2016
Will cost between £35k and £50k as it targets 'Jag Dads'
Set to be built in Solihull in yet another boost for British car-making

To be unveiled: Frankfurt Motor Show this month.
On sale: From Spring 2016
Price: £35,000 to £50,000
Built: Solihull, near Birmingham
Length: 15ft 6in
Width: 6ft 5in
Height: 5ft 5in
Top speed: 186mph
CO2 emissions: Under 100g/km
Fuel efficiency: 70 mpg Laughing
Doors: Five (including hatchback)
Seats: Five
Style: Jaguar’s first all-wheel-drive crossover with extra all-weather grip technology
Engines: New generation of frugal ‘green’ Ingenium 2.0 litre 4 cylinder diesel engines built at new £355million engine plant Wolverhampton. (Petrol version expected to follow) Also powerful 3.0 litre V6 from new Jaguar F-Type sports car.
Target audience: Sporty school-run MILF's and ‘Jag Dads’.

http://www.jaguar.co.uk/jaguar-range/f-pace/f-pace.html

[Image: jaguar-f-pace-00.jpg]

RE: Jaguar F-Pace - Evo-king - 04-09-2015 02:41pm

Target audience.

Me.Very Happy

RE: Jaguar F-Pace - XFullFatTim - 04-09-2015 05:52pm

I bet it won't do 70mpg and 186mph both from the same 2.0l Ingenium engine..........
It should just about have had the rattles and "characteristics" ironed out by the time I'm ready for the optional pipe rack and tartan slippers pack that are a pre-requisite for Jaguar ownership............ I'm sure also it will be available in the colour that Land Rover calls Aruba but to the rest of us is really metallic Beige............
I don't see it achieving what Jaguar hopes it will.......... reduce the age profile of Jaguar owners, I doubt that it will appeal to the thrusting young guns that JLR hopes will rush to dump their BMW X3's and X5's to buy one, although if it is available with the 550 BHP V8 S/C motor and costs less than £50,000 in that version then they might just achieve their target owners.

RE: Jaguar F-Pace - Sarcastrix - 04-09-2015 06:00pm

70 mpg will be for the hybrid version (to be built in Austria) and as for the 186 mph... someones fantasy.

RE: Jaguar F-Pace - Tony - 04-09-2015 06:17pm

The F Pace is growing on me but I don't think I would want the 2lt four cylinder engine, have read nothing about using the 3lt V6 diesel.

Specs and prices are released on 14th Sept, if it looks promissing I may cancel the RRS as I am being p155ed about by the dealer. Problem is Jag dealers are said to be generally worse than LR dealers and I would have to keep this hated Evoque until next year.

RE: Jaguar F-Pace - Earl grey - 04-09-2015 10:08pm

(04-09-2015 06:17pm)Tony Wrote:  The F Pace is growing on me but I don't think I would want the 2lt four cylinder engine, have read nothing about using the 3lt V6 diesel.

Specs and prices are released on 14th Sept, if it looks promissing I may cancel the RRS as I am being p155ed about by the dealer. Problem is Jag dealers are said to be generally worse than LR dealers and I would have to keep this hated Evoque until next year.

Tony, if you want an excellent Jag dealership I would recommend Sturgess of Leicester...worth travelling for.

RE: Jaguar F-Pace - Tony - 04-09-2015 10:40pm

(04-09-2015 10:08pm)Earl grey Wrote:  Tony, if you want an excellent Jag dealership I would recommend Sturgess of Leicester...worth travelling for.

Thanks, I know Sturgess from when worked down there, had not delt with their Jag side but LR were very good. Unfortunately they are about 550 miles from where I live now but if necessary would be worth the travel.

RE: Jaguar F-Pace - morey000 - 05-09-2015 02:51pm

Pretty. Looks Macan-ish.

RE: Jaguar F-Pace - Tony - 05-09-2015 03:11pm

I think the Macan looks like a Citroen Cactus but the Jag does have one advantage, it does not have a Porsche badge on it.

RE: Jaguar F-Pace - XFullFatTim - 07-09-2015 06:30pm

I read in the Driving section of the Sunday Times yesterday that it will not have a very sophisticated AWD system, not even as clever as DS/Evoque as there won't be anything like the TR system, and they say that the 2WD version will be RWD.