Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How has it been so far?
Mr Bear

How has it been so far?

Hi all,
Just wondering how everyone is finding the Evoque, Some people disappointed with mpg, reliability and after care with any problems. Of coarse you will have some unlucky ones but it's the amount of unlucky once I'm not not sure about yet.
As this is my first expensive car i want to get it right, normally pay £16,000 (Evoque £47,600)
I did always want a Porsche?

Cheers Confused
04-03-2012 08:02pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lngrn36

RE: How has it been so far?

Love mine!

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
04-03-2012 08:32pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LDT

I am only 2 days into ownership but also love mine.

The quality of build exceeded my expectations. Normally it takes me a few days to "settle" into a new car, but already very pleased with the purchase.

Fuel consumption started at 18 with 17 miles on clock, but is now 22.5 with 167 miles on clock, many of those relatives taking tentative drives!

Early days for me to constructively comment, but I have driven a Porche (albeit a Boxster) and given the choice would already take the RRE every time.

Good luck with your difficult decision!

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
04-03-2012 08:45pm
barbarad

I am now onto day four - and love it !

MPG on long drive home (400+ miles) showing 38mpg

Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy

Very Happy Fuji White Coupe SD4 * Panoramic Roof, Ebony Lining, Parking Aid Front, Privacy Glass, Puddle Lamps, Front Fog Lamps, Mat, Flaps, Treadplates.Arrow
04-03-2012 09:16pm
ceebee

How has it been so far?

5 months and 4000 miles later and I still love it the same as the day I picked it up!
Had no issues so far...............

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
04-03-2012 11:56pm
Evoqess

I've only done a couple of thousand km as I do not actually need a car to commute to work (so pleasure kms to be exact). And absolutely NO secret that I am a big, big fan of the Evoque - it's a car that can go anywhere with style and presence!

The Porsche attraction I can appreciate, they are common in my town (image enhancements ??) and also beloved by driving enthusiasts. But probably not the best choice for a single day to day car - so my inner voice keeps on saying to me. A sporty, exhilarating ride needing pristine roads that are few and far between out of the city.
Unfortunately the new Boxster is just too beautiful for words. I've spent the afternoon looking at some internet videos of it. Sorry, clearly I am not helping the situation here lol. The Evoque is no Porsche, but when I head up a dirt road the Porsche is NO EVOQUE hehe

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
05-03-2012 01:07am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

You don't say which Porsche you would like to spend Evoque money on, but at least (apart from a Cayenne) you can use an Evoque every day of the year regardless of the weather.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
05-03-2012 10:09am
Westy

Three weeks in 3500miles and still loving the car, had some busy work commitments hence the mad milage in its early life.

Have done some long days and have to say I am really happy with the car, few little niggles but my supplying dealer is collecting the car tomorrow, leaving me a FL2 and I feel happy that they are interested in giving good service and sorting these out.

So far MPG is around 36 worse case up to 42mpg and most of these at good motorway speeds. (not bad when some of this was 4 adults, 4 cases and high speed)

What is impressive is how quiet the car is, for a car with big wheels and high upright panels it is very silent, to the point that the optional speed warning keeps pinging on.

Very happy so far Smile

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
05-03-2012 10:30am
M.I.B

5 month, 3.5K, and loving it.Very Happy
05-03-2012 05:29pm
Ranger4

Still on my first full tank of diesel in my sd4 auto and I'm loving it to bits, needs a good wash now!

New tank started off at 27mpg, hills and country roads, then after a 150 mile motorway journey got it up to 41mpg. A bit more town driving, more motorway and then back to the hills and it's now 37.9mpg. Not too bad for a new engine.

5 door, SD4 Auto, Dynamic LUX, Orkney Grey, Verve Interior, Ebony Headlining, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel......
05-03-2012 07:01pm