Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Im worried
Big G

RE: Im worried

(28-02-2012 09:12pm)PAT Wrote:  What's better in the snow, an Evoque or a Panda?

There's only one way to find out...............

Thud

Fight !!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
28-02-2012 11:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
normangt

Im worried

I've lived in the states for 10 years and I don't think it's a cultural thing.
The best way I can explain this is that I am not putting the Evoque down . On the contrary I'm challenging it. When you go to buy a car and "kick the tyres" your not upset with the car!
Any way ... It looks as if I've bought one anyway....!
28-02-2012 11:53pm
Ranger4

(28-02-2012 05:53pm)Token Wrote:  Ridiculous test...different tyres change everything. If anyone isn't convinced, take a trip to the Alps and see all the rear wheel drive cars (that are known for being terrible in snow) dealing with the conditions because they have winter tyres on, whilst some of the 4 wheel drive cars have to stop to put chains on because they have summer tyres.

I'm pretty sure that in those conditions, I could run quicker in wellies than Usain Bolt in leather soled shoes!

Completely agree. I've driven VW vans, Mondeos and the like at speed on snow and ice and they've coped perfectly fine because of the studded winter tyres.

5 door, SD4 Auto, Dynamic LUX, Orkney Grey, Verve Interior, Ebony Headlining, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel......
29-02-2012 12:43am
Cedric

(28-02-2012 11:53pm)normangt Wrote:  I've lived in the states for 10 years and I don't think it's a cultural thing.
The best way I can explain this is that I am not putting the Evoque down . On the contrary I'm challenging it. When you go to buy a car and "kick the tyres" your not upset with the car!

No deep snow, but still my favourite evoque movie in winter action. I don't think the panda can do this.
29-02-2012 11:44am
DefLeppard

(28-02-2012 09:12pm)PAT Wrote:  What's better in the snow, an Evoque or a Panda?

There's only one way to find out...............

Thud

This post had me confused, then laughing at it, then laughing at myself for my stupidity!

We don't have Fiat Panda's here.....so when I first read this post , visual image of an Evoque and an Actual Panda - (as in the black and white furry animal) , racing through the snow, popped into my head.

Then....about 2 minutes later it dawned on me Embarrassed

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
29-02-2012 01:25pm
Firenze

I think Pat is also referring to a comedy TV programme over here where they have odd things fighting each other to see whats best, its called Harry Hills TV Burp if you wanted to find it on youtube

Firenze Dynamic Si4, Pano roof, Verve, Ebony headliner, Black Strata, Privacy glass, Lux Pack - Enjoying since 7/3/12
29-02-2012 01:30pm
PAT

(29-02-2012 01:30pm)Firenze Wrote:  I think Pat is also referring to a comedy TV programme over here where they have odd things fighting each other to see whats best, its called Harry Hills TV Burp if you wanted to find it on youtube

I sure was Thumbs Up
(29-02-2012 01:25pm)DefLeppard Wrote:  This post had me confused, then laughing at it, then laughing at myself for my stupidity!

We don't have Fiat Panda's here.....so when I first read this post , visual image of an Evoque and an Actual Panda - (as in the black and white furry animal) , racing through the snow, popped into my head.

Then....about 2 minutes later it dawned on me Embarrassed

LaughingLaughingLaughing I can see where your coming from so unless you've seen Harry Hill's TV burp it wouldn't make much sense.

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
(This post was last modified: 29-02-2012 02:09pm by PAT.)
29-02-2012 02:07pm
lngrn36

(28-02-2012 11:53pm)normangt Wrote:  I've lived in the states for 10 years and I don't think it's a cultural thing.

I don't think you should be worried. I've tried some maneuvers in the Evoque that would have had my wife's Hummer spinning wildly.
Your probably right about the cultural thing, maybe it's just that this forum has so many "salesmen" as members that it's hard to weed out real concerns vs fiction.

I do think this car presents a dilemma. Should I put off road tires on it and ruin the look for winter weather or leave on the good looking summer set and keep my fingers crossed!
Cheers!

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
29-02-2012 02:21pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cedric

No idea what the guy says, but there is action in the snow with a proper set of tyres if you ask me.
29-02-2012 09:42pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I think looking at the way the snow collected between the spokes of those style 4 wheels I wouldn't be putting winter tyres on them, they would go out of balance quite quickly with the weight of frozen snow between the spokes giving accelerated tyre wear. A more open design of alloys may be better for winter use.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2012 08:13am by XFullFatTim.)
29-02-2012 11:29pm