Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I-10 and Gessner - Houston, TX
Broadsword1959

I-10 and Gessner - Houston, TX

Spotted a nice Fuji Prestige heading onto I-10 East this morning from Gessner.

looks like there are more arriving in Houston.

Pure, SD4, Manual, Baltic Blue, Ebony Interior, Tech Pack, Xenon Headlights, Folding Mirrors / Puddle Lights, Front Fog Lights, Reversing Camera
[Image: 124096.png]
21-03-2012 03:55pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lngrn36

RE: I-10 and Gessner - Houston, TX

Where do you work? Are you vacationing? I work in the energy corridor (just west of that intersection) and bought mine from LR Houston (just east of Gessner)

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
21-03-2012 05:34pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Broadsword1959

(21-03-2012 05:34pm)lngrn36 Wrote:  Where do you work? Are you vacationing? I work in the energy corridor (just west of that intersection) and bought mine from LR Houston (just east of Gessner)

Work for Cameron on Beltway. Going back to UK to pick mine up on April 19th. Spend 2 months at a time in Houston then a couple of weeks in UK. Usually get Jeep Grand Cherokee from Avis during my time in US. Need that to head to ranch for hunting

Pure, SD4, Manual, Baltic Blue, Ebony Interior, Tech Pack, Xenon Headlights, Folding Mirrors / Puddle Lights, Front Fog Lights, Reversing Camera
21-03-2012 09:25pm
lngrn36

(21-03-2012 09:25pm)Broadsword1959 Wrote:  Work for Cameron on Beltway. Going back to UK to pick mine up on April 19th. Spend 2 months at a time in Houston then a couple of weeks in UK. Usually get Jeep Grand Cherokee from Avis during my time in US. Need that to head to ranch for hunting

Ha! We live worlds away and work ten miles apart. Interested in pics of the Evoque after delivery!
Very Happy

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Climate package
Satellite Radio
21-03-2012 10:21pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
eric

lngrn36,

You have exactly what I want to order. Are there more pictures of your Evoque? It looks good from your profile picture!

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of pricing did you get? lease/buy?
06-04-2012 08:31am
lngrn36

(06-04-2012 08:31am)eric Wrote:  lngrn36,

You have exactly what I want to order. Are there more pictures of your Evoque? It looks good from your profile picture!

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of pricing did you get? lease/buy?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67601049@N00/
Evoque pics

About $45000

The only LR dealer I would use is LR Houston on Old Katy

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Climate package
Satellite Radio
07-04-2012 03:14am
PigLauncher

(21-03-2012 09:25pm)Broadsword1959 Wrote:  Work for Cameron on Beltway. Going back to UK to pick mine up on April 19th. Spend 2 months at a time in Houston then a couple of weeks in UK. Usually get Jeep Grand Cherokee from Avis during my time in US. Need that to head to ranch for hunting

I am hiring one for my tour of California in August. Any good?

Manual Dynamic, Firenze, Chrome Shadows, Santorini Pano,Verve,Ebony Headliner,Lux Pack, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons.TPMS. June the 20th.
07-04-2012 10:49am
Broadsword1959

(07-04-2012 10:49am)PigLauncher Wrote:  I am hiring one for my tour of California in August. Any good?

Pig Launcher

Believe it or not the Jeep Grand Cherokee is pretty good. I usually get the Loredo or Loredo X model. All leather, good space in back and for luggage (how many in your party?)
6.5" touch screen for sat-nav, radio etc, reversing camera, dipping mirrors in reverse, memory seats, sun roof with 2 sections - one that opens. Dual climate control, good AC, keyless entry and push button start.
It's reasonable on long Interstate drives and has been good off road when I have been hunting on friends ranch (more mud and ruts than rock and gravel)

It amazes me how many on this forum are in Oil and Gas exploration (ok you are more production). I keep getting pigging teams out on my test sites for pigging loop test on Subsea Manifolds and PLEMS etc

I am off to Australia for summer (work) and hope Avis can get me a decent 4 x 4 in Perth

07-04-2012 01:30pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

When I rented a big SUV from Avis in Aussie I was given their "standard" SUV - Mitsubishi Pajero (aka Shogun in the UK and Europe) - it was an awful thing after driving RRS's and FFRR's a lot.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2012 01:51pm by XFullFatTim.)
07-04-2012 01:43pm
PigLauncher

(07-04-2012 01:30pm)Broadsword1959 Wrote:  Pig Launcher

Believe it or not the Jeep Grand Cherokee is pretty good. I usually get the Loredo or Loredo X model. All leather, good space in back and for luggage (how many in your party?)
6.5" touch screen for sat-nav, radio etc, reversing camera, dipping mirrors in reverse, memory seats, sun roof with 2 sections - one that opens. Dual climate control, good AC, keyless entry and push button start.
It's reasonable on long Interstate drives and has been good off road when I have been hunting on friends ranch (more mud and ruts than rock and gravel)

It amazes me how many on this forum are in Oil and Gas exploration (ok you are more production). I keep getting pigging teams out on my test sites for pigging loop test on Subsea Manifolds and PLEMS etc

I am off to Australia for summer (work) and hope Avis can get me a decent 4 x 4 in Perth

Thanks for the insight on the GJC. One quick question about the sat nav if you don’t mind. I have compiled a list of zip codes to navigate my chosen routes around California. On longer drives such as Monterey to LA I have selected several using some as way points to stay on the scenic roads. The thing is USA zip codes cover quite a wide area so may put you within a few blocks of your chosen destination only. If I wanted a specific hotel such as the Bellagio in Vegas will GJC’s sat nav pick this out by typing in the name?
I am offshore Azerbaijan right now working as the Responsible Electrical Person for BP. I use the pseudonym PigLauncher on most websites as it conjures up a strange image for anyone not in the offshore game.

Manual Dynamic, Firenze, Chrome Shadows, Santorini Pano,Verve,Ebony Headliner,Lux Pack, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons.TPMS. June the 20th.
08-04-2012 03:40am