Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Interior LED/Ambient Light Locations
The Valeter

RE: Interior LED/Ambient Light Locations

(28-11-2012 12:37am)ChuckieB Wrote:  Yes they're the ones I was meaning. Totally useless!

Don't think I have ever seen these!

(28-11-2012 12:38am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Has anybody found the "waterfall" light yet? I noticed it the other night for the first time - never knew it was there but both my RRS's and my last FFRR had one.........
Next time you are night driving just pass your hand below the mirror and you will see it on the back of your hand, it neatly illuminates the smokers pack if you have one but is not noticeable in normal driving at night.

Never seen this either.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 28-11-2012 01:17am by The Valeter.)
28-11-2012 01:15am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
goldenboi79

Thanks for all your responses guys. Makes more sense now. I currently have a Ford Fusion sedan which has ridiculously bright user-selecteable ambient lighting all over the car (footwells, glovebox, dash, etc.), and was quite frankly hoping it wouldn't be that noticeable given that this is supposed to be a more refined vehicle. My '02 Jaguar X-type had very subtle amber waterfall lighting which I much preferred. It is quite true that you didn't notice it except on incredibly dark stretches of road with no street lamps, but it felt much more tasteful. That said the boy-racer part of me will miss the colourful interior LEDs Wink

2013 Range Rover Evoque Si4 Prestige: 5 Door, Santorini Black, Tan Interior, Cold Weather Package, Park Assist, 20" Style 6 Wheels.

Build date: 21 August 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
28-11-2012 01:46am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
eddkawasaki

(28-11-2012 12:46am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Something for the 2015 facelift?

yeah, along with adaptive cruise and a retractable towbar Laughing

SD4 Dynamic Lux, 5 Door, Firenze Red, Ebony Interior, Black headlining, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Aeroflip Spoiler, Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel, Adaptive Xenons, TPMS & Spare wheel
Order Date: 14th May 2012
Build date: approx 5th Oct 2012
Delivery Date: Should be 22nd Oct
Actual delivery: 31st Oct

[Image: 151436.png]
28-11-2012 07:14am
slee18

(28-11-2012 12:33am)cjfp Wrote:  Don't forget the two little white leds up by the courtesy / map lights
ah yes the cup holder lights Smile

I attached a picture of the door handles at night

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
28-11-2012 09:20pm
NightFox

Don't know if this is a thing they improved with the MY13, but my ambient lighting is very noticeable. The coloured lighting is unmissable at the two sides of the front footwells. On my Pure these triangles are aluminium, which obviously reflects the light. Are they different material on other models (e.g. same as the dashboard trim)?

The door handle coloured lighting isn't quite as obvious, but it's still clearly visible, as is the white door handle lighting which is brighter to the extent that I found the passengers door quite distracting when I was driving in the dark as I could see it illuminated out of the corner of my eye. Got used to it after a few miles though.

I presume the cascade/waterfall lighting is the two very small recessed lights in the roof panel (behind the main cabin lights)? These seem to do a good job of throwing a subtle level of ambient white light over the area where the gear lever etc is.

I was expecting the ambient lighting to be much worse from what I'd read, my only real criticisms are that there's none at all in the back as far as I can tell, and there's hardly any difference between the 5 different colours, they all seem to come out as either the same blue or red.

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
29-11-2012 02:16pm
WB
WB

(29-11-2012 02:16pm)NightFox Wrote:  Don't know if this is a thing they improved with the MY13, but my ambient lighting is very noticeable. The coloured lighting is unmissable at the two sides of the front footwells. On my Pure these triangles are aluminium, which obviously reflects the light. Are they different material on other models (e.g. same as the dashboard trim)?

The door handle coloured lighting isn't quite as obvious, but it's still clearly visible, as is the white door handle lighting which is brighter to the extent that I found the passengers door quite distracting when I was driving in the dark as I could see it illuminated out of the corner of my eye. Got used to it after a few miles though.

I presume the cascade/waterfall lighting is the two very small recessed lights in the roof panel (behind the main cabin lights)? These seem to do a good job of throwing a subtle level of ambient white light over the area where the gear lever etc is.

I was expecting the ambient lighting to be much worse from what I'd read, my only real criticisms are that there's none at all in the back as far as I can tell, and there's hardly any difference between the 5 different colours, they all seem to come out as either the same blue or red.

Thats interesting I don't think I ever noticed coloured footwell lighting on my MY12 - I thought that was just a white light. I'll have to check on the 13 car when I eventually get it.

The pink and pale blue settings I think just mix the white with blue or red so they're not very different.
29-11-2012 05:26pm
NightFox

(29-11-2012 05:26pm)WB Wrote:  Thats interesting I don't think I ever noticed coloured footwell lighting on my MY12 - I thought that was just a white light. I'll have to check on the 13 car when I eventually get it.

The pink and pale blue settings I think just mix the white with blue or red so they're not very different.

I might be causing some confusion here, I'm on about the coloured ambient lighting in the triangular trimmed cut-out feature to the left of the drivers pedals (RHD), not any 'spread' lighting in the footwell. I'll try to take some pics in a bit.

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror

29-11-2012 05:55pm
goldenboi79

From what I have seen, all models have the aluminium trim around the "pass through cubby" under the dash. This reflects the ambient lighting there and makes it the most noticeable location for it. How much you can see it in the door arm rests seems to depend on the colour of the leather.

2013 Range Rover Evoque Si4 Prestige: 5 Door, Santorini Black, Tan Interior, Cold Weather Package, Park Assist, 20" Style 6 Wheels.

Build date: 21 August 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
29-11-2012 05:58pm
NightFox

Here's the bit I was on about. It's always a bit tricky trying to take accurate photos of lighting, but this is pretty close if a little bit brighter than it is in reality. The coloured lighting in the door handles (ebony trim) is more subtle and maybe could be a bit brighter against the non-reflective black, but you can still clearly see it and the brighter white lighting in the handle pulls.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

29-11-2012 06:13pm
doug

It's known as the "fire place".

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
29-11-2012 06:22pm