babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
How to enable parking lights - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: How to enable parking lights (/Thread-How-to-enable-parking-lights)

How to enable parking lights - Rein - 31-12-2013 03:21pm

Is it me, or can I just not find a way to put the parkinglights on when I have left and locked the vehicle? This in case of parking alongside the road when it is dark?
On my BMW and MINI I can just put the indicator stalk (when ignition off) in the up or down position for resp. the left or right parking light.
The battery of the evoque can't be that bad that they deleted this option Shocked

RE: How to enable parking lights - funguf - 02-01-2014 09:44am

(31-12-2013 03:21pm)Rein Wrote:  Is it me, or can I just not find a way to put the parkinglights on when I have left and locked the vehicle? This in case of parking alongside the road when it is dark?
On my BMW and MINI I can just put the indicator stalk (when ignition off) in the up or down position for resp. the left or right parking light.
The battery of the evoque can't be that bad that they deleted this option Shocked

See the "Vehicle Set-up" option on the instrument panel menu. It's the "Headlamp delay" setting you need I believe.

RE: How to enable parking lights - Rein - 02-01-2014 10:10am

I think this only has 3 intervals, not an "always on" option. But I will check it. Thanks

RE: How to enable parking lights - The Valeter - 03-01-2014 12:03am

Didn't even know it had a parking light option?

RE: How to enable parking lights - PhilSkill - 03-01-2014 02:52pm

They're not parking lights really, they're for keeping the lights on while you walk to your door so you're not left in the pitch black once you lock the car, although I've never enabled it so could be wrong.

RE: How to enable parking lights - RacingSnake - 03-01-2014 03:09pm

Yeah, that's what the first reply is talking about which is not what the OP is talking about Neutral

RE: How to enable parking lights - Rein - 03-01-2014 05:42pm

I'll drop the dealer a line. Let you guys and girls know as soon as I find out.

RE: How to enable parking lights - BFGEvoqueMan - 05-01-2014 10:15am

(31-12-2013 03:21pm)Rein Wrote:  Is it me, or can I just not find a way to put the parkinglights on when I have left and locked the vehicle? This in case of parking alongside the road when it is dark?

There are none as these things are not required in the UK, so unlike German manufacturers who fit them as they are required in Germany, they are not fitted. All you can do is to out the "sidelights on", but since they are all LED the power drain should be marginal. QuestionQuestion