Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to enable parking lights
Rein

How to enable parking lights

Is it me, or can I just not find a way to put the parkinglights on when I have left and locked the vehicle? This in case of parking alongside the road when it is dark?
On my BMW and MINI I can just put the indicator stalk (when ignition off) in the up or down position for resp. the left or right parking light.
The battery of the evoque can't be that bad that they deleted this option Shocked

Blacked-out Evoque Cool

Santorini black, 5dr, dynamic, SD4 auto
Mods: My Evoque Topic
(This post was last modified: 31-12-2013 03:22pm by Rein.)
31-12-2013 03:21pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
funguf

RE: How to enable parking lights

(31-12-2013 03:21pm)Rein Wrote:  Is it me, or can I just not find a way to put the parkinglights on when I have left and locked the vehicle? This in case of parking alongside the road when it is dark?
On my BMW and MINI I can just put the indicator stalk (when ignition off) in the up or down position for resp. the left or right parking light.
The battery of the evoque can't be that bad that they deleted this option Shocked

See the "Vehicle Set-up" option on the instrument panel menu. It's the "Headlamp delay" setting you need I believe.

SD4 Pure Tech Manual, 5 Door, Fuji White with Black Contrast Roof, Black Grille/Vents/Mirror Caps, Pure Style Pack, Privacy Glass, Mud Flaps.
02-01-2014 09:44am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rein

I think this only has 3 intervals, not an "always on" option. But I will check it. Thanks

Blacked-out Evoque Cool

02-01-2014 10:10am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

Didn't even know it had a parking light option?

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
03-01-2014 12:03am
PhilSkill

They're not parking lights really, they're for keeping the lights on while you walk to your door so you're not left in the pitch black once you lock the car, although I've never enabled it so could be wrong.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
03-01-2014 02:52pm
RacingSnake

Yeah, that's what the first reply is talking about which is not what the OP is talking about Neutral

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
03-01-2014 03:09pm
Rein

I'll drop the dealer a line. Let you guys and girls know as soon as I find out.

Blacked-out Evoque Cool

03-01-2014 05:42pm
BFGEvoqueMan

(31-12-2013 03:21pm)Rein Wrote:  Is it me, or can I just not find a way to put the parkinglights on when I have left and locked the vehicle? This in case of parking alongside the road when it is dark?

There are none as these things are not required in the UK, so unlike German manufacturers who fit them as they are required in Germany, they are not fitted. All you can do is to out the "sidelights on", but since they are all LED the power drain should be marginal. QuestionQuestion

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
05-01-2014 10:15am