Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Interior LED/Ambient Light Locations
goldenboi79

Interior LED/Ambient Light Locations

Hi there!

I am new to the forums, and am excited to be getting my new MY13 Prestige in the new few weeks. I noticed when test driving it that the colour changing ambient light LEDs were located in the front door armrests, and in the cubby/pass-through under the centre dash. Are there any other locations where these user-selectable lights occur?

Also, I notice that in all the marketing photos I have seen of the interior that there appear to be either white or blue LEDs in the chrome interior door handles. I didn't notice these in the Prestige I was test driving. I was wondering if these are not equipped if a car has the ambient lighting option? Or possibly I just didn't notice them in the day light. I have looked about online but haven't had any luck in nailing down the actual locations of interior LEDs.

Any help from current owners would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

Peter in Vancouver, BC

2013 Range Rover Evoque Si4 Prestige: 5 Door, Santorini Black, Tan Interior, Cold Weather Package, Park Assist, 20" Style 6 Wheels.

Build date: 21 August 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
27-11-2012 08:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
slee18

RE: Interior LED/Ambient Light Locations

Welcome goldenboi

those are only areas the ambient lights are located.

Only the front door handles have the white led in them. The headlights or parking lights need to be on for you to see them. They are very subtle and dont change with the ambient lights

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
27-11-2012 08:45pm
gw76

Dont mean to burst your LED bubble, but they're rubbish ! Ive forgotton about them, never play with them, and can barely see them ! Shame no passengers have ever even commented. LR could have done so much better, so easily !
27-11-2012 09:25pm
ChuckieB

Just been flicking through my brochure and you're not imagining things. They do show ambient lighting as you have mentioned! Another con on the part of LR marketing me thinks!

Most definitely as slee18 has indicated I'm afraid.

There are a couple of extra whilte leds in the roof above he centre console. Serve no purpose as far as I can see, even when the dash illumination is turned up to its highest.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
27-11-2012 11:58pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Today I looked at the new L405 Range Rover and the ambient lighting in that is superb, especially the rich blue I saw in an all black interior Sdv8 Autobiography Executive ( LR seak for the 4 seat option) at £107,000............. Along the transmission tunnel is a hairs width (fibre optic??) lighting band and the ambient/ mood lights are far better integrated than the Evoque's piddly isolated LEDs. I'm not a huge fan of totally black interiors ( even though I have it on mine, the Pano roof makes it lovely and light inside) and the pano roof blind was closed, the interior is simply stunning especially in the 4 seater version. Lookers demo car is also in stunning Causeway Grey................ Oh to have £107000 to spend on a rock climbing, mud plugging off road limousine!! I see that Car magazine has declared it the Worlds best car after comparing it to a Rolls Royce Phantom, Bentley Mulsanne, Aston Martin Rapide and the Ferarri FF....... They reckon beats them all hands down and saves you £100k in the process, also none of the others can venture off the tar with any style or comfort!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 28-11-2012 12:25am by XFullFatTim.)
28-11-2012 12:22am
cjfp

(27-11-2012 08:45pm)slee18 Wrote:  Welcome goldenboi

those are only areas the ambient lights are located.

Only the front door handles have the white led in them. The headlights or parking lights need to be on for you to see them. They are very subtle and dont change with the ambient lights

Don't forget the two little white leds up by the courtesy / map lights

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
28-11-2012 12:33am
ChuckieB

(28-11-2012 12:33am)cjfp Wrote:  Don't forget the two little white leds up by the courtesy / map lights

Yes they're the ones I was meaning. Totally useless!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
(This post was last modified: 28-11-2012 12:38am by ChuckieB.)
28-11-2012 12:37am
XFullFatTim

Has anybody found the "waterfall" light yet? I noticed it the other night for the first time - never knew it was there but both my RRS's and my last FFRR had one.........
Next time you are night driving just pass your hand below the mirror and you will see it on the back of your hand, it neatly illuminates the smokers pack if you have one but is not noticeable in normal driving at night.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 28-11-2012 12:41am by XFullFatTim.)
28-11-2012 12:38am
J77

[Image: 69ef41a4e93b4871a58cade188c0fad8.jpg]

A lot better on the new Range Rover than on the Evoque, more shades to choose from. It's something I would like to see improved on the Evoque.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
28-11-2012 12:42am
XFullFatTim

Something for the 2015 facelift?

28-11-2012 12:46am