Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hazard lights 3 flash
LG8340

Hazard lights 3 flash

Has anyone done or able to provide a solution to allow the driver to signal thank-you to a following car with a 3 flash hazard warning.

Of course it can be done by pressing the hazard button and pressing again a few seconds later.

However lane-changing 3 flash is now standard so why not 3 flash hazard (maybe not standard).

Any thoughts?

Michael

SD4 Prestige / 5 Door / Fuji White / Tech Pack / Tan - Ivory interior / 22" rims / bonnet vents /
rear camera / park assist / pano roof / privacy glass / front parking sensors
18-04-2016 07:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Hazard lights 3 flash

Extending the indicators is to ensure other drivers see you are indicating is for safety while you steer.

Flashing hazards at other drivers is un-official and even possibly illegal if the car is not a hazard. Don't think any manufacturer will make this a "feature".

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
18-04-2016 08:35pm
LG8340

I agree that 3 flash won't become mainstream nevertheless I'd love to have any positive input into the concept.

SD4 Prestige / 5 Door / Fuji White / Tech Pack / Tan - Ivory interior / 22" rims / bonnet vents /
rear camera / park assist / pano roof / privacy glass / front parking sensors
18-04-2016 08:51pm
jitenc

Once, IMHO is fine. Then, more than that gets irritating. Flashing once, is like giving a thumbs up or saying Cheers.
And in Lindon especially, by the time someone has given me the third flash, I have already changed lanes, cut someone up and already overtaken the thanking driver!

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
19-04-2016 12:33am
Steve D

Don't do what I did - I hit the hazard twice in succession as a quick thank you to someone who let me cut in front of them but hit the stop/start button instead and came to a grinding halt, handbrake came on and gear knob retracted. Worse thing was, I was running the car using the emergency start procedure and had to fumble around in the middle lane of the A13 during rush hour to start it up again!

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
19-04-2016 07:25am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

IIRC use of the hazard warning lights is illegal when the car is moving............ Even when meant as a Thank You. Why not just wave at the other driver.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
19-04-2016 09:15am
Steve D

(19-04-2016 09:15am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  IIRC use of the hazard warning lights is illegal when the car is moving............ Even when meant as a Thank You. Why not just wave at the other driver.

Now Tim that just can't be true. What about those cars that automatically activate the hazards under severe/emergency braking? They're still moving aren't they?

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
19-04-2016 09:44am
RangeRobere

As a thank you, I just press the hazard light, wait a second, and press again. You can see the hazards on the dash and as soon as you get one flash, just press it again. This is not too common in the states, but I see it more and more. 18 wheelers and large trucks use it to say thank you when you let them in, for example.
19-04-2016 06:13pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Steve your Evoque should also do that. I think you might find that the hazards don't come on until you have stopped, but personnally have never had to find out..........

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
19-04-2016 09:56pm
Steve D

I might have to give that a go and see what happens - on a clear road of course!

20-04-2016 07:45am