Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Im worried
Craig_d1

RE: Im worried

(28-02-2012 04:14pm)normangt Wrote:  Like we got in Scotland last year!
Get the 18 or 19in alloys with the Pirelli Scorpion Mud and Snow tyres.....sorted
(This post was last modified: 28-02-2012 05:12pm by Craig_d1.)
28-02-2012 05:12pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Token

Ridiculous test...different tyres change everything. If anyone isn't convinced, take a trip to the Alps and see all the rear wheel drive cars (that are known for being terrible in snow) dealing with the conditions because they have winter tyres on, whilst some of the 4 wheel drive cars have to stop to put chains on because they have summer tyres.

I'm pretty sure that in those conditions, I could run quicker in wellies than Usain Bolt in leather soled shoes!

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
28-02-2012 05:53pm
THEMACS

(28-02-2012 02:19pm)normangt Wrote:  I'm a bit worried about the evoques performance in the snow. Do you think he was using the "snow setting"? On some video's you do see it handle well.

However when you watch this

at 1:59 onwards

Its a bit dissapointing considering my current Panda can do this:

I created a post re this a couple of weeks ago when it was first posted.

The main thing as EVERYONE here as posted is its do do with the Tyres. Sure it doesn't have the same ground clearance but from what I have seen, and believe me, I reckon I have watched Every Single Youtube clip on the Evoque (No Joke), it is Fantastic off road. Certainly good enough for what you will be using it for I am sure, so Chill......Very Happy Or Get a Defender with Serious M&S Tyres if you want to go up Ben NevisLaughingLaughing
(This post was last modified: 28-02-2012 07:16pm by THEMACS.)
28-02-2012 06:07pm
Sarcastrix

Get a Unimog and be done with.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
28-02-2012 06:11pm
WorldTraveler

Check this out ...

Evoque Vs MB GL in Moscow conditions ...

http://youtu.be/EKfYPRCXx80

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
28-02-2012 07:01pm
lngrn36

Maybe it's because I'm raised in America, maybe it's just me. It seems that a lot of post on this forum are negative about the Evoque. This is my first time buying for LR and first time on a forum that seems hell bent on pouting out every flaw about a product built where my ancestors are from. I've been a member of forums for every vehicle I've owned. On every one of those forums wheels exchanged helpful hints of fix things are buy and sell parts, or talk performance upgrades.
This idea of perusing different threads only to find negative videos and reports instead of building camaraderie is new to me.
I guess I'll just be more careful before opening some threads.
Oh, and I'll just skip over calling you some names we know here in the states...
Mad

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
(This post was last modified: 28-02-2012 10:49pm by lngrn36.)
28-02-2012 07:13pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Coolbanana

(28-02-2012 07:01pm)WorldTraveler Wrote:  Check this out ...

Evoque Vs MB GL in Moscow conditions ...

http://youtu.be/EKfYPRCXx80

The Evoque looks very impressive in the snow in that video! When they get to the deeper snow it is going uphill in stuff we won't see down South. It cruised through virgin snow that went halfway up the wheel with no probs too - better than I imagined the Evoque would be actually. Cool

In the end it highlighted that the Evoque is hampered only by its ground clearance; its 4x4 abilities are very good.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
(This post was last modified: 28-02-2012 08:38pm by Coolbanana.)
28-02-2012 08:33pm
normangt

Im worried

To ingrn36

I'm not sure if you understand some British terms but when I read your last comment the word "knob" comes to mind.

If you bother to look at other topics such as orders you'll see I've ordered an Evoque. No positive comments on that post only negative in others.

Someone's asking about an Evoque versus a BMW 520d why don't you go and haunt them!

Enough said.
28-02-2012 08:55pm
PAT

What's better in the snow, an Evoque or a Panda?

There's only one way to find out...............

Thud

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
28-02-2012 09:12pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Pat it would be a very close run thing! Panda 4x4's are quite highly regarded and no longer made. They don't offer the luxury, but then they cost a fraction of the cost.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
28-02-2012 09:21pm